Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinefirstTIMER420
Born the son of a sharecropper..
Male User Gallery

Loc: US, maybe?
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Kalistis] * 1
    #22544873 - 11/19/15 12:15 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

interesting.

My new motto is if im going to slant it, I take at least two transfers from the plate, so if the transfer goes bad....  I also like making multiple slants from the same plate

I just want to get this tampanensis cleaned up, not sure how too though, ive been transferrig what looks clean:shrug:

I just have too many strains going 3 different strains of PE, Pink buffalo, 2 strains of pan cyan, treasure coast, tampanensis, Ape, Golden teacher, and maztapec, and its making me want to just up and quit.

It went from being fun to being a chore.

--------------------
12 34 http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22386794[/url]
--Anything posted by this account is completely fictitious--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: firstTIMER420] * 1
    #22544890 - 11/19/15 12:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fantastic Mr. Fox said:
Hey Mad!
What mexicana spp you got going there?
Aggressive!

I have no idea lol. I got the spores from nobody. I pm'd her asking for specifics haha. We shall see!

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleFantastic Mr. Fox
Grass Seed Connoisseur

Loc: Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mad Season] * 2
    #22544920 - 11/19/15 12:34 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Then it's probably Jalisco, :vibin:

P. Tampan on agar (PHA)

--------------------
Giving is all we have, for we're just grateful to be alive

:kratom:

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox] * 1
    #22544931 - 11/19/15 12:39 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

that looks good.  That's also what most of mine look like until they sit for a while.  Im going to leave them wrapped in the SAB this time and see if the same thing happens.  I thought parafilm acts as a barrier, could be wrong.

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: firstTIMER420] * 1
    #22545179 - 11/19/15 03:55 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

Offlinebigpeat
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #22545183 - 11/19/15 04:00 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the thread :smile:
So I have a question : I would love to be able to clone/reproduce the Hollandia Sclerotia strain (from amsterdam headshops) because I like them a lot and i'm quite sure it would be cheaper than buying spores. Is it even possible for a total newbie?

Thank you :smile: have a nice day

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: bigpeat] * 1
    #22545879 - 11/19/15 09:33 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I cased a qt of really old ATL7 spawn with coir in a 27qt mono. I found the spawn in the back of my closet and wasn't to conserved with how it turned out. So I just dumped on some loose coir strait from the bag and misted the shit out of it.

Abot a week later it started pinning.

It is contaminated with trich becaus I hydrated my coir with cold water. That's fine though. I found out what I wanted to know. ATL7 will fruit readily off of grains cased with just plain old coir.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Offlineguyute22
Ugly Pig

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: bigpeat] * 2
    #22545974 - 11/19/15 09:55 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bigpeat said:
Thanks for the thread :smile:
So I have a question : I would love to be able to clone/reproduce the Hollandia Sclerotia strain (from amsterdam headshops) because I like them a lot and i'm quite sure it would be cheaper than buying spores. Is it even possible for a total newbie?

Thank you :smile: have a nice day

yes super easy.

1st, search here how to make pasty plates.  make up a batch
2nd, build an SAB if you don't have one. another search here will help
3rd, in SAB, using sterile technique and a flamed scalpel, cut a fresh stone open and scoop out a piece.  drop that on a pasty plate.  close her up.  do all 8 pastys, i would anyway, but at least do 4.
4th, store pastys away and check on them in a few days.  monitor growth, toss any plates that look like that have contams.
5th, after it looks like they are going good make up another batch of pastys.  go into your SAB and cut away a small wedge from the cleanest, fastest growing areas of MYC.  I would do 8, but at least 4.
6th, let those plates grow to the edges.  Discard any that look like they may be contamed.  Use cleanest plates to inoculate grains using the stonesun or violet tek that can be found on this site.
7th, let jars grow for a few months
8th, empty jars, collect stones, spawn grain to a tub
9th, harvest fruits & more stone hopefully. 
10th, trip balls.:scrambled:

--------------------

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: MudaFuka] * 1
    #22547005 - 11/19/15 02:10 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

When you say it got because you did it with cold water, do you mean that literally the cold water was the problem? Or because you didn't use hot water so no sort of sterilization happened?

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: the_r3dz] * 1
    #22547139 - 11/19/15 02:43 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I generally case with coir that hasn't been pasteurized or sterilised. This makes it harder for mycelium to colonise and it functions better as a casing. However I usually hydrate it with verry hot tap water. My tap water comes out at around 165F. I don't let it stay hot for long so the coir doesn't get cooked but it does stay hot long enough to kill any mold or mold spores that may be present.

This time around I just used cold water to hydrate so no mold or mold spores were killed.

I know the contamination didn't come from my grain becaus the mold started on the surface of the casing.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: MudaFuka] * 1
    #22547175 - 11/19/15 02:50 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

That's pretty good to know, I haven't seen that done anywhere, pretty cool dude. Did you use the cold water as a test, or did you expect that result?

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: the_r3dz] * 1
    #22547813 - 11/19/15 05:02 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I was originally planning to just throw out the jar of old spawn after picking out the stones. Last minute I decided to fruit it and I figured I'd see if I could get away with using coir strait from the bag. Turns out I can't.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

#22548437 - 11/19/15 07:12 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well you got some fruits out of it, and you learned some pretty valuable info, I'd call it a win.

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Male User Gallery

#22549649 - 11/19/15 11:36 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
I cased a qt of really old ATL7 spawn with coir in a 27qt mono. I found the spawn in the back of my closet and wasn't to conserved with how it turned out. So I just dumped on some loose coir strait from the bag and misted the shit out of it.

Abot a week later it started pinning.

It is contaminated with trich becaus I hydrated my coir with cold water. That's fine though. I found out what I wanted to know. ATL7 will fruit readily off of grains cased with just plain old coir.

Dope dude, im afraid of using casing that's been sitting for a week.

--------------------

InvisibleFantastic Mr. Fox
Grass Seed Connoisseur

Loc: Flag
    #22549690 - 11/19/15 11:45 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I do it all the time, sometimes two weeks after pasteurizing.
The casing should be non-nutritious anyway which makes it less prone to contamination..esp. seeing that it should be sealed/tied in a bag anyhow.

Some ppl refrigerate they're sub/casing after pasteurization if they plan on keeping it around for awhile.
I've never had to, well atleast with casing material.

--------------------
Giving is all we have, for we're just grateful to be alive

:kratom:

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox] * 1
    #22549709 - 11/19/15 11:50 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

maybe that's the problem. I keep mine in the jars I pasteurize in, with some foil over the top.

--------------------

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox] * 2
    #22549730 - 11/19/15 11:59 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Thought I'd drop by and show off my favorite clone.

This sucker is my favorite and best ATL clone. THe picture is about a month and a half after a g2g.

This clone is more potent than my other ATL grows I've tried, and produces stones so quick. It had fully grown stones after a couple weeks from a g2g transfer. 15 grams of this clone is mindblowing and visual.

--------------------

OfflinefirstTIMER420
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Achillita] * 1
    #22549744 - 11/20/15 12:05 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Nice!

Im just getting into them and have yet to get a "clean" plate

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #22549843 - 11/20/15 12:54 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i'm charging my phone right now but will post pics in a bit

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #22553629 - 11/20/15 11:38 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Top jars (pan cyan. Jamaica) was inoculated 3 days ago. Mexicana under it was inoculated 4 days ago. Almost fully colonized :shocked:

This is 3 days old mexicana :O the same shit that went up the wall and onto the lid

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck