Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoutaker
cack
Syringe Production Query
    #2257961 - 01/21/04 12:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, a friend has searched and read all of the syringe teks he could find. But since he's unexperienced, he wants to know the easiest way to make one.

A few questions:

1. He knows you sacrifice a cap for spores, but can you still keep the stem and dry it out for use?

2. Is it safe to assume that a plastic bag (sandwich bag or something similar) is sterile enough to put spores in (or the cap that's releasing spores)?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Syringe Production Query [Re: outaker]
    #2257976 - 01/21/04 12:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

He knows you sacrifice a cap for spores

nothing wrong with the caps after you use them for prints. the spores fall off the cap, and onto whats below, after you have what u want, you can do whatever u feel like with the left over cap.

-2. ...
yea a ziplock bag WOULD work, but i think its a better idea to put the cap on a peice of wax paper or aluminium foil, then put glad press'n'seal over that. or just fold it up a bunch to prevent your spore print from getting contam spores/bacteria.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Anonymous

Re: Syringe Production Query [Re: amyloid]
    #2257991 - 01/21/04 12:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^^^ what he said

Offlineoutaker
cack
    #2260324 - 01/21/04 05:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, can someone elaborate more on making a print and syringe?

Thanks.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2260351 - 01/21/04 06:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinefungulus

#2260403 - 01/21/04 06:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Making a print is easy. You don't need to be super sterile. Just use tin foil, a glass, and a small nail. Sterilize all materials with alcohol then use the nail (oh, ya, you need a clean cutting instrument to cut off the cap, obviously) to pierce the top of the cap. Pierce it right in the center so it will stand up easily. Quickly place it onto the foil and place the glass on top. Wait at least 24 hrs. I also use a sterilized coin to prop up the glass to allow some air transfer so that your spores can dry quicker. The cap will protect the spores as that is what nature designed it to do. Once printed, fold the foil up well and do not make a crease in the print. You can then store it in a ziplock bag in a cool dry place indefinitly. As for making a syringe, what I do is make a spore solution. I happen to have a few small vial like glass containers with plastic lids that I use for storing budz and bee polen, etc. I made a small hole in the top of the plastic lid with a 1/16 inch drill bit. I put tap water into the alcohol sterilized vial and clean the plastic cap with alcohol as well. Then I tape up the hole in the cap and place it in the microwave for a few minutes on high until the water has boiled for a while. I put the hot vial into a ziplock bag to keep dust off of it while it cools. Once cool to the touch, I wipe it down with alcohol, sterilize a knife and get out my spore print. I then (in a clean kitchen) open the spore print and the vial (on top of my Hepa filter which blows air out the top, which I like because nothing bad ie. mold spores etc. can fall in the vial) scrape off half the print into the vial. I am very quick to do this. I then let the spore solution sit for at least 24 hrs. to let the spores re-hydrate. Then when I am ready to innoculate jars, I can take a sterile syringe and draw as much solution as I need through the small hole in the vail, making sure to shake up and down not spinning the solution to distribute spores, other wise they will stick by the billions to the sides. I have had 100% success with this method. All contamination I experience is from unsterile conditions or procedures. It is very simple to make prints and syringes and once you do it a few times you will come up with your own personal style.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation