Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

trippin on mycelium
    #2253138 - 01/19/04 03:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

heh, i got a bit of a funny question here... how much colonized grain would i have to ingest to trip? haha thanks bunches.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: benjamin]
    #2253150 - 01/19/04 03:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

heh, i've heard reports the mycelium typically doesn't contain any active hallucinogens....the DEA did a little report with some of PF's syringes and grew them according to his tek...every jar they tested was negative for any hallucinogen...but then there's this other post talking about woodlovers on an MEA plate that has close to the same percentage per weight that cubes have. so i dont know.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: llamaboy]
    #2253636 - 01/19/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If mycellium contained no actives it would be legal like spores, right?

--------------------

Offlinellamaboy

Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: simplemachine]
    #2253651 - 01/19/04 05:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

not really...spores are legal for microscopy purposes only. to intentionally grow these spores into fruit bearing mycelium is illegal(in some states even spores are illegal, california is one and i believe that georgia is the other..but i'm not entirely sure about georgia). however, if there were no active alkaloids in them, it would be hard for the average police station to prove that you were growing psychotropic mushrooms...but some mycelium does produce hallucinogenic compounds...there was a post in the advanced forum from Anno stating the ps. cyanscens or ps. azurescens ( i forget wich one it was about) grown on a light MEA produce a percentage of alkaloids in the mycelium that are close to the percentage of alkaloids for the fruits of cubensis. when the DEA did there little study of PF's spores they found no alkaloids in the spore syringe it's self, and they also allowed it to grow via PF's tek. the resulting mycelium had no alkaloid content(any relevant alkaloids e.g. psylocin, psylocibin)

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2253660 - 01/19/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

llamaboy said:
the resulting mycelium had no alkaloid content(any relevant alkaloids e.g. psylocin, psylocibin)

I find that hard to belive, but the DEA wouldn't lie to us so it must be true.

--------------------

OfflinePandyCants
Doin' what I can
    #2253675 - 01/19/04 05:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

llama you're right about california and georgia, those are the 2

Offlinellamaboy

#2253676 - 01/19/04 05:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

heh, if anything i think they'd lie to say there was some sort of alkaloid content...even in the syringe...they'd been waiting to bring down PF for a long time...that's why they bought his syringe and grew it his style..they wanted to find something and bust him.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2253686 - 01/19/04 05:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

seems weird tho...

I've heard soooooo many stories about trippin on myc from p. cube. Even grown pf style. Well the debate rages on!

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2253725 - 01/19/04 06:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i find anything less then a fully colonized unfruited quart jar isnt worth the bad taste in my mouth. but a quart cake thats had a few flushes can give u about 3x as much... this is all non-scientific guessing. and every cake is differnt, along with every strain, and it all depends on the enviromental variables too....

and i read that study by the fbi, what a load of misinformation, i think they may have tested their mycellium while it was much too young, there is no doubt that there ARE psychoactives in spent cakes.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
    #2253732 - 01/19/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

donno if you should eat the grain -- unless you really want to --

try an extraction -- theres lots of alks in the mycelium.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlinellamaboy

Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: amyloid]
    #2253747 - 01/19/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes, in spent cakes...but he didnt' say that he grew mushies on this grain...it would just be colonized grain...nothingthat have ever fruited on it, at least that's what i gathered. of course a spent cake is going to active alkaloids in it...there are aborts on 'em...lost of little things. but i don't think you'd want to make a tea with an unfruited cake, cant imagine it being that strong, even it had fully matured without pinning.

there are so many mixed up reports about cakes and tea...some say it works, others say it doesnt...some say heat breaks down the active alkaloids...and some people say it barely effects them.

if you went through the trouble of making grain jar...might as well just grow it out, use it 'til it's spent, and then try to make a tea.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
    #2253817 - 01/19/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

there has to be plenty of actives in unfruited cubensis mycelium -- what do you think the bcarps are composed of?

without researching at all -- just from seeing a blued, unfruited cake -- that should tell you right there... the blueing is psilocybin/psilocylin oxidizing.

since there was no research in my post here -- cant say how much of what is there -- but it is there.. probably varies from strain to strain

as far as "the resulting mycelium had no alkaloid content(any relevant alkaloids e.g. psylocin, psylocibin)
"

phhht........

peace

--------------------

- USA -

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: plura16]
    #2253858 - 01/19/04 07:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah even my agar plates of p.cube will bruise blue sometimes, there is actives in myc. wether fruited or not but probably alot higher with spent cakes

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: John]
    #2254133 - 01/19/04 08:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I remember baby hitler posting an experiment similar to this topic,, a few months ago... late spring early summer.... well almost a year ago... I guess... ask him..

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: nofind_um]
    #2254172 - 01/19/04 08:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

if we all clap our hands and wish real hard, he might just show up and help us.... :grin:

--------------------

Offlinellamaboy

Re: trippin on mycelium [Re: John]
    #2254344 - 01/19/04 09:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i've never had an agar plate turn blue....well i don't really handle them. but when i cut a slice for culturing...still no bluing. and if there really was so much active alkaloid content...how come every single grain jar that's shook doesn't all of a sudden turn blue? i personally have never seeen a blue jar of grain...so must not be that much psilocin in there eh?

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2254631 - 01/19/04 10:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah it's probaby minimal but still enough for a possesion charge, my plates have never turned blue from cutting wedges either but when i keep the in the refridgrator sometimes they do

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds