Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Jazz grow
    #2251676 - 01/18/04 11:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey anyone ever heard anything about MUSIC and mushrooms???

Have there ever been experiments with commercial growers using music, to speed things up , or help the mushrooms in other ways????

Personally I play music to my plants, with my guitar and from the radio, do you think mushrooms respond to music??????

I KNOW PLANTS DO, and mycelium is like a plant. :confused: :mushroom2:

In the fruiting and incbation stage , could music help???

does anyone know????

After my odd question is disscussed I will slink back out of here as I dont belong in this forum. :tongue:

This is the best advanced question I had in mind at the moment.

sorry :smirk:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Jazz grow [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2251706 - 01/18/04 11:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I play phish to them all the time I dunno if it helps them grow but boy they like to groove to it

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Jazz grow [Re: fee]
    #2252130 - 01/19/04 05:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

play bethoven, it makes em smarter! :grin: :grin:

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2253260 - 01/19/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I KNOW PLANTS DO

ive read one study that a certain sound frequency increases plants ability to make energy. but it didnt seem like a reliable source. (do a search of shroomery, im pretty sure i got linked to it from here.) im interested in your observations / experiments with music and plants...

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
    #2253697 - 01/19/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i doubt music would helpyour mushrooms grow, and as for plants growing better from people playing music and talking to them; i have a feeling it's just cuz they spend so much time with their plants. how could you neglect a plant that you talk to everday?

OfflineParanoidSchizoid
Fun Guy With TheFungi
    #2254511 - 01/19/04 10:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything. I actually think it makes sense in a certain way. I read somewhere that a cat's purr emits a certain frequency (25,000 Hz??) that gives them an overall sense of well being or something to that effect.

--------------------
Growing conspiracy
Everyone's after me
Frayed ends of sanity
Hear them calling
Hear them calling me

Offlinellamaboy

Re: Jazz grow [Re: ParanoidSchizoid]
    #2254574 - 01/19/04 10:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

plants/fungi don't have a brain, how can they have a sense of well being? if you're a good gardner, you grow good plants; if you're a lousy gardner you don't get good plant. it's the same with mushies...just look out for them...give them what they want, and you'll have great mushies

OfflineParanoidSchizoid
Fun Guy With TheFungi
Re: Jazz grow [Re: llamaboy]
    #2254704 - 01/19/04 11:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was using cats as an example. I know plants/fungi don't have brains but they are made up of cells like every other organism and I think it just might be possible that certain waves of energy may stimulate the many processes that take place in the building blocks of life. Hell, anything is worth a try.

--------------------
Growing conspiracy
Everyone's after me
Frayed ends of sanity
Hear them calling
Hear them calling me

Offlinellamaboy

Re: Jazz grow [Re: ParanoidSchizoid]
    #2254725 - 01/19/04 11:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

be kinda cool if you found the resinance frequancy of water and played that to your plants...think they would blow?  sorta like a glass when it's hit with it's resanance frequency :smile: but on the whole...i think singing, playing music to your plants is on par with say magnetic braclets, or crystal necklaces... just a thought.

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
    #2254903 - 01/20/04 01:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Want to play the resonant frequency of water for your mushies?  Well then just toss them in the microwave and press START.  Microwave ovens are tuned to excite only water molecules, and thus generate heat.  (Remember that poor Gremlin from the movie?)  :shocked:

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2255979 - 01/20/04 12:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"but on the whole...i think singing, playing music to your plants is on par with say magnetic braclets, or crystal necklaces... just a thought."

Rubbing plants leaves has been PROVEN recently to increase fruit production and density, and music helping plants has been know about for years, its not "odd ball science".

Mushies , well thats anyones guess :smile:

--------------------

Offlinezbgeed
Journeyman
Loc: My Hideout
    #2257169 - 01/20/04 06:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the thing about people singing to their plants has to do with carbon dioxide. Thats what plants breathe and thats what you exhale. So when you talk to them(exhale CO2) it affects their growth in a positive way.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2258814 - 01/21/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

plants are also affected by our emotions and energy fields. try sitting in front of yer terrarium being happy for six hours a day.

--------------------

OfflineTheAfficianado
Heedless KarmicArtist

#2520728 - 04/03/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Dig,
I remember back in the seventies on that show "That's Incredible" where at a university lab, they had wired  two petri dishes of some kind of culture to measure the electomagnetic field being given off by the two distinct dishes.  They measured them in the beginning, then they gave one dish some nutrient rich liquid.  It is not a suprise the electromagnetic field changed on the plant that received the food.  But what was a trip is, despite being 18'' apart or so, the electromagnetic field of the culture THAT DID NOT RECEIVE THE FOOD ALSO CHANGED IN RECOGNITION THAT IT DID NOT GET THE FOOD. It changed in response to the electromagnetic field of the other culture.  So any changes in environment, even if not easily perceived by humans, can affect even the lowest life forms.  If you don't believe me, you can go yell at Fran Tarkington. Peace. The Drunken Afficianado

PS When they did extensive studies on what types of musics plants liked, they found even within the classicial genre, they only responded well to Bach and Mozart. They freaked on Stravinsky, Heavy Metal, and BeeBop. I head that from Katy Couric on the Today show.... yeah, I get ALL of my scientific knowledge from popular televison. Who knows what I'll learn from Cowboy BeeBop.... :yawn:

OfflineDerek
Re: Jazz grow [Re: TheAfficianado]
    #2566540 - 04/16/04 02:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think there was one episode were some rasta was using the inside of a plane's fuselage to grow shrooms. Then the main character picks a bag of shrooms the freak drops while running away. They then proceed to cook up the magic mushies without knowing what they are and everyone ends up tripping their balls off.

What cowboy beebop taught about science there, I don't know; but it does sort of hold some relevance to the forum? :confused:

OfflineTheAfficianado
Heedless KarmicArtist

Re: Jazz grow [Re: Derek]
    #2570154 - 04/17/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

CowBoy BeeBop "Mushroom Samba" on The Cartoon Network's Adult Swim at 12:30 AM and 3:30 AM on April 22.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix