Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | Next > | Last >
OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #25652734 - 12/02/18 03:39 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mush 4 Brains said:
I wish everyone the best of luck.  Im struggling myself, I have 1 month clean.  Wouldve been 2 if it weren't for one slip up.  Got a blood test and my liver enzymes were a little high, not surprised.  I can still smell myself detoxing in my sweat and shit.  Its a strange odor that I can tell is just not right, but its fading every day.

Id be thankful for any advice on vitamins/supplements to take

i think milkthistle really helped save my liver when i was drinking, ginseng is supposed to be good as well as dandelion tea.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 1
    #25654228 - 12/03/18 10:31 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

B-vitamins....lots of B-12. Folic Acid will help.

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: MoeMentim]
    #25655345 - 12/03/18 06:26 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MoeMentim said:
hi,i'm new here.  struggling with alcohol.  i've been sober in aa for years at a time before but i just can't seem to connect or enjoy meetings where i live now.  kinda feel like i can't really be a part since i'm not wanting to quit cannabis. i just had my second ketamine injection for depression/bipolar.  it's really been a miracle so far.  now i just need to drop the booze.  easier said than done though.

Tell those numb nut cunts weed is your higher power.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: TheFakeSunRa] * 3
    #25663304 - 12/07/18 08:09 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Got my 90 day keytag like 2-3 days ago.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Enjoywho]
    #25663415 - 12/07/18 09:27 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Bumholio]
    #25663604 - 12/07/18 11:36 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Congratulations Enjoywho that's 90 one day at a times.:awesomenod:

--------------------

Albert Einstein

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#25663635 - 12/07/18 11:52 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Got my 90 day keytag like 2-3 days ago.

:highfive:

Nice going dude.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

OfflineMoeMentim
Stranger
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25699711 - 12/24/18 08:40 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

going to a meeting today.  really been overdoing it, drinking every hour i'm not working or sleeping.  really hating myself right now.  christmas eve dinner at sisters place then christmas at the folks should keep me from drinking for 2 days/nights, maybe it'll be a new start, hoping.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: MoeMentim]
    #25701010 - 12/24/18 08:11 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MoeMentim said:
going to a meeting today.  really been overdoing it, drinking every hour i'm not working or sleeping.  really hating myself right now.  christmas eve dinner at sisters place then christmas at the folks should keep me from drinking for 2 days/nights, maybe it'll be a new start, hoping.

I hope it goes well.

Insomnia with racing thoughts (often of dread) is enough to drive a person insane.

Though these all-important supplements have been touched upon:

* Vit B-12
* Milk Thistle

....I would add in some 5HTP to raise serotonin to help combat the 'lows'.

For many years now, I've stood by this multivit for general well being and what's more it can obliterate negative effects of alcohol the following day to a point that's quite unbelievable:

It's been available in powder form for some time now, so you don't have to worry about swallowing huge pills.

It's an ideal pick-me-up if you're going through the lows after an extended drink. :thumbup:

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #25701071 - 12/24/18 08:49 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

In addition to b vitamins my doc perscribed me folic acid (which I just got off the vitamin shelf, no script needed) and a good adult male (for me) multivitamin.  I would also second the 5htp along with L theanine and melatonin to help calm the nerves and help with sleep.  You can find it all in one suppliment capsule or buy them separate and mix your own.  My doc said to just keep on taking it even after I’m back on track.

For those dread moments, having a background in bad trip management is very beneficial.  Just breathe, acknowledge nothing is going heywire, just meditate and fall back into your head.  It’ll eventually fade and looking back it will be clear it was all your body signals going nuts. 

At this point I’ve had enough moments being hella poisioned I took a ‘photo’ of while that was happening.  Now if I ever get an urge to drink I hold up the ‘photos’ I mentally took and compare the three, sober, drunk, poisioned and dieing.  So far the sober headspace has won out everytime.  But with those very intentional memories, I don’t forget how shitty I make it when I’m drinking and fall back into the cycle (so far).

Just get mad at it, in your thoughts see it as the enemy.  You never walk up to or take anything from the enemy.  No touch, no talk, no eye contact...:thumbup:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineOzzyOz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhereland
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Amanita86]
    #25701186 - 12/24/18 10:02 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

hey guys just checking in!
this thread is great!
I have 19 months sober off alcohol, marijuana and crystal meth.

i have tripped on mushrooms and LSD during this time though for spiritual reasons. Does this mean I still have 17 months of sobriety in AA? My Drugs of choice were crystal meth and alcohol

Edited by OzzyOz (12/25/18 12:34 PM)

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: OzzyOz]
    #25701324 - 12/24/18 11:46 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I third 5htp I've been using it for a few months and I find it lifts my mood, I've even come of my SSRI.

Quote:

Amanita86 said:

At this point I’ve had enough moments being hella poisioned I took a ‘photo’ of while that was happening.  Now if I ever get an urge to drink I hold up the ‘photos’ I mentally took and compare the three, sober, drunk, poisioned and dieing.  So far the sober headspace has won out everytime. 

:whathesaid:dang, this!! Fuck I never want to go through what I went through in my darkest hours again and the memories of literally 20 empty vodka bottles laying about the house at any one time and the puke and rubbish every where definitely helps keeps me sober. Oh and the smell off me from not washing for a week or more, oh fuck!!! That will stay with me for ever.

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
Just get mad at it, in your thoughts see it as the enemy.  You never walk up to or take anything from the enemy.  No touch, no talk, no eye contact...:thumbup:

I love this:fistbump:

Quote:

OzzyOz said:
I have 17 months sober off alcohol, marijuana and crystal meth

:fuckyeah:you got this man!!

I hope everyone has a good Christmas and if you're struggling at all just remember we're all here with you fighting the same fight.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineOzzyOz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhereland
    #25707482 - 12/28/18 10:50 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OzzyOz said:
I have 17 months sober off alcohol, marijuana and crystal meth

:fuckyeah:you got this man!!

I hope everyone has a good Christmas and if you're struggling at all just remember we're all here with you fighting the same fight.

Right on!
If anyone needs any support, feel free to message me! The holidays can be rough for us folks in recovery.... they don't have to be neccesairly

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: OzzyOz]
    #25721310 - 01/03/19 04:15 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

My home group had some kind of internal feud during the organizational meetings (I forgot what they’re called) and two of the members who happen to be the two who played the biggest role in my early sobriety and one is like my semi-sponsor I guess since I don’t have a formal sponsor but anyway those two split off and are going to another group

The group they switched to is much farther from my home and it’s much bigger

Now my home group doesn’t have my favorite members

The core that are left are kind of incestuous if you know what I mean

They’re so rigid and orthodox to what they think the program should be it feels like they need to focus more on the third tradition

The crux of it is I feel like my home group has changed so much it doesn’t really feel like I have a home group anymore

I was going to PM Thay about this but decided to just put it in a post

I can either stick with my home group that never seems to circulate new blood - never manages to reach the alcoholic who still suffers - or pick another group

I guess I’ll shop around but proximity really matters to me as well

This is getting kind of rambling but I wish I were doing something to help people who are newly sober

I mean I think at two and half years I’m sort of at that point and it would help my sobriety but I’ve kind of gone lone wolf about it

Not really bothering with the steps besides the first step and even that is vague to me

No shit I think I’m still on step one lol

But staying sober is no joke

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#25722598 - 01/04/19 10:31 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I've been pretty busy but I still check in here on occasion. I feel ya FSR and I wish you would call me if you ever need to just talk....that goes for anyone on here that is struggling....Just :pm: me and I'll give you my number.

FSR...what happened with your group happens to ALL groups over time....usually, that is how new groups are formed...almost always because of personality conflicts. There have been so many through the years at my group that It makes my head spin. I fired my first sponsor for leaving the group and starting another over a squabble...wished him well but couldn't join him.

The answer is to be the change that you want your group to have. I don't agree with all of your thoughts and ways of following the program but, hey, it's working for you and maybe someone will be able to connect with you because of it. I have loved and hated and loved my home group through the years....guess what? It burned down Christmas morning because some knucklehead decided to light a fire in a 200 yr. old fireplace downstairs. The church is letting us use the pastors house for now but it won't be the same without that knotty pine paneling that I walked into way back when....the nicotine faded steps and traditions blinds hanging on the walls....I had my first "Spiritual experience" in that place and many afterwards.

FSR, those old guys that spout the message verbatim  are just as important as you are. You have achieved some continued sobriety and have a message that can help others....don't forget, that is what this whole thing is all about.....staying sober by helping others = spirituality.:sunny::peace:

--------------------

Albert Einstein

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25722923 - 01/04/19 01:18 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

those old guys that spout the message verbatim  are just as important as you are.

No doubt. They’re the ones that do all the behind the scenes stuff that make the meetings possible. All I do is show up and toss a buck in the basket.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#25731740 - 01/08/19 02:06 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

4 months on the 5th.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25731820 - 01/08/19 02:45 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Rock the fuck on man, how you feeling?

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #25732650 - 01/08/19 08:39 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I quit on the 4th of January. I'm like 4 days in lol

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Patlal]
    #25733599 - 01/09/19 10:20 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

How are you feeling Pat? How much were you drinking when you stopped? Are you trying it on your own?

--------------------

Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals