Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
serious panic attacks
    #2253671 - 01/19/04 05:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hey, lately ive been having some very serious panic attacks and extremely bad social anxiety. this is very unlike me, and i think heavy abuse of psychedelics might be to blame. i have never been even close to shy, or nervous in social settings my entire life. in my classes i am barely able to speak. my electrical engineering professor and my english professor have both taken me aside and asked me if i was ok.

i have quit using psychedelics for the time being, quit smoking pot and cut back severally on drinking to try and level myself out, but it has been close to 3 months with very little success.

anyways...i was wondering if any of you guys knew any good herbal remedies for panic attacks/social anxiety. i am far past trying to defeat this with will power, i feel like its enveloping my life, and i am very opposed to taking perscription medications.

thanks in advance for any help

~JSlice~

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: serious panic attacks [Re: angryjslice]
    #2253688 - 01/19/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Developing a meditation practice can work wonders.
It helps you stay centered and when the panic or fear comes you won't attach yourself to it. After awhile it won't come at all.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2253693 - 01/19/04 06:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Did you used to smoke alot of pot ??? It tends to give many people social anxiety and panic attacks, myself included.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: serious panic attacks [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2253833 - 01/19/04 06:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i smoked ALOT...all the time, but now i smoke rarely, if ever...maybe once a month. i was hoping the anxiety would lessen, but it has stayed.

heres another question ive got...is it possible to develop post traumatic stress disorder after an intensly extreme psychedelic situation?

as for meditation, id love to do it. i have a hard time making the connection though with solving panic problems with meditation. any idea what i should guide my meditation towards? i feel like i need to gain control of my adrenaline release to help myself, but i dont know where to start.

thanks again guys

still looking for some herbal help of some kind, i know nature can help me out, but i dont know where to look.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Offlinefungulus
    #2253878 - 01/19/04 07:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have had some experience with social anxiety disorder related to drug use, but no panic attacks. I feel for you because I know full well what a debilatating thing this can be. This can be physical or mental. The best advice I can give you is to meditate. But meditate on fear. What is it, why is it? In the end it is nothing and you must let it pass through you and simply acnowledge it. You will only be stronger when you come out the other side of this affliction.

Peace

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2254828 - 01/20/04 12:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Check out this thread I made about overcoming panic
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

It is possible to develop panic after an extremely bad trip. Specially if you were panicking at the time, thought you were going to die and felt like you had no control over the experience. If that is the case that you have PTSD, regular meditation will help you lots. It lowers your base level of arousal so an escalation will not as easily take you to panic. It also helps to talk to a counsellor experienced in dealing with PTSD because talking about a trauma desensitises you to the experience and helps you to put it in perspective. The anxiety associated with PTSD is related to fear of loss of control usually around issues related to the trauma and you can become overconcerned with personal safety. It can help to really question yourself about what you are afraid of and evaluate your thoughts, and try to come up with more rational thoughts to replace them. Unfortunately with PTSD it can take time to dissapear but have faith that it will.

Natural remedies you can use are anything that helps with anxiety eg. chamomile tea, evening primrose oil, valerian for sleep, St John's wart, vitamin B and C, massage, giving up caffeine and cigarettes, hot baths, exercise is also good. See Shroomism's Bach remedies sticky as well.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom