Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFantastic Mr. Fox
Grass Seed Connoisseur

Loc: Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: MacMerdin] * 1
    #22610291 - 12/03/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yea.
The jelly/gelatin like membrane is normal with sclerotia.

--------------------
Giving is all we have, for we're just grateful to be alive

:kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacMerdin
Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: The Island of Misfit Toys
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox] * 2
    #22610300 - 12/03/15 07:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet.  Thanks.  First time and all......

--------------------
MacMerdin's Simple Pan-Cakes

InvisibleFantastic Mr. Fox
Grass Seed Connoisseur

Loc: Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: MacMerdin] * 2
    #22610322 - 12/03/15 07:40 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Right on!

Nice stones btw

--------------------
Giving is all we have, for we're just grateful to be alive

:kratom:

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox] * 1
    #22610426 - 12/03/15 08:09 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:grin: too bad I lost mah stone producers :frown:

if I try them again I will definitely do bags of them and will NOT be using wbs.
harvesting them in mass requires a 1/4in screen or maybe two layered screen of different varied sizes..
breaking up the jars, pouring handful and sifting through over a 5gal bucket is a time consumer (but well worth it).

when I group dose people stones are what I prefer.

to the first time harvester: give them a good rinse, dry(the outside) and store in paper bags in the fridge.
If you do grind them up do not leave anything but dust cause it's like eating pebbles. :super: :happyheart:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Edited by filthyknees (12/03/15 08:17 PM)

Offlinesaintburger
Helper

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: filthyknees] * 1
    #22610681 - 12/03/15 09:10 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Can anyone tell me what a typical harvest of stones from a quart jar of grain may be in dried grams? Specifically referring to Mexicana Chicon Nindo.

--------------------
Set goals for yourself, or wander around aimlessly.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road
and saw a Cheshsire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' was his response
'I don't know', Alice answered.
'Then', said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'"

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: saintburger] * 1
    #22611331 - 12/04/15 12:03 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Stone producers seem to produce 100-130 grams fresh per a quart jar usually, and since stones are 2/3rds water, it'd be about 33-43 grams of dried stones.

I don't see many people try and dry their stones though. They keep so well in the fridge and in the jars themselves. Plus when they're dry, they're like little rocks.

--------------------

OfflineMacMerdin
Hunter
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox] * 1
    #22611626 - 12/04/15 03:56 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Achillita said:
Stone producers seem to produce 100-130 grams fresh per a quart jar usually, and since stones are 2/3rds water, it'd be about 33-43 grams of dried stones.

I don't see many people try and dry their stones though. They keep so well in the fridge and in the jars themselves. Plus when they're dry, they're like little rocks.

I dried mine because RR has stated in the past to dry them as soon as possible if you don't plan on using them right away.

I plan on grinding them up before consumption.

Quote:

Fantastic Mr. Fox said:
Right on!

Nice stones btw

Thanks.

--------------------

OfflineSksoul
Pan handler
 User Gallery

Loc: Far East
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: MacMerdin] * 1
    #22611657 - 12/04/15 04:31 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MacMerdin said:
Quote:

Achillita said:

I dried mine because RR has stated in the past to dry them as soon as possible if you don't plan on using them right away.

I plan on grinding them up before consumption.

Quote:

Fantastic Mr. Fox said:
Right on!

Nice stones btw

Thanks.

Be warned. You may end up bending/dulling/denting the blades on your grinder.

I'm on my 3rd coffee grinder because of damned dried stones... I just pick em when I want to eat 'em now. I'll never dry them again. Even 30 minutes of boiling won't rehydrate the big ones.

--------------------
Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

OfflineMacMerdin
Hunter
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sksoul] * 1
    #22611687 - 12/04/15 05:04 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe I'll have to invest in a nut chopper or something.  Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------

OfflineSksoul
Pan handler
 User Gallery

Loc: Far East
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: MacMerdin] * 3
    #22611694 - 12/04/15 05:11 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

That or cut em up into smaller pieces before drying. Seriously I think grinding up rocks might be easier...

--------------------
Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

Offlinepsylo-not
Stranger
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sksoul] * 1
    #22611781 - 12/04/15 06:34 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I've recently vacuum sealed some just to see what happens. At room temp after 3 days, one packet has slightly less of a vacuum on it, but still looks good. Packs in the fridge are dead tight like the day I sealed. Only thing I can figure is the room temp one is trying to grow again and releasing a slight bit of gas?

I have the bulk of the harvest simply plastic wrapped in a bowl in the fridge and they seem fine after a week or so.

On another note, I've noticed that the stones that came from my fruiting trays are incredibly dense compared to the ones that were grown in vitro from rye berries. The largest rye stone was only about 7 grams, but a comparable sized stone from the manure substrate was slightly over 13 grams. Does anyone have any insight on this? Initially I thought that the manure was more nutritious, but I'm also wondering if the sub simply had more moisture to pull from than the jar of berries did... the rye looked quite dry after harvesting.

--------------------

Offlineguyute22
Ugly Pig

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: psylo-not] * 2
    #22611885 - 12/04/15 07:17 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psylo-not said:
I've recently vacuum sealed some just to see what happens. At room temp after 3 days, one packet has slightly less of a vacuum on it, but still looks good. Packs in the fridge are dead tight like the day I sealed. Only thing I can figure is the room temp one is trying to grow again and releasing a slight bit of gas?

Be careful about storing anything fresh under vacuum at room temp.

You are open to anaerobic bacterial growth, specifically clostridium botulinum, which produces a neurotoxin that is extremely poisonous (although very small doses injected in facial muscles relax the muscles and reduce wrinkles - botox).

Be safe! And nice stones!

--------------------

InvisibleStickyIcky Fingers
Free DOOM!! Available Here

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: guyute22] * 1
    #22614359 - 12/04/15 07:19 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I have not dried any of mine. So far for long term storage I have used honey. Made the first large harvest into mead and the second I just chopped up wet and put in a jar and covered them in honey. I need to try the mead more to see if its stable over time.... I havent tried the honey yet.

Offlinepsylo-not
Stranger
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: StickyIcky Fingers] * 1
    #22614422 - 12/04/15 07:31 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

@ Guyute, Thank you for the advice and the complement. :cheers: They're all in the fridge after I noticed the difference.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: psylo-not] * 1
    #22614639 - 12/04/15 08:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Gimme an hour and remind me to post pics

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #22614699 - 12/04/15 08:30 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck it may as well post now but they dont show very well anyway, just put chicon into fruiting

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleNumeroEno
I come from the land of lizards
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #22615042 - 12/04/15 09:46 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Pulling up a chair. What we have here is ATL7 in 3 half gallons of oats. The culture comes from a stone I found on a plate after several weeks in the fridge. I transferred a piece of the stone to a new plate, inoculated a pint of millet with a wedge, expanded the pint to 3 more pints, and used each pint on a half gallon. I think I'll spawn the jar on the right and let the other 2 grow stones until the end of January.

--------------------

:gd_icon:  Let it grow! Let it grow! Greatly yield!  :gd_icon:
What shall we say, shall we call it by a name
As well to count the angels dancing on a pin
Water bright as the sky from which it came
And the name is on the earth that takes it in

DOG FOOD AGAR

MY ELECTRIC INOCULATION LOOP

Offlinepsylo-not
Stranger
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: NumeroEno] * 1
    #22615890 - 12/05/15 06:30 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Some serious jars you got there!  :Awemazing:

Hey Cron, what's up with your last pic? Is that an agar pic or is it a jar that was cased and colonized? Looks like the casing is showing on the right, correct? If so, why did you colonize the casing instead of moving straight to fruiting like I see with most varieties other than cubes?

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: psylo-not] * 1
    #22616795 - 12/05/15 12:35 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

nice one eno! oh man i still have an atl7 jar sitting in the back corner of my cabinet. the stones were about nickel size last time i looked.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Offlinepsylo-not
Stranger
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: eatyualive] * 1
    #22617064 - 12/05/15 02:07 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

So I threw this tub together last night. 1.5 Quarts harvested rye, re-hydrated for about 8 hours mixed with 2.5 Quarts Hpoo/straw/coir/verm (50/25/12.5/12.5 + dash of lime).

My last trays went into a SGFC, this is first mini-mono I've tried with these. I found the casing dried too quickly in the SGFC, and even though the fruits didn't mind being misted heavily, I'm hoping this is a little more self-maintaining.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates