Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Cultivation Forum Changes?
    #2257811 - 01/20/04 09:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Formerly Titled: "assholes in mushy cult."

Edit: Please read on to see the discussion of proposed changes and contribute to the discussion. :smile:

i cant stand people that fucking attack you because of your opinions, even when you clearly fucking state in the nicest way possible that its only your opinion and its just what you think.  fucking assholes!  why the fuck are they so fucking aggressive when their OPINIONS differ.  is it just me or are u guys noticing mush. cult slowly deterorating into a massive bubbling pot of bullshit and OTD that results in dick heads taking things out on specific members?

no better place to vent.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Edited by Papaver (01/21/04 11:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: amyloid]
    #2257829 - 01/20/04 09:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i agree. there shouldnt be any voting/rating/arguing based on peoples opinions. you can disagree but dont insult someone for your beleifs. thats fucked

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #2258047 - 01/20/04 10:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I agree completely. People flip out about posting the same old questions or if they have something different to say they get slammed. I like the atmosphere of the pub, but spend more time in OTD just because it has more activity and keeps me interested. People there can be assholes. Mush cult is meant for people learning to grow mushies, and they are obviously doing just that. People need to calm down. Everyones a newb at some point.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #2258089 - 01/20/04 10:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I hate it when people are read you lazy ass. instead post a link and say read this and if you have anymore questions just ask. Some people dont grasp the faq completly anyway and need further explanation. And when people say this question get asked all the time maybe they arent looking for the answers that where given then and even if they where maybe they want differnt input. When people yell at you saying thats wrong well its not wrong if it works. So take a valium and chill out thats what they need speeking of which im gonna take some right now with my rum and coke

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: fee]
    #2258159 - 01/20/04 10:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I Just come up with a good Idea mabe have no comments for general ratings
or no general ratings at all "MODS" waddya think.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: fee]
    #2258164 - 01/20/04 10:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey you know what, fuck all you guys your all wrong. Im right and thats all there is to it. Im going home.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2258186 - 01/20/04 11:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I agree that the mycology forums should be friendly and respectful forums, and if this is not the case, then maybe we'll have to do something...

--------------------

OfflineParanoidSchizoid
Fun Guy With TheFungi
    #2258231 - 01/20/04 11:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I hate that too. This should be a place where everyone gets along. It's called a community for a damn reason. Everyone with big egos should leave them out of their posts. I never posted here for a long time because I was afraid of getting bitched at. I'm kind of a sensitive person and all I want is for people to not dislike me. I agree with the comment about the FAQs. Don't get me wrong, the FAQs are brilliant, yet nothing compares to opinions from multiple sources. Good post amyloid.

--------------------
Growing conspiracy
Everyone's after me
Frayed ends of sanity
Hear them calling
Hear them calling me

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2258504 - 01/21/04 12:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I left mush cult long ago for this reason......I totally agree
There are still a few good people there that try to help but I rarely go to that forum any more. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk about any cult issues.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: Ripple]
    #2258843 - 01/21/04 02:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Does anyone else feel like a HUG?

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2258858 - 01/21/04 02:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm always up for a hug, watch were those hands go though, I've heard about you :tongue:

--------------------
er

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: G a n j a]
    #2259571 - 01/21/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

:blush:

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: ParanoidSchizoid]
    #2259635 - 01/21/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ParanoidSchizoid said:
I hate that too.  This should be a place where everyone gets along.  It's called a community for a damn reason.  Everyone with big egos should leave them out of their posts.

My feelings are that we have two cultivation forums: 1) a beginner's forum, which should be friendly, encouraging, and supportive; and 2) an advanced forum, which should be very serious and push the cultivation envelope.

The problem seems to be that people occasionally forget which forum they are in. People need to keep the simple stuff out of the advanced forum, and be a little more understanding in the beginner's forum. I can understand that people get tired of the same basic questions over and over again -- especially when they are in the FAQ -- but people also need to remember that these people are just starting out, and are often posting for "encouragement and support" as much as for the answers.

Perhaps we should split cultivation into three forums: Beginning, Moderate, and Advanced. That way the beginners can encourage each other and ask basic questions, and not get in the way of the ongoing growers who have questions which don't belong in advanced. Just a thought... :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: Papaver]
    #2259648 - 01/21/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

[-- but people also need to remember that these people are just starting out, and are often posting for "encouragement and support" as much as for the answers.

Exactly right Pappy :smile: yeah the FAQ's are great but this is a message board and people want interaction !

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2259681 - 01/21/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Papaver:

My feelings are that we have two cultivation forums: 1) a beginner's forum, which should be friendly, encouraging, and supportive; and 2) an advanced forum, which should be very serious and push the cultivation envelope.

Well said :cool:.

Quote:

Papaver:

Perhaps we should split cultivation into three forums: Beginning, Moderate, and Advanced. That way the beginners can encourage each other and ask basic questions, and not get in the way of the ongoing growers who have questions which don't belong in advanced. Just a thought... :wink:

I like this idea, but we might need a little more traffic in the cultivation forums.  But then again, splitting it into three could bring in that extra traffic.

:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #2259836 - 01/21/04 12:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Everything works by pair in the Universe... There's good people (That's us) and assholes (That's them).

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2260030 - 01/21/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps we should split cultivation into three forums: Beginning, Moderate, and Advanced. That way the beginners can encourage each other and ask basic questions, and not get in the way of the ongoing growers who have questions which don't belong in advanced.

I can see that working well :thumbup:

:heart:the pub:heart: = no negative vibes or dick attitudes

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2260035 - 01/21/04 02:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps we should split cultivation into three forums: Beginning, Moderate, and Advanced. 

I'm a fan of this idea too.  :thumbup:

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2260339 - 01/21/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

3 Cultivation forums is basically granularising it too much - when you put it like beginner, moderate and advanced, it will create more confusion. If you change it to beginner,advanced and research then you might get somewhere though. Or you can seperate cultivation into very simple ones like PF TEK, BS, Sterilization. But obviously you run the risk of making it a pain to use the forum.

People who snap are just bad sports anyway. I find they are more than often some guy who has 100 posts and has been here for like a month. IE, someone who thinks jumping onto this "angry" point of view will in some how enamor himself to the community. "He stands up against idiots, wow he's great".. hah. If someone gives you shit just call them on it, 99.9% of the people here are going to be with you any time some guy gives it to you.

There are assholes everywhere in life and I would not say that the shroomery has a large population of them. Though they have increased. Damn breeders.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: assholes in mushy cult. [Re: utopianglory]
    #2260506 - 01/21/04 05:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I am an active poster in both cult forums, and I don't like the idea of splittng shit up anymore. I don't think you can solve a problem of attitude by a redesign of the forum. Thats not where the problem lies.

The problem in fact is not much of a problem in cult, thats why I post there instead of OTD. In cult we just get the occasional asshole rating someone a 1 based on 1 post they didn't aggree with. Most people in cult are keepin it real and helping ppl out just for the fun of helping ppl and spreading info. Amyloid, Fee, and YarryShroomer are always in there helping, and not getting into bullshit with other members. It would be nice to see some old friends like Ripple and Papaver over there more often, spreading some love, and layin the smack down when apropriate.

What I think COULD help the situation is some more agressive moderating of the mush cult forum. I really like being in there to help out the new kids, but it bums me out when someone gets jumped on and there's nothing I can do! I can't even rate right now due to a patch in the system!

I'm not saying the mods don't do a good job in there, and their "hands off policy" in dealing with the problems that do sometimes occur is fine. The last thing any of us want is a gestapo cult mod censoring every post, but isn't there a middle ground?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies