Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
degeneration?
    #2261731 - 01/22/04 12:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

got a syringe back in august,knocked up 12 pf jars,growed (great by the way)took prints,growed took prints again, and so on.this is like 5th grow on em.the problem here is im getting less product with each grow and seem to be getting mostly aborts here lately.the only thing is that on the mycleium run it looks fantastic, strands running every where.maybe could it be cause it's winter time and the only heat source is wood stove? i would'nt think so. terrium is sitting on heating pad, but have 3" perlite and plenty a water there not dry or anything (cakes)? is time to get more spores? i dunno anyway can ya'll help me make scence of all this. peace

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: degeneration? [Re: peleg]
    #2261757 - 01/22/04 12:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Probably best to take some measurements regarding the atmospheric situation before thinking it might be degeneration. I don't know how big your terrarium is but 3 inches of perlite is a lot.

I am interested in degeneration also, mainly because I would love to not to have to buy a new strain from a supplier ever again. If anybody can post some good info on either avoiding or getting your stock out of it I'm sure I would not be the only one appreciating it.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: degeneration? [Re: utopianglory]
    #2262232 - 01/22/04 07:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hanky????? magash??? anno?????? whats ur take on this. oh by the way terrium is typical rubbermaid as seen round here often. temps stay 70-8o

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2262234 - 01/22/04 08:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Temp really shouldn't reach 80 in the fruiting stage if you can help it. I know temp in the winter is a tricky beast.

It shouldn't be degeneration, as degeneration is a byproduct of the cloning process. You are spore printing which allows new sub-strains to grow in each new batch.

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: degeneration? [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2262279 - 01/22/04 08:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yup take prints evry harvest

--------------------

Anonymous

#2262418 - 01/22/04 09:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

degeneration doesnt happen with prints think about it how would they grow in the wild if they degenerated?

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: degeneration? [Re: fee]
    #2262480 - 01/22/04 10:07 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

makes good scence, so by taking a print or 2 evry flush i should be str8 for many years? also i heard somewhere that you should change ur substrate evry so often.any opinions on this.peace

--------------------

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2262498 - 01/22/04 10:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

peleg said:
makes good scence, so by taking a print or 2 evry flush i should be str8 for many years? also i heard somewhere that you should change ur substrate evry so often.any opinions on this.peace

Well don't count on a print being viable after the period of 1 year. There are accounts of them lasting many years, but if it's a matter of life or death, 1 year is safe.

Changing your substrate sounds like a "spawn to another batch" type of worry, and doesn't affect people who go "fruit, print, fruit, print". Although I could be wrong. I use 2 substrates right now. 1 is Millet.PF Tek substrate, and the other is whole grain WBS. I haven't changed them, and I am not planning on it.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: degeneration? [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2262507 - 01/22/04 10:18 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I would think useing the same substrate generation after generation would be a good thing the shrooms will become custom to that specific substrate. Like what PF did thats why the PF strain grows so well in pf jars but not as well on WBS
just my 2 cents

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract