Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Shroomery bonus coupon...
    #2258136 - 01/21/04 12:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If someplace or someone has too many instances of questionable morals or outright deception, do you believe that the place or person is fundamentally tainted?

Usually once something gets big enough it invariably becomes tainted. Is the Shroomery tainted? Has the Shroomery been weakened in any way? I love the Shroomery, but is it in need of repair? Serious replies please this is not a bullshit question, let's think about it. :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: how "government" is this place? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2258180 - 01/21/04 01:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That is a pretty good question. I've been a member of quite a few different message board communities... the slow ones are pure but too slow, and the big ones move quickly but are loaded with idiots and assholes.

I must say the Shoomery doesn't fall into either of those categories. It's an enormous community, but it's fairly cohesive. I think it's a beautiful example of an internet community gone right. We have our issues from time to time but I am quite pleased with the dynamic we have going on.

Offlineillusions
peace not greed
    #2258240 - 01/21/04 01:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

there's a lot of people who come to the "spirituality and phylosophy" message board that don't know the least bit about either...
if you're gonna ask random pointless questions, go to the off topic board. that way, we can have a somewhat constructive message board.

--------------------
we were born into the world of nature.
when we die, we are born into the world of spirit.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: how "government" is this place? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2258256 - 01/21/04 01:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What you have said is true. But although the Shroomery has accomplished a seperate standing from the norm, I don't automatically believe that equates to the maximum which it is capable.

The Shroomery is, of course, an exeptional site. But all things corruptable shall likely be corrupted, and I am not convinced that we have not yet reached this point.

There have been too many administrative battles and other nonsense for me to trust this site with my life. And since my life is all I truly own, I can't trust much here at all now.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: how "government" is this place? [Re: illusions]
    #2258269 - 01/21/04 01:23 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

there's a lot of people who come to the "spirituality and phylosophy" message board that don't know the least bit about either...
if you're gonna ask random pointless questions, go to the off topic board. that way, we can have a somewhat constructive message board.

Please refrain from having the audacity to judge my thoughts so. We can indeed take my thoughts about you over to OTD.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2258271 - 01/21/04 01:23 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That's a pretty fair point, Lightningfractal... can you be more specific though? What do you think are corruptible attributes of the shroomery, and what are you afraid might happen? What's would satisfy you?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: how "government" is this place? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2258302 - 01/21/04 01:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

That's a pretty fair point, Lightningfractal... can you be more specific though? What do you think are corruptible attributes of the shroomery, and what are you afraid might happen? What's would satisfy you?

Sometimes the atmosphere is it's best witness. Those who have to place their finger upon an certain point of judgement have lost their ability to decern. I believe that more can be done to influence this place in truer directions.

That said, I step aside and let you be the judge. Things like these are as a smile on a dog. Did you see him smile? I did.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2258340 - 01/21/04 01:46 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder about this issue a lot. Not just from this board, or even the internet, but my friends, my job, everything. It seems when you build something up so much, you expect certain things, and when things dont follow the suit you are used to, it seems as though it has changed on you. Which it probably has, whether they are positive changes or not can be up to question.

For instance, a lot of people that used to be in S&P are gone, and it seems as though sometimes things in here can get aprehensive. The same with another board on this site as well, like i had a post that got locked, i didnt think it was necessary, and my perceptions changed a little bit.

But I like too much of this place to way it over the bad. IVe learned so much here, and met a lot of people. Its a nice place to be, and i hope it stays that way.

What has made this site go right should not be overlooked, it is important to remember these things when they get chaotic. Be open to change, but dont forget what you have done right. Its a matter of adapting to the change i think, whether we prove to respond to the demans, who knows. That is up to every individual to decide on there behalf, with the help of the admins of course  :wink: .

--------------------
What?

Anonymous

Re: Shroomery bonus coupon... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2258366 - 01/21/04 01:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: how "government" is this place? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2258401 - 01/21/04 02:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the flow of air you just provided! I could not have wished for more from a large leather bellows. I could actually see the intake and output of wind from your keystrokes as you typed your randomly keyed message!! Congratulations on your unique abilities!! Amazing!! Where may I order such a monkey?

Quote:

with the help of the admins of course

Now see, that's what I'm talking about man. Forget about what the so called "admin" is doing for a moment and consider what the Shroomery IS for you.

No need for you to extend your hand to wipe any asses, and I will assure you, yours shall not be wiped except BUT BY YOU!!!!

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Shroomery bonus coupon... [Re: ]
    #2258413 - 01/21/04 02:07 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I do not think it is wise to trust any website with "your life". I am not even sure I would trust my life to another person. Life is too valuable to be entrusted to another imo.

You're a clever guy though. I have to give you that. 

The thing is not to actually trust another with my life before first determining whether they could be trusted with it.

Maybe I'll always be disappointed, maybe not. But the real test is as such. Bless me or get my wrath. :tongue:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2258454 - 01/21/04 02:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2258516 - 01/21/04 02:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the very act of organizing changes something good into something that is flawed

...and perhaps truer words were never spoken.

May the organization however be loose like women!! May the Shroomery retain good enough intentions to make an angel hesitate!!!

--------------------

Anonymous

#2258566 - 01/21/04 02:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2258570 - 01/21/04 02:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Mushrooms said:

.  But I do not trust any organizations because the very act of organizing changes something good into something that is flawed.  At least that's the way I see it.

I couldn't agree more. That's a very anarchist statement my friend  :grin:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2258607 - 01/21/04 02:49 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'd rate you a five if I hadn't done so already.

Give 'em hell in OTD! 

I learned of OTD from here. I have done my time there, and now I believe I shall know this place once again for a while at least. So hit me with your best brain teaser!! :stoned:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2258619 - 01/21/04 02:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2258635 - 01/21/04 02:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Agreed my friend.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2258657 - 01/21/04 03:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I know I haven't been here long, but I haven't had any problems with the admin. actually they seem to be a respectful bunch of people. anytime I have had a question, they have replied to me, and with great haste, and to me that's all I can really ask from them.

all I've met here is friendly people, including the ones that aren't friendly. the only thing I hate seeing is bickering. I mean really, it's only A bulletin board, but not THE bulletin board. don't get me wrong, this place is fantastic! and most of us try to do our part to make this place cool to hang out. it's great to throw ideas across the world using this place, as well as it a great place to make people laugh. some people get a perspective of things for the day, or just say hi!

what am I getting at? there's too many good things going here on for me to even think about the bad.

so no I don't see any need for a change, I'll leave that to the admin. if I have an idea, I'll pm them, and let them decide.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2258670 - 01/21/04 03:09 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
Quote:

I'd rate you a five if I hadn't done so already.

Give 'em hell in OTD! 

I learned of OTD from here. I have done my time there, and now I believe I shall know this place once again for a while at least. So hit me with your best brain teaser!! :stoned:

Congratulations on making it out alive!  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology