Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQBensis
Stranger
Using 1 pint jars for PF method
    #2261375 - 01/21/04 10:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, let me start out by saying that I'm very new at mushroom cultivation.

Here's my question. A friend of mine is growing some psilocybe cubensis and I've been assisting him quite a bit with the info this site gave me. He has a grow kit right now and he's in the middle of his second flush. Now that he's gotten his feet wet he'd like to try it without the convenience of a kit.

He's going to use the PF method and has already purchased the main supplies(pressure cooker, vermiculite, brown rice flour, etc.) To our surprise, the hardest item to find was the half pint tapered jars. He finally gave up and bought full pint tapered jars. I saw that full pint jars are usable(but not ideal). The question is if we use the full pint jars would it be better to double the ingredients or just make half a jar of substrate.

Thanks in advance guys...BTW this is my first post the The Shroomery and I hope to become a regular.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Using 1 pint jars for PF method [Re: QBensis]
    #2261394 - 01/21/04 10:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would make 1/2 jars so you can bust em up and shake em! The only disadvantage to a whole pint of substrate is the longer colonization time, which gives contams more time to set in. Many ppl use full pint jars very effectively...

--------------------

Anonymous

#2261430 - 01/21/04 10:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would go with WBS sinse you have a pc and WBS colinizes faster and is more potent. Plus how can you beat $10 for 40 pounds of it. And go for bags and case im getting ahead of myself but in my opinion do WBS and you can fruit it like a cake then when you comfortable with that you can case it and when you comfortable with that you can spawn bulk. I have been at this for allmost two years and I just tried pf I still havent got a fully colinized half pint jar but in the meentime the 3 pint bags of WBS is colinized. WBS is way quicker and better all around I could go on all day about it

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2261441 - 01/21/04 10:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

^^^^^^yeh what fee said fill that whole thing up with WBS and forget the pf tek now that you got a PC!

[edit - wrong post  :crazy2:]

--------------------

Edited by simplemachine (01/21/04 10:43 PM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2261482 - 01/21/04 10:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Go with grains.

6 day old quart of rye. Ended up finishing in 8 days. This jar was a fast one but the average is two weeks for quarts. Grains are very easy. All of this grains suck and crap is usually done by people who tried it one or two times had a contam and quit trying it.

I am in no way knocking the PF tek. Tek

I'm just saying give grains a shot.

PMP

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Magash]
    #2261722 - 01/22/04 12:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleYesItsMe
Homeless GOHOME !...
Loc: Working for Piss ;...
Re: Using 1 pint jars for PF method [Re: OldSpice]
    #2261761 - 01/22/04 12:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That?s right , its not serious , stop to scrape ur nose Magash !

--------------------
God save the Queen

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds