Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Help me to hate/love Bush.
    #2258803 - 01/21/04 01:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I currently see him as a puppet for the people with money. I have the idea that he is in control of his own ideas as well and is immoral in the same respect.

I want links to information that either support or refute his goodness.

This is going to be a mess, but politics are such.

Fuck Bush!!! or make me change my mind.

A contest to the death or rejuvenation of Bush's character!!!!

Begin each post with either "Good", "Bad", or "Neutral". All other posts wil be ignored as if they can't follow simple direction, they probably have little content worth thought!

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Help me to hate/love Bush. [Re: Joshua]
    #2258903 - 01/21/04 02:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I currently see him as a puppet for the people with money.

You are correct.

Here's a great link!

THE SMIRKING CHIMP

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #2258916 - 01/21/04 03:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Bad

I just feel he is bad due to his lack of care for human life, his
inabilaty to keep his army within his own boarders, his horrible way of
dealing with the public (see no one who is anti bush being able to
protest anywere near him on american soil) His lies (see reasons for war)
and the fact he just looks so dam sneaky with those little beady eyes.

--------------------
er

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2259001 - 01/21/04 05:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Neutral"

You shouldn't HATE anyone. That's the problem with many libbies on this site, they hate the man rather than the philosophy when those rational thinkers dislike the philosophy and not the man behind it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: Help me to hate/love Bush. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2259092 - 01/21/04 07:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I understand very well of what you speak. I have personally addressed this question and have come to my conclusions. Is it essence or existance that defines or seperates a character from his environment?

The idea of love/hate is to set a dipole of opinion. Both words are used far too often in very varying degrees to have any consensual understanding.

That is why I ask for links and info to his character and policy, so that I may discern who/what he realy is.

Is he a puppet for others or a driving force of his own ideals.

Provide me with information, not lectures in semantics, perpindicular reasoning to my argument, and generalizations.

Let us proceed forward with knowledge and understanding.

WTF do I know anyway. I appreciate your thought, but want to make sure the conversation is directed to towards its intended point.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2259111 - 01/21/04 07:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

That is why I ask for links and info to his character and policy, so that I may discern who/what he realy is.

how can you judge someone's character by a link or web site? Policy maybe (tangible), but none of us here know his character personally (untangible) and any sites you find will be opinion (which is perfectly fine). There will be just as many that LOVE him as those that HATE him.

Quote:

that would be an opinion

Quote:

Provide me with information, not lectures in semantics, perpindicular reasoning to my argument, and generalizations.

the point i'm trying to make is why base your "feelings" on someone with opinions and unprovable (except policy information) informatiom? make up your own mind.

Quote:

Let us proceed forward with knowledge and understanding.

are you trying to be zen?

Quote:

WTF do I know anyway. I appreciate your thought, but want to make sure the conversation is directed to towards its intended point.

the point that you don't want individual thought?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2259250 - 01/21/04 09:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

visit the john kerry thread..if you really want to read an outpouring of pro-bush sewerage...anyway..while the democratic candidates might have many faults..it makes very little sense how bush could be a lesser evil to either of them (with the possible exception of lieberman)...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Help me to hate/love Bush. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2259313 - 01/21/04 09:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

if you really want to read an outpouring of pro-bush sewerage

where did you see pro-bush sewage? I thought it was pretty anti-bush which is fine. If you were referring to my posts i was merely pointing out the reality of the political situation. A majority of americans support Bush (according to the polls, if ya believe them). I'm not saying i'm in that boat but many are.

Quote:

it makes very little sense how bush could be a lesser evil to either of them

that's up for debate which i'll hold until the Libbies pick a candidate.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2259365 - 01/21/04 10:22 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

A majority of americans support Bush (according to the polls, if ya believe them).

the latest poll puts bush's approval at only 49%..hardly a majority..but bill clinton (and abraham lincoln) won with only 43% of the vote...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Anonymous

#2259379 - 01/21/04 10:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the latest poll puts bush's approval at only 49%..hardly a majority

i don't want to nitpick, or to seem as though i'm rushing to bush's defense, but this really is a silly statement. 49% isn't "hardly" a majority. it's actually pretty damn close. hell, a poll showing 49% may actually be the result of a majority. who conducted the poll? how was the question phrased? did they round up or down to get the 49%? what is the margin of error for this poll?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2259380 - 01/21/04 10:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the latest poll puts bush's approval at only 49%

looks more like the mid-50's but i'm splitting hairs.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2261308 - 01/21/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You speak like a politician yourself, never answering the question and offering debate for completely unrelated issues in order to distract from the question at hand...or maybe just because you can't address the question at hand in a knowledgable manner.

Quote:

how can you judge someone's character by a link or web site? Policy maybe (tangible), but none of us here know his character personally (untangible) and any sites you find will be opinion (which is perfectly fine). There will be just as many that LOVE him as those that HATE him.

I can judge his character according to the information I find regarding him. I originally asked for "...links to information that either support or refute his goodness."...information...not opinions is what I seek. I will draw my own opinion based on the information I find.

Quote:

Quote:

that would be an opinion

And your point? That is more of a question with incorrect punctuation on my behalf.

Quote:

the point i'm trying to make is why base your "feelings" on someone with opinions and unprovable (except policy information) informatiom? make up your own mind.

Who said I was looking for opinions and unprovable information? From my first post, "I want links to information that either support or refute his goodness."

I have made up my own mind to a degree. My mind is never really made up, it is open to new ideas and knowledge. I am trying to increase my knowledge regarding this subject.

Quote:

are you trying to be zen?

No, I am trying to get rid of what you are doing here. You've made two long posts with absolutely no information in them related to my question. But I do hear that Zen can be good for my soul. As I understand it, the point of Zen is to increase ones intuition through meditation. I am trying to increase my knowledge through study....I really do not see how the two are very closely related.

Quote:

the point that you don't want individual thought?

You obvioulsy, through your posts in this thread, have very little idea of what you are talking about or who you are talking about.

I request that you restrain from dumping your fluff in my thread.

I invite you to re-read the first post and to post in response to the question. If you have any information regarding Bush's policy, that would be a start and would also be appreciated.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Loc: Holland
    #2261508 - 01/21/04 10:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Have you read The USA PATRIOT Act I & II?

here is a link:

http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/usapatriot/

peace

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2262122 - 01/22/04 05:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You speak like a politician yourself, never answering the question and offering debate for completely unrelated issues in order to distract from the question at hand...or maybe just because you can't address the question at hand in a knowledgable manner.

what the hell are you talking aboot? I answered your question with "neutral" I'm sorry that you're dissappointed that some may find it pathetic that you would need others to tell you how to feel, feel free to continue. Next time you might want to use a forum where people will not question your almighty requests.

Quote:

I can judge his character according to the information I find regarding him. I originally asked for "...links to information that either support or refute his goodness."...information...not opinions is what I seek. I will draw my own opinion based on the information I find.

you have every right to use this way of thinking, feel free. If you feel the need to use opinion to form your opinion, hey, who am i to stand in your way.

Quote:

And your point? That is more of a question with incorrect punctuation on my behalf

I wasn't commenting on your punctuation but i can assure you that there is no site out there that will confirm if he's a puppet or not without opinion.

you're a typical can't think for myself kind of guy which seems to be a trend in this forum. Feel free to continue while i comment on it....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2262922 - 01/22/04 01:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Are you blind? Can you not read? Take your fluff elsewhere!!! I have told you twice that I want information, not opinions.

Read very closely, if you don't undersatnd, then don't reply.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have every right to use this way of thinking, feel free. If you feel the need to use opinion to form your opinion, hey, who am i to stand in your way.

I am not one to follow popular ideas. I try my best to use accurate information to form my ideas. I am saying this explicitly, do you understand?....wait don't answer, no fluff is needed.

Again, just incase, you fell off the attention train a bit early, I requested this of you in my last post, "I request that you restrain from dumping your fluff in my thread.

I invite you to re-read the first post and to post in response to the question. If you have any information regarding Bush's policy, that would be a start and would also be appreciated."

Leave your nitpicking opinions out of my post.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2262967 - 01/22/04 02:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

wow, you sure are angry. I suggest you relax before you have a heart attack.

I answered your question originally with neutral and i stated that you CAN'T judge someones character by someone referring you to a web site and apparantly you don't like to have your holy word questioned. Look at his policies (if you have the ability to think for yourself) or just type in "BUSH" into your handy dandy search engine. I have no idea why your whining so much.

Quote:

"I request that you restrain from dumping your fluff in my thread.

and you actually thought i would listen to you eh? Fluff to you must be someone questioning your motives.

Quote:

Leave your nitpicking opinions out of my post.

My opinions will go wherever i want them to go, if you have a problem with that refer to the PM i replied to you with as to what you can do.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2264084 - 01/22/04 08:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I am angry. I am angry at your ignorance, your lack of attention to the matter at hand, and the lack of communication in general.

This is my thread, if I ask you to leave you should. Do you get off on being in places where you are not welcome?

I have made it obvious that you do not understand what I am asking for. You are not responding to my question for information, but instead to an idea. I told you that I understand what you are saying regarding opinions. I told you that is not what I am looking for, that I am looking for information. But yet you still pester.

I will have this thread locked as it is getting out of hand. I tried to stop this in my second post, however you seem to want me to bow to your opinion. I will... :shake:

I will rephrase my question in a different post. I will state that I don't want opinions. I will be more precise in what I ask for.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: Help me to hate/love Bush. [Re: carbonhoots]
    #2264099 - 01/22/04 09:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I will research all of the links provided.

I am sorry that things got out of hand.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2264921 - 01/23/04 04:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

This is my thread, if I ask you to leave you should.  Do you get off on being in places where you are not welcome?

this is a public forum, get over yourself.

Quote:

however you seem to want me to bow to your opinion. 

i'm not asking you to bow to anything, i was mereley stating a fact ***edited by Rono*** (Inny you know better than to flame here), :thumbup:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Rono (01/24/04 11:04 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder