Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekannibus77
strangja

Loc: illinois
illinois?
    #2262388 - 01/22/04 11:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Whats happnin people?I've got a few questions and hopefully someone can help.I just moved to illinois this fall,belleville to be exact.I was wondering if any one knows if panaeolus subbs grow here,dung loving psilocybes,or any other dung inhabiting species.There are a couple of horse fields up the road from my house,and i was wondering if it is possible to find em.When I first got here,in the early fall it was still very warm here.It rained for about 3 days in a row.I went out there after the rain subsided,and found several species of coprinus growing out of the horse dung.could subbs actually grow here?I used to live 2 and a half hours south of here in murray kentucky and i picked subbs there,so could they possibly grow here?It is the same climate here as is there.There are tons of horse and cattle farms here too.I plan to hit em all,does anyone think it's worth the effort?Oh'and another thing,anyone know if the coprinus might be pschoactive?I would greatly appreciate a response.THANX

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: illinois? [Re: kannibus77]
    #2262455 - 01/22/04 11:53 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

None of the Coprinus species are active.

Your question about what active species grow in which states is answered in the FAQ.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: illinois? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2262626 - 01/22/04 01:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ToxicMan said:
None of the Coprinus species are active.

No, but the shaggy mane  C. comatus  sure is delicious. Gourmet edibles and medicinal mushrooms are fun to hunt for too, guys! :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2262659 - 01/22/04 01:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

By thy waters gently flowing, Illinois, Illinois.

My school theme song at Skinner in Chicago, the one which burnt down, not the new one rebuilt in 1958.

mj

Offlinekannibus77
strangja

Loc: illinois
Re: illinois? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2265133 - 01/23/04 09:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I've found shaggy manes and other edible species,there are tons of very choice edibles here.As far as the faq goes,I've read it,and it's a bit incomplete.The faq doesn't even list kentucky,and I've found subbs there many times.There are also several other psychoactive species that grow there,and it does't even list em.I was just wondering if anyone in their own experiances has found them here.Also,I have a friend that lives at the tennesee,kentucky border that swears he has found cubensis on the kentucky side.I wonder if that's true.LATER

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2265334 - 01/23/04 11:44 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

BEcause dcientific literature only accepts proof of species from herbarium deposits. I have shown pictures of deadly galerinas to people from Kentucky and they told me how they ate them and got off on them.

I am sure that P. subbalteatus is oin Kentucky., and maybe P. caerulipes which is found on some coastal states, but until someone collects and deposits specimens in herbarioums for others to follow up that research and data, it needs to bve published to be placed in the list. If not then it is not scientifically listed on anyones lists.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification