Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Light shocking jars?
    #2251472 - 01/18/04 09:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well this probably isn't 'advanced' per se but I just thought I'd toss the idea around and see what you shroomerites think. I've noticed that if I leave my jars in the open a week or so before they're fully colonized they seem to go into their fruting stage while in the jar. I THINK this because the mycellium bruises blue when I spawn with these jars whereas jars kept in the dark don't bruise. Maybe this is just a coincidence. But moving on, the benifit to this I think is quicker pinning times.

The last casing I made with a jar that had been 'light shocked' took 7 or 8 days from spawning to pinning!! This might not be impressive to some of you, but most of my previous casings took 2 - 3 weeks for the same process. It could be a coincidence but I'm wondering if anyone has noticed this themselves?

Sorry if I'm just realizing something that's already been widely known, but I haven't read anything like this myself yet.

Input anyone?

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Light shocking jars? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #2251489 - 01/18/04 09:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

maybe im not understanding you correctly but, yes its well known that light initiates pinning. although there are studies(ref TMC) that show 1 millisecond of 480nm wave length is sufficient for pinning.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Light shocking jars? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #2255086 - 01/20/04 03:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Expose to light from day one. There is no reason at all to ever have your mycelia in the dark. Darkness will only delay pinning.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Light shocking jars? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #2255924 - 01/20/04 11:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I feel the same way.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies