Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
PNAC, 9/11, and the "new Pearl Harbor"
    #2262560 - 01/22/04 12:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I've seen a few people mention the PNAC document (Rebuilding Americas Defenses) with regards to 9/11, specifically the line:

"Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Habor."

I've seen some people refer to this quote as evidence that the PNAC and those involved with/linked to it either had prior knowledge of 9/11 or were the actual architects of the attack.

Let me make this much clear, so we don't have any silly arguments: I am not saying or implying in any way that this is true! The possibility does exist...but it is only a possibility (like everything else).

To get to my point: I don't think that this quote shows any prior knowledge of or intent surrounding 9/11...but it does show something very important, in my opinion.

The people involved with PNAC understood long before 9/11 that an attack on Americans of the scale of 9/11 could pave the way for greater American military action throughout the world.

They may not have known when it would happen, or even if it would happen...but they knew exactly what it would mean for them if it did happen.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: PNAC, 9/11, and the "new Pearl Harbor" [Re: trendal]
    #2262561 - 01/22/04 12:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup: for thinking clearly.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2262610 - 01/22/04 01:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

They may not have known when it would happen, or even if it would happen...but they knew exactly what it would mean for them if it did happen.

which would have given them no incentive to stop such an attack..if they had received advance intelligence...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: PNAC, 9/11, and the "new Pearl Harbor" [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2262616 - 01/22/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Again, I will not go so far as to say that with the information I have... but it is a logical step in thought.

The furthest I would go is to say that they probably even hoped for an attack of some kind to happen in order to advance their plans quickly.

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #2262618 - 01/22/04 01:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nah, its not like that.  IT was horrible, and im sure the administration did all they could to prevent it....i mean even though it would serve thier interests enourmously the ppl come first in america...and even iraq. :lol:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2262785 - 01/22/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Explain the complete failure/ridiculous response of NORAD.
Explain the actions of the most powerful leaders of our land that morning, which they lied about later.
Explain why the FBI and CIA were specifically ordered to quash all Al Queda arrests in the 3 years before 9/11, dating back to orders directely from Clinton in '98 and then Bush again, to let Al Quada cells go-it happened over 10 times.
Why are there 3 versions of exactly how the towers collapsed that morning?

Are all our leaders just stupid? Is a trillion dollar aircraft defense system worthless? Why was the reponse of its new commander (who was hired 10 months before 9/11 and retired 3 weeks after) to sit there and watch this happen? Why was Al Queda treated like the president's daughters before the attacks? Why is it that the only investigation the white house will let take place is comprised of a review board of elite politicians airline businessmen, who refuse to look into NORAD or question anythign the airline workers observed about that morning?

Can someone help with the answers to these questions before you go claiming what was or wasn't, because the higest officials of the land sure are doing everything they can to avoid them, and the official report is complete garbage and makes absolutely no sense?

I don't know if it was deliberate, but these are valid questions, so if anybody has any answers, I would love to stand corrected.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2262883 - 01/22/04 03:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

it doesnt matter whether the massive intelligence failure that occured on 9/11 was intetional or not.

the people who control our government right now are either very crooked or very stupid, or maybe both. Not the kind of people I want with their finger on the button.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2262906 - 01/22/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The furthest I would go is to say that they probably even hoped for an attack of some kind to happen in order to advance their plans quickly.

there is..however..another scenario which does not involve deliberately ignoring warning..or directly staging the attack ..that is to simply continue ramping up aggression abroad on the one hand..while at the same time letting advance warning and response capability flag at home on the other...the members of the PNAC where in the right positions to create both of these conditions..and gamble on a high probability of the desired outcome...

personally..however..i stil believe that the junta did manufacture 9/11 much more directly than that...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2262975 - 01/22/04 04:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

As I said, I'm not saying they had any prior knowledge...but I'm not going to say they didn't either :wink:

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: PNAC, 9/11, and the "new Pearl Harbor" [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2262979 - 01/22/04 04:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

there is..however..another scenario which does not involve deliberately ignoring warning..or directly staging the attack ..that is to simply continue ramping up aggression abroad on the one hand..while at the same letting advance warning and response capability flag at home on the other...the members of the PNAC where in the right positions to create both of these conditions..and gamble on a high probability of the desired outcome...

A PBS Frontline episode that you can watch online may shed some more light on that :wink:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/knew/view/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion