Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO
    #2260704 - 01/21/04 05:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys, I just got the first Ultra music festival lineup announcement today and am posting some info which will be updated perodically as I find out moore stuff. First for some basics, this is the biggest Electronic music festival that is the kick off party for an event called the "winter Music Conference" in Miami. Officially, the actual conference-EXPO that takes place in a ballroom in a big classy Miami hotel where producers and musicians alike come to see exhibits of the latest in Electroic and Digital Gear. Like the Surf Expo for example, you either need an invitation, connections, or a well known electronic musician to get into this excusive "coference" but with an application and a few hundred bucks, you can sneak your way in. Ok now for the good stuff. Basically, this whole week, there are parties in South Beach and Miami at local clubs where musicans, attending the conference, come to play. Most of these musicians will put on sets at the party that starts them all off which is ULTRA. Attendence last year exceded 50,000 and it will be at BAYFRONT Park March 6'th. I wait all year for this party and I already see some artists which I definaltey want to see. Im sure if you lik electronic music or just like to party, you will see somebody or something that stikes your eye. I used to go to Miami and just party the whole week but oblgations prohibit me from being as crazy as ID like to be but ULTRA is one party I cannot miss. I will make a post in the Gathering Forum a few weeks before the event goes down so it doesnt get washed up by other posts. There is still much time so only a few of the 190 names performing on 11 seperate stages have been relased. Here are some of those names:

The Chemical Brothers
Paul Oakenfold
Tiesto
Paul Van Dyk
Erick Morillo
Way out West - live - first ever US performance
Pete Tong
Josh Wink
Donald Glaude
Adam Freeland
D:Fuse
Kevens - live
DMP
Galaxy Girl - live

Hope to see some there. Some LINKS: [url=http://www.wintermusicconference.com/]Winter Music Conference Site[/url---
[url= www.ultramusicfestival.com]ULTRA SITE[/url]

Peace, Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO [Re: orizon]
    #2265150 - 01/23/04 08:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was just gong to post this. You beat me to it. The only way they could come close to matching last year's line up would be to have Faithless. IT looks great so far all the same.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO [Re: Vertigo]
    #2266776 - 01/23/04 07:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Last year was tight. But be patient, the lineup is still not complete. I saw Faithless in IBIZA and they were amazing! Its a shame not too many world class European acts come to the US cause they know they draw bigger crowds In Europe alot easier then in the US. If they do come over though, Ultra will be the time. I would bet my life they will be at the conference, but like you, I wish they would put on a show. Chemical Brothers and Paul Van Dyke are definately crowd pleasers though. I love PVD, those classic melodies give me chills down my spine and Chemical Brothers just brings down the house.

Invisibleshroomerylurker
lurker
Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO *DELETED* [Re: orizon]
    #2266887 - 01/23/04 08:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by shroomerylurker

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #2266984 - 01/23/04 09:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It was Tight. Really cool experience. It would take atleast an hour to explain the whole trip so Ill try to wrap it up. Basically there are clubs everywhere that go all night. And its really weird because some (like the one where Faithless played) look like a regular club from the outside but once you walk down a hiuge flight of stairs, the venue opens up to an area the size of a football arena with thousands of people partying, Awesome lights and stages just blasting music. The pills there are really potent and pure too, straight from Amsterdamn, I swear I havent never rolled so hard in my life....especially from only one pill!!! The parties go all night into the next day and even in the late morning when you are trying to get to asleep in your hotel room, you can hear the faint sound of house music in the distance. I must say, I like House music but the continuous 4X4 beat gets on your nerves after about 5 hours. Fathless was a big relief casue they mixed up the beat a little and threw down an awesome set. i dont know what else to say, you kind of have to see it for yourself. All parties all nights nonstop.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2281461 - 01/28/04 04:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hereis the confirmed line so far for ULTRA. I love seeing the live acts like Rabbit in the Moon and Deepsky.

Chemical Brothers
Paul van Dyk
Paul Oakenfold
Tiesto
Sasha & John Digweed
Erick Morillo
Way Out West *live*
Bad Boy Bill
RABBIT in the MOON *live*
Richie Hawtin
Junkie XL *live*
Ferry Corsten
Deepsky *live*
Pete Tong
Junior Vazquez *exclusive WMC appearance*
Peter Rauhofer
Donald Glaude
Dimitri from Amsterdam
D:Fuse
Steve Lawler
Sander Kleinenberg
James Zabiela
Max Graham
Josh Wink
DJ Palash
Nick Warren
Infusion *live*
Jimmy Van M
Chris Fortier
The Rapture *live*
LCD Soundsystem
2 Many Djs
Keoki
Sandra Collins
DJ Hell
Johan Gielen
Jerry Bonham
Luke Fair
Lemon 8
Adam Freeland
Uberzone *live*
Rick West
Sensei *live*
DJ Icey
Baby Anne
Jekyll & Hyde *live*
Storm
Simply Jeff
Goldie
DJ Craze

AND MANY MORE TBA.........

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2281694 - 01/28/04 06:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

so are those not marked *live* just playing some DJ set?

Dammit I'm so effin jealous...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO [Re: Blastrid]
    #2281878 - 01/28/04 07:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Not necessarily. First off, names like chemical brothers is a live group and people know that from there well known name. IT is true, some may only have a few turntables on the stage but most of the time, they will have other gear such as keyboards, Midi triggers, drummachines and other outboard gear which can be coming out of there computers. THe people marked "live" are payed extra for puttin on a fully innovative show usually involving *there own* dancers, visuals, lights, lasers, people in costumes running around, etc....as well as playing there whole set live with guitars, ketboards, V-drums etc. Of course having backtracks coming from there laptop is always fair game as it is with every "live show" (electronic or not) but turntables are not used.

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
    #2289348 - 01/31/04 09:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Im glad to see Junkie XL there again. He was so great last year, as well as Jimmy Van M. I have to stop this right here or I'll go on about everyone from last year.

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #2289662 - 01/31/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I must goto this. AND WILL!

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO [Re: Cracka_X]
    #2305411 - 02/05/04 02:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone got hotel reservations yet? We'll probably book at the Raddison. It's like a mile down the street from the venue. 1 month to go!

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: ULTRA!!!! Electronic Music Festival INFO [Re: Vertigo]
    #2306911 - 02/05/04 09:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i'm so there, i'm so there it's sick!

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom