Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
What's a little OC compared to a BJ?
    #2260649 - 01/21/04 05:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking about how Rush worried the Monica incident like a hungry dog on a soup bone...Clinton's a liar,the moral inadequacy,the endless allegations of criminal activity. And now Karma the wondeful balance of the universe has shown him guilty of all he was so quick to judge Slick Willie for. Does the irony of this strike anyone else as quite sublime?
  I don't make light of Rush's actual pain issues, I have them also. What I find intriguing is that Rush's "crimes" in the present legal climate(and right wing talk radio) would warrant the castigation he heaped upon the Clintons. And Ole Slick Willie didn't commit any crime until he lied about the BJ.Now Rush broke laws left and right getting his OC, but there is a erie silence out there in finger pointing land about Rush.Hell he is even recieving compassion from those he castigated.
What is wrong with this picture? A man gets a little illicit sex, which is legal, but not moral and we are dominated by the event forever. Another man,one of the champions of the prosecution of the former is caught in the midst of scandal and lies of a far greater legal implication and it is virtualy silent in comparison to the other transgressor. Now I've heard those of you say that it is the laws fault and all but just looking at events as they stand without judgement of the fairness of the law, one has to admit that there is a fundimental differnce in the way these two men are being treated by the legal system? One is caught fibbing about an illicit BJ and we have a special prosecutor on his tail.
Another is caught scoring illicit OC and is treated as a victim.
Those to me are some pretty selective enforcements of the legal system and should warn that fairness is NOT part of the present game.

To those who call his problem a mismanagement of pain I agree, Rush Limbaugh gave up personal responsibility for the management of his pain and turned it over to Oxycontin.It is a decision every addict makes at some point, and is the only legitimate reason to at least monitor the health of opiate dependent patients.Perhaps if there were some support for opiate dependency therapy the patient could manitain personal responsibility for managing their pain and their opiate consumption without legal implications....
Ah, Well these are the things MY dreams are made of.
But the irony of juxtaposing the two events I wished to share.
Peace,
WR

PS I am writing this after watching a woman on Heroin jump the curb and hit a pole just feet from a group of four pedestrians.How do I know she was on Junk? When I stopped to see if everyone was OK the back window had a sticker which said "Just Jonzing!" and she was asleep when I walked up and so were the two passengers. I spoke up" hey are you all right" and while still half asleep she said " I just need a little more to get me right"....right, ten feet and she would be in jail for vehicular manslaughter,my kids would have seen their first grusome death, and I would have been first response at an accident scene which should never occur.Personal Responsibility....what a concept!
WR :rasta:

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What's a little OC compared to a BJ? [Re: whiterasta]
    #2260667 - 01/21/04 05:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

A man gets a little illicit sex, which is legal, but not moral and we are dominated by the event forever

He was not impeached for the act, he was impeached for lying to a grand jury. There is a huge difference.

Had he said it was none of anyones business,he'd have been smart.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2260668 - 01/21/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone knows Rush is a hypocrite. I don't think you'll run into too much controversy criticizing him on this message board.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What's a little OC compared to a BJ? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2260682 - 01/21/04 05:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Having been addicted to substances before, I feel sorry for him actually.

I heard on the news (don't remember where) that some group checked his shows after the news of his addiction was released, and it seems that to his credit, he didn't rag on druggies after his addiction started.

He should have never ragged on them, but at least he stopped.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #2260789 - 01/21/04 06:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

[quoteWhat I find intriguing is that Rush's "crimes" in the present legal climate(and right wing talk radio) would warrant the castigation he heaped upon the Clintons. And Ole Slick Willie didn't commit any(provable) crime until he lied about the BJ.Now Rush broke laws left and right getting his OC, but there is a erie silence out there in finger pointing land about Rush.Hell he is even recieving compassion from those he castigated.

this is the particular bit that is of importance.Willie showed us a weasly bubba when he squirmed and lied about Monica.Perjury, yes,over an issue he should not have been questioned about.Rush shows us a weasly "I am a poor addict" but has compounded it with a huge string of legal issues far above and beyond lying about a BJ.Do you think Rush's crimes warrant a special prosecutor? Or public service anouncements? A pat on the head and an "It's alright lil Rush you was in pain so we understand "? How to treat a hypocrite without hypocrisy?
WR:rasta:

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2260817 - 01/21/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You're right in saying he should not have been asked. Once he was, he needed to tell the truth. He did not.

Does Rush deserve a special prosecutor for drug violations? Nope. Does anyone? However he broke the law and if there is a price to pay then he must pay it.

From what I've heard, his crime is not often prosecuted. Perhaps the hypocrite is the prosecutor.

The ones I feel sorry for are those who are glad to see anyone suffer an addiction.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: What's a little OC compared to a BJ? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2260834 - 01/21/04 07:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Once he was, he needed to tell the truth.

did he even need to do that much? could he have just said, "none of your damn business"?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What's a little OC compared to a BJ? [Re: ]
    #2260842 - 01/21/04 07:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I believe you'll find I said that in my first post in this thread.

None of your business seems to me to fall under the heading of truth. It was no-ones business.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: What's a little OC compared to a BJ? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2260849 - 01/21/04 07:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ah... i see...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What's a little OC compared to a BJ? [Re: ]
    #2260868 - 01/21/04 07:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I should have been more clear. Mea culpa.

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#2261112 - 01/21/04 08:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

anonymity is a just punishment for Rush

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom