Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Syringes and agar plates
    #22590703 - 11/29/15 02:12 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I was looking for the simple questions thread to ask my question. I am getting into agar if one drop is equal to .05ml, in theory they estimate thats 20 drops to one ml. So one syringe could inoculate 200 agar plates? I must be high

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit

Edited by natzyshroomer (11/29/15 02:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: Syringes and agar plates [Re: natzyshroomer]
    #22590719 - 11/29/15 02:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say about the smallest drop I can get is about 1/8th of a ml. Still, you can inoculate a shitton of plates with one drop.  A lot of people like putting a drop on a sterile swab and wiping it on the plates to avoid water running all over the place.

See eatyualive's sterile swab thing.  Suffice it to say, individually wrap que-tips in foil, put'm in a jar, and PC them for a bit.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Loc: Man of the Moon
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Syringes and agar plates [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22590738 - 11/29/15 02:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Made these with sterile swabs that took 3 drops solution to the tip.

--------------------
My LC Manual (With custom LC lid Tek) ~~ Required Mycology Supplies ~~ Agar Work Videos ~~ L G M
AMU Q&A-NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL! KEEP THAT IN MIND! BUY THE TICKET: TAKE THE RIDE

Check out my Retail Gourmet Mushroom Farm!

Mycologist217 is a fictitious entity that uses images supplied by Google to mask his/her inability to develop normal social habits.

Edited by Mycologist217 (11/29/15 02:22 PM)

OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: Syringes and agar plates [Re: Mycologist217]
    #22590913 - 11/29/15 02:59 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I prefer dropping a PC'ed piece of cotton (from a q-tip, removed a head of time) or a sterile filter disc in the center of the plate and adding a drop of MS solution.

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
    #22590941 - 11/29/15 03:07 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

natzyshroomer said:
I was looking for the simple questions thread to ask my question. I am getting into agar if one drop is equal to .05ml, in theory they estimate thats 20 drops to one ml. So one syringe could inoculate 200 agar plates? I must be high

You might be high... But you are more or less correct...you can grow an infinite amount of shrooms from that one drop if you play your cards right.

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

Edited by LocN9ne (11/29/15 03:07 PM)

Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Re: Syringes and agar plates [Re: LocN9ne]
    #22594126 - 11/30/15 10:51 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:o goodness I think I might need to learn master slants as well

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
    #22594728 - 11/30/15 01:31 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You have plenty of time to figure that out once you actually find a culture worth keeping :smile:  There's also storage in distilled water, which is what I expect to be doing.  Sound way easier.  I don't wanna buy popsicles.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Re: Syringes and agar plates [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22595777 - 11/30/15 06:05 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

This is going to need a farm LOL JK

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag