Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I've seen it posted that cakes which have been contaminated (in this case a cake which developed a patch of sour rot that was later overtaken by mycelium) often won't fruit and if they do you're not supposed to eat the mushrooms just in case. Well, a question arises:
Do they not fruit because the bacteria damaged the mycelium somehow, or because that bacteria might still be present in the fully colonized cake? I ask because I have a PF cake like this and I'm thinking shredding it to make corncob spawn.