Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Hemp [Re: Starter]
    #2255721 - 01/20/04 10:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I used to sell hemp products. There were no pure hemp t-shirts because they would have been too rough and not elastic enough. Some stuff was hemp blend. 30% hemp 70% cotton isn't too bad. Hemp's achilles heel is it's lack of resistance to abrasion. It has exceptional strength when it's new but it wears out quickly.

Hemp fiberboard is still hypothetical as nobody has made and tested it yet.

Hemp is legal in many many countries. Why hasn't it taken off as a supercrop in those countries yet?

Also don't forget what happens if you try to grow marijuana within several miles of a hemp feild?

Can anybody tell me what happens when you try to grow marijuana within several mles of acres and acres of pollen producing male Cannabis sativa plants that also produce no THC?

Can you guess what happens if you try to grow the seeds that result from a marijuana plant being pollenated by a zero THC hemp plant?

I don't understand why the government is resisting legalizing hemp. Seems like it would be a revolutionary new weapon against marijuana cultivation.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Hemp [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2256441 - 01/20/04 02:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well the T-shirt near my 'puter is 55% hemp, 45% cotton. I haven't found it rough to wear.

As for drug class Cannabis near hemp, it would seed and spoil a seedless crop.

The thing though, unlike in the US, hemp would drug class in Australia over time. That's how the sativa strains started in Australia as per the hemp plantations in the Hunter Valley. Sir Joseph Banks started the hemp colony of NSW and by the turn of the 19thC, it was a good smoke. Reason, UVb. Given the ozone hole of current times, it would be even more rapid.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Anonymous

Re: Hemp [Re: afoaf]
    #2256505 - 01/20/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the writer could have done a better job by not starting the article out with a description of a man's LSD-fueled vision of a hemp revolution that would save the world. that probably scared away anyone that may have still been interested after seeing what a long article it was going to be...

i have a feeling they're preaching to the choir here.

baby hitler... good comments.

hemp sounds like a good source of food, paper pulp, and fuel biomass. i have a pair of hemp socks and they are definitely inferior to cotton. i somehow doubt that hemp will save the planet. personally i don't ever want to play a hemp guitar or be a hemp carpenter. wood is good.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Hemp [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2260970 - 01/21/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

shhhh.....

good information.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies