Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
tripping and university education
    #2255764 - 01/20/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hi
I am a student of math and computer science right now and I have the feeling that when used correctly hallucinogens (mushrooms and salvia are the ones i use sometimes, and they have changed my personality very positively) may greatly aid the learning process. They may help me find out what i really like and what topic to choose for PhD, they may make math and programming more fun( i mean NOT solving problems during the trip, but changes in myself that will improve overall my learning strategies), they may aid my creativity, because some areas of math and computer science may also be like art(like Artificial Intelligence, my favorite course right now). I know some friends of mine who take energy-boosting drugs before exams to study for entire weeks, but that is completely different from my idea of drug-enhanced academic life. I hope there are other students in this forum that have tried to improve acadamically using mushrooms(i wonder about salvia too) and I am looking forward to all answers and advice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: tripping and university education [Re: gotmagog]
    #2255797 - 01/20/04 12:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well im in a university

and lets just say i would have (and should have) totally failed my chemistry class last semester had LSD not explained it all to me. 

It was one of the weirdest things ever
Instead of an F, i ended up pulling a B.

i swear to God

:smile:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: tripping and university education [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2255823 - 01/20/04 01:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

And people say its such a bad thing......

goddamn drug propaganda

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2256062 - 01/20/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps approach some Chaos Theory, Quantum Mechanics or other theoretical approaches that you've not quite connected with previously.
Look at them while tripping.
You may see angles you've not seen before.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinenfshroomer
NewfoundlandShroomer

Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland
Re: tripping and university education [Re: valour]
    #2256233 - 01/20/04 03:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I did an undergrad in physics, and I agree somewhat... hallucinogens open up a new set of thought processes, for sure, and for the more abstract stuff, these thought processes can definitely help. I think about things differently since I started tripping on a more regular basis, and this new outlook has definitely helped me to get into the physics.

Theoretical physics is a regular topic of conversation when stoned, as well. :smile:

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: tripping and university education [Re: nfshroomer]
    #2256773 - 01/20/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yea, tripping and physics go real well together
at least for me :smile:

theoretical physics is crazy to think about when your tripping hard
but even simpler more common stuff like mechanics is interesting.

When im tripping, trying to understand what makes a pen fall to the floor blows my mind.

Invisible forces!!! :ooo:

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2257050 - 01/20/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Tripping lets me connect ideas that I previously couldn't integrate. That helps me out a lot in college.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: tripping and university education [Re: Noviseer]
    #2257096 - 01/20/04 08:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

tripping gives new angles and insights. i say GO FOR IT, but be prepared to take a deep look at your current route in life and motivations, these things may be touched by your experience...they always are for me at least.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

#2257198 - 01/20/04 08:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm majoring in English with an emphasis on philosophy. There's no way I'd be were I am and doing what I'm doing without mushrooms, and the horizons seem to be continually expanding.

Offlinemaggot
its just a ride
Loc: London ON, Canada
Re: tripping and university education [Re: HATU]
    #2257935 - 01/20/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

some psychologist should measure the amount of the brain used when tripping with a MRI scan or something. im sure its gonna be bigger than the usual 15-17% (dont know the exact %).
i've been reading trip reports of people who were tripping in school and they happened to have a test that day - all of them said that they didnt study and got A/B's.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: tripping and university education [Re: maggot]
    #2258005 - 01/21/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

lol, that's great

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2258283 - 01/21/04 01:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

maggot said:
i've been reading trip reports of people who were tripping in school and they happened to have a test that day - all of them said that they didnt study and got A/B's.

Back when i was in high school, i took acid a couple of times and had tests. It was kind of wierd,i thought i was going to be the last one done and thought i was going to never finish, and i was always the first one done. My brain was in lightening fast mode. I did good on the tests too. But dammnnnn it sucks to take tests when your tripping.

--------------------

Offline003
mr. getSome

Loc: Kanata
    #2258855 - 01/21/04 04:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Just to add to this thread... Hallucinogens and Law School don't mix.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: tripping and university education [Re: 003]
    #2258893 - 01/21/04 04:43 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am a filmmaker. Mushrooms introduced be to abstract thought. Film is an abstract artform. I don't think I would have understood the relationship a person has to a film if it were not for altering my perception.! bwaha!

:nut:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2261176 - 01/21/04 11:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i don't know you, so i don't know how you interpret what you learn when you trip. just be careful to remember that even tripping, you might be wrong. at least, i had a hard time accepting when i was wrong when i was tripping. so much i went on some really bad trips. but that's all good and dandy now (not relly, but whatever). mushrooms and salvia might be great and all, but what you see is your subconcious interpretation of what the drug is showing you, and then you can analyze it further. and you can always be wrong. i guess that's the main point i'm trying to emphasize. the only point really. oh yea, and it's okay to be wrong. i wish i had known that, lol.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: tripping and university education [Re: 003]
    #2265318 - 01/23/04 11:39 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

003 said:
Just to add to this thread... Hallucinogens and Law School don't mix.

hahahaha

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2265827 - 01/23/04 03:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i still think that the benefits tripping has had for my university education so far have been priceless

Edit: But then again...so are all the benefits i've gained from tripping :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Slipknot420 (01/23/04 03:30 PM)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2266937 - 01/23/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

maggot said:
some psychologist should measure the amount of the brain used when tripping with a MRI scan or something. im sure its gonna be bigger than the usual 15-17% (dont know the exact %).

I think they have, I believe the creative side, probably also other more specific areas, are 'lit' up meaning they have more activity going on.

Quote:

maggot said:

I dont agree with mixing tripping and school, especially tripping in school...which is why I only did it once :tongue: But strangely enough I thought I did very well on the test even tho I shouldn't have known the material. Everyone said they probably failed and since I was tripping I figured I was wrong and failed also. As it turns out I got a B (the highest grade in the class).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience