Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
What gets you off?
    #2258944 - 01/21/04 03:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I just stepped outside for a moment, and while I was gazing at the sky, trying to see the stars, suddenly there was the sound of a thousand rain drops hitting the leaves of the trees and the roofs of the houses.

For a brief second, I felt connected with the world and my involvement with it. Scratch that. I forgot for a second that I don't do shrooms.

For a brief second, it felt like the world had stopped. It is dark and silent, except for the rain drops. Whatever I was doing wasn't important anymore. Over something as simple as "rain".

Now I would like to know what "little thing" causes you "pause" during your day, or month, or year.

Hearing rain drops will cause me to stop and pause. We don't get rain much in So Cal. What makes you stop and pause?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What gets you off? [Re: Frog]
    #2258960 - 01/21/04 03:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hhhhm.... good question.

A lot of times it is a simple combination of browsing posts at the good ole' S and P and some thoughts... taking some time to glance at the landscape... taking a couple of moments to just totally focus on what is around me and everything.

After that, then come the collection of thoughts that have been so gracious with me, shaping my new state of mind and all.. I should probably make a more conscious focus on continously pushing my state of mind in that direction, actually... much like one would if you have a bad posture. You basically have to bring yourself to become conscious of how you are holding yourself....

The more you keep remembering to think about it, the more you continue to keep your back aligned, and the closer you get to continously yourself up right...

Anyways, I sort of went off there. Basically, I think what I'm saying is that there are a lot more things that can get me going into that "connected" sort of feeling than there used to be.. if you pursue it, it is going to open up a lot more often. Life feels so much more meaningful and full of purpose when you are looking at it through those eyes, instead of any sort of negative outlook...

But ja. What you get from life is what you seek. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2258961 - 01/21/04 03:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Rain has done it, especially a heavy rain. We get a lot of drizzle out here so when it kicks it up a notch it's beautiful. Unusual cloud formations. Tall brown grass blowing in the breeze while lit by a golden sunset. The branches of a tall, naked cottonwood moving in a light breeze. The sound of a stream and wind through trees. Rain battering pavement and reminding me that eventually it will break down the stuff that's choking the soil beneath. Playing with my landlords cats and dog. Fingers lightly drawn across skin. Death (most recently, a squirrel with it's body draped over a power line... it was bizarre, but an intriquing moment spent facing mortality.) Watching crows play, drop nuts from up high to break them open and scream loudly. Life! Nature being herself... sometimes joyful, sombre, playful, calm, or violent but always beautiful.

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
    #2258968 - 01/21/04 04:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Usually things that disattach me from reality is landscapes in the forest. Mainly mountian tops. Feels like time stopped. The strange pure silence on the mountian also helps me to my Zen state.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What gets you off? [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2258993 - 01/21/04 04:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

theshiftingwalls said:
The strange pure silence on the mountian also helps me to my Zen state.

Hey, I like that! :thumbup:

I really need to look more into Zen. hehe.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: What gets you off? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2259047 - 01/21/04 06:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The septic system is being completely redone at my house right now, and in order to dig up one "path" for the piping, they had to rip out this Rhododendron (sp?) that's lived next to our back deck longer than we've lived here.

Last night I went out in the back yard to smoke out of my bong (parents' house) and the rhododendron was sitting out there on top of the snow, still upright due to it's large cluster of roots and dirt at the bottom. It seemed really sad, almost morbid.

They're supposedly going to try to replant it in an area where they dug up the ground, but I don't think it's going to make it.

(Yes, I realize I'm rambling about a plant, but the request was for "little things" so..)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: What gets you off? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2259062 - 01/21/04 06:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thats really sad about your Rhododendron :frown: I'd be upset too. There is a cedar in the backyard of the house I just moved from, I consider her my friend, mother, brother, baby... I raised the thing from seedling to several feet taller than the shed it's beside and revelled in every inch it grew, and the first time it was strong enough for a bird to sit amoungst its branches. I've had many many incredible moments next to that tree, she's taught me much.The landlord's hired landscapers plan on HEDGING my baby, and that really upsets me. At least I won't be there to witness her humiliation. *sigh*

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: What gets you off? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2259231 - 01/21/04 09:09 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, we're supposed to be talking about things that get us off, but I emphasize with you guys. I've started a lot of plants as "starters". I try so hard to take care of them. I hate it when one of them dies. I take it as a personal defeat. I hate it when people act like plants are not big deal. "Just buy another one."

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2259251 - 01/21/04 09:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have this "Cyber Plant" that's an actual live plant, and only needs to be watered once a month, just a tablespoonfull of water, and it grows in 'artificial soil'. It's looks like something straight outta Star Trek or something, and it's attached to my computer. pretty cool :grin:

Besides if you're so uh..'unlucky' with plants...get cacti. (preferably peyote :wink:)
They're practically idiot-proof and neglect-proof. Neglidiot-proof, if you will.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #2259274 - 01/21/04 09:29 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/08/07 12:15 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What gets you off? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2259603 - 01/21/04 11:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Besides if you're so uh..'unlucky' with plants...get cacti. (preferably peyote :wink:)
They're practically idiot-proof and neglect-proof. Neglidiot-proof, if you will.

Unless it never arrives and you are forced to assume that customs intercepted it.... :frown:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
    #2259736 - 01/21/04 12:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Heavy rain's always nice for that, but my personal favorite is right before a huge thunderstorm when you can ~feel~ the barometric pressure dropping and your spine's all tingly and you just feel so very alive.

A more relaxing one is while the sun's setting and ~everything~ is bathed in that absolutely magnificent rosy light, and it fades down through to that purplish and then it's officially twilight. mMmmm, just thinking about it! I think that it tends to be nicer when one's not in a large city.

I'm planning to build a ton of little snowbabies across a few major roadways late at night tonight and write 'snowbaby crossing' in the snow nearby. I wonder if running over a snowbaby would be enough to make random people 'to stop and pause'? Will anyone stop, get out of their car and move my snowbabies out of the way? Or will they all just be horribly massacred by the snowplow? I hope it makes some people stop and pause.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: What gets you off? [Re: Panoramix]
    #2259782 - 01/21/04 12:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i love the rain so much. i want to move to seattle or oregon where it rains all the time.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: What gets you off? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #2259816 - 01/21/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
Someone being considerate.

Yes, I like that one, too. Just a small thing someone does for you, someone unknown, someone you will never see again. It makes my day feel brighter.

I run into this frequently, I realize. It's like a smaller scale of "pay it forward", but I will stop to help people when I run into them. Conversely, it seems like almost every day that someone appears out of the blue to help me with something.

Today, I was back behind the court room, where you talk to the D.A. about your case and try to get him to dismiss the charges (hahaha). I didn't really know what I was doing with regard to getting my client "house arrest" instead of jail.

As I was leaving the room, an attorney I didn't know stepped out of line to explain to me how "house arrest" works. Then, he told me to call his office later and give him my fax number and he would fax over the necessary documents.

How nice was that?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: What gets you off? [Re: TODAY]
    #2259930 - 01/21/04 01:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
i love the rain so much.  i want to move to seattle or oregon where it rains all the time.

How about Bergen? Seattle's sister city? Unfortunately, I am in that area and apparently the year I show up to stay it decides it doesn't want to tend to rain all that much... one time I guess it rained for seven months straight, with just like three days of some let up. hehe

Myself, I find life in everything. This glass of water, that moment that just passed.. everything helps compose it. The thing is to start to find it all. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: What gets you off? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2260041 - 01/21/04 02:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

What gets me off?

The answer is simple. Naked ladies.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2260176 - 01/21/04 02:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Nice thread - you know how much my VG brain gets off on the little things.  :smile:

Here's a few of my favorites:

Watching cars go by - I can literally do this for hours.

A perfectly executed sacrifice bunt on a hot summer night at the ballpark, preferably with a Sam Adams in my hand...mmmm...The summer nights are the only thing I miss about Fresno.  Can't beat swimming at midnight 'cause it's still 90 degrees out. :cool:

Seeing a little kid entertain himself with the patterns in the floor at the bank while his pissed off mom waits in line.  That always snaps me out of my own impatient rage & puts things back in perspective.

Hearing a song I haven't heard in years and completely forgot about...but can still sing along without fucking up any of the words.

Shit, I could go on all day, but I gotta go help my assistant for a bit.  Actually, that's another good one - watching a young person learn.  I love seeing that light bulb go on when they understand something for the first time.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2260189 - 01/21/04 02:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sunshine after days of rain (like today!!!) :laugh:

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2260266 - 01/21/04 03:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

psychedelic sunsets
and the eyes of a cute girl

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2260366 - 01/21/04 04:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I love to go for a nighttime walk at 7,000 ft in the mountains, when the landscape is covered in snow, there's a clear star filled sky and a full moon.  Wondrous... and especially nice on shrooms. :smile:.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom