Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next > | Last >
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24008175 - 01/13/17 07:59 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Yeah the Palestinians need to just pick themselves up by the bootstraps.

Rebuild your house after it gets mortared twice as fast.
Smuggle medical supplies for a family member even sneakier.
Build a hospital out of rubble and mud.

:rofl2:

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
The capitalist fairytale about poor people being lazy and rich people being hard working doesnt even fly in the US. Trying to apply it to a literal apartheid state is laughable.

:awesomenod:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24009645 - 01/14/17 11:57 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
You have to understand that people are a product of their environments. You cant just flip a switch and expect every single circumstance in these people's lives to be different. Their attitude is only one piece of the puzzle.

Everything you're saying is true.  It's complicated.  Problem is, without much better leadership it will not get better and will most likely get worse.  You absolutely have to start with leadership.  Give the Palestinians any kind of two state solution deal with the current leadership will not work.  Period.  No way, no how.  They'll sabotage themselves. 

The switch you need to flip is to get some dynamic leaders (probably assigned by the UN and not home grown) that are a lot more interested in economic growth, education and the building of the country than fighting Israel, trying to gain control of Jerusalem and infecting the nation with the disease of aggressive Islam.  Get secular education in there and that would help a lot.

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:The capitalist fairytale about poor people being lazy and rich people being hard working doesnt even fly in the US. Trying to apply it to a literal apartheid state is laughable.

I agree with you here too.  It has nothing to do with capitalism ... it has to do with getting a secular government in there with some leadership that's disinterested in the ridiculous Islamic governing system and isn't interested in picking fights with Israel but is, instead, interested in attracting investment.

Until that happens, you've got a victim, charity dependent state led by fanatics.

--------------------
"The universe is endless, limitless and infinite.  Any effort to define it's boundaries is an attempt to overcome ignorance.  We are physical, mental and spiritual beings ... there is no beginning and there is no end.  There is only memory.  Our repeated loss of memory experiences create the illusion of beginnings and ends.  Immortality is the ability to retain full memory through all consciousness transformations.  Loss of memory is man's greatest curse and, in very real terms, death."

-- Ancient Taoist Master

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: KauaiOrca]
    #24009681 - 01/14/17 12:16 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I'm all for secularism, its the only way this conflict will end. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

#24009695 - 01/14/17 12:24 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
I'm all for secularism, its the only way this conflict will end. :thumbup:

It's an easy choice, all things considered, for the Pali's to make but the leadership that has a gravy train going with handouts will not let go.  They need a take it or leave it aid package.  You get a lot of help in exchange for secular government, secular education, disarming for 10 years and acknowledging Israel and allowing a peace keeping force to root out the fanatics.

Or, you get nothing but more misery but no more western taxpayer funded aid.

--------------------
"The universe is endless, limitless and infinite.  Any effort to define it's boundaries is an attempt to overcome ignorance.  We are physical, mental and spiritual beings ... there is no beginning and there is no end.  There is only memory.  Our repeated loss of memory experiences create the illusion of beginnings and ends.  Immortality is the ability to retain full memory through all consciousness transformations.  Loss of memory is man's greatest curse and, in very real terms, death."

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Edited by KauaiOrca (01/14/17 12:25 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: KauaiOrca]
    #24010864 - 01/14/17 09:15 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Israel seems emboldened enough to go into Syria at this point, with missiles. nice. go...world.

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24011364 - 01/15/17 06:53 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Israel seems emboldened enough to go into Syria at this point, with missiles. nice. go...world.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Israel will attack Syria.  None.

Your statement is as honest as me saying ... Egypt seems emboldened enough to invade Libya or Mexico seems emboldened enough to go into Guatamala.  Or Canada seems emboldened enough to go after Alaska.

It's nonsense.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: KauaiOrca] * 1
    #24011677 - 01/15/17 09:53 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I think Akira was referring to the missiles that hit Mezzah airport on thursday

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Syria-to-UN-Israel-launched-missile-attack-has-conspired-in-civil-war-478367
Quote:

Syrian state television quoted the army as saying several rockets were fired from an area near Lake Tiberias (Lake Kinneret) in northern Israel just after midnight which landed in the compound of the airbase, used by President Bashar Assad's elite Republican Guards.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Syrian-army-claims-Israel-is-responsible-for-aerial-attack-on-airport-near-Damascus-478337
Quote:

Damascus airport was also hit by air strikes in 2013. Israel neither confirms nor denies involvement in striking targets inside Syria, with the IDF declining to comment on the reported aerial attack.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineTipote
petty crook and transvestite
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK/France/US
    #24011706 - 01/15/17 10:02 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KauaiOrca said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

Your statement is as honest as me saying ... Egypt seems emboldened enough to invade Libya or Mexico seems emboldened enough to go into Guatamala.  Or Canada seems emboldened enough to go after Alaska.

It's nonsense.

they've bombed Syria a bunch over the last 6 years. Are you disputing this?

--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: Tipote]
    #24011772 - 01/15/17 10:19 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:
Quote:

KauaiOrca said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:

It's nonsense.

they've bombed Syria a bunch over the last 6 years. Are you disputing this?

Maybe I interpreted his post wrong, thought he was suggesting Israel was going to invade and try and take land from Syria and claim it for Israel?

Lots of countries have dropped bombs in Syria ... USA, Turkey, Russia, England, France, Jordan and by association with our "coalition" as Obama likes to call it, 30+ more.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Male User Gallery

#24011926 - 01/15/17 11:17 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I was reading Joshua and Judges the other day.  People think that the ME is a shitstorm today,  but shit was brutal back in the days.

Edit:  just to clarify the relevance of this comment, KO's post got me thinking about the differences in the borders between modern Israel and the territory controlled by the tribes during Joshua's time

--------------------

Edited by ballsalsa (01/15/17 11:20 AM)

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

#24012199 - 01/15/17 01:09 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KauaiOrca said:
Maybe I interpreted his post wrong, thought he was suggesting Israel was going to invade and try and take land from Syria and claim it for Israel?

Israel already took to Golan Heights :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: Tipote]
    #24012313 - 01/15/17 02:18 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:
Quote:

KauaiOrca said:

Israel already took to Golan Heights :shrug:

That was 50 years ago, right? 

Is there any convincing evidence that Israel is preparing for some kind of military offensive or invasion to take new land from Syria?

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Male User Gallery

#24012346 - 01/15/17 02:39 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

i don't think that anybody said there was.

--------------------

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24012420 - 01/15/17 03:21 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
i don't think that anybody said there was.

"Israel seems emboldened enough to go into Israel at this point..."

... was the quote I was reacting to.  I interpreted that as as an assertion that "go into" was an invasion, but perhaps I was wrong.  It would certainly be an odd way to phrase it if he wasn't implying a ground invasion of some sort.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Male User Gallery

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #24012439 - 01/15/17 03:28 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Israel seems emboldened enough to go into Syria at this point, with missiles. nice.
go...world.

--------------------

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24012486 - 01/15/17 03:51 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

In 2017, most likely, if you "go in" with an invasion, missiles are part of the deal.  If you're saying that statement doesn't imply some kind of invasion, I'll take your word for it. 

What's the big deal, really, right now about missiles in Syria?  It's a war torn country with at least 10 countries actively fighting in some way there ... Israel has an active border with Syria so they have a lot more skin in the game than the US or Russia and others.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

Male User Gallery

#24012665 - 01/15/17 05:17 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

to be clear, i haven't expressed an opinion about the alleged bombing.  I was simply attempting to clarify what i believe akira's point  to have been.  Maybe i was wrong , but i doubt it.  We'll just have to wait for him to explain.

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #24012925 - 01/15/17 07:28 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Luckily, Israel now has a friend again in the U.S.

***fuck Palestine

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: hostileuniverse] * 3
    #24012929 - 01/15/17 07:28 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

can't you have something to say that isn't vomit worthy?

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: thoughts/opinions/ramblings on Boycott Divestment and Sanctions on Israel [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #24013928 - 01/16/17 07:44 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

you know the answer to that.

just put him on ignore.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next > | Last >

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder