Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin
    #22536745 - 11/17/15 10:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys, I'm planning on dropping some acid this weekend but I have also started on 100 mg of Wellbutrin at the beginning of this week. I know Wellbutrin is an NDRI and not an SSRI but will it affect my trip in any way (dimininishing it or any weird reactions)? I read on here that LSD has an affect on the D2 dopamine receptor, I don't know if this is true but would it cause a weaker trip?  I also plan to be smoking some marijuana during the trip, so is Wellbutrin known to interact in any way with LSD and weed?

I know some people don't think it's a good idea to be tripping while depressed but in my experience it helps me substantially. It would be great to know if anyone has any experience with these combinations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: Hurdy Gurdy Man]
    #22536801 - 11/17/15 10:30 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Ugh I haaaate WellButrin.

The psychedelic aspect of the trip will almost certainly not be affected by the Wellbutrin, no. But you might want to consider not taking that shitty ass drug anymore, dude.

I'm not against antidepressants, but NDRIs are the dumbest way to address "depression" imaginable.

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: morrowasted]
    #22537396 - 11/17/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I know, it sucks cause none of the antidepressants have done anything for me except one giving me a seizure. I agreed to at least try it, but from what I've read there's not many positives that can come from taking it.

You're sure the Wellbutrin won't affect the euphoria that I get while tripping?

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#22537588 - 11/17/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

No, I can't say that I am sure.

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

#22537699 - 11/17/15 01:42 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone have any experience with this combination?

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #22537971 - 11/17/15 02:50 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Ugh I haaaate WellButrin.

The psychedelic aspect of the trip will almost certainly not be affected by the Wellbutrin, no. But you might want to consider not taking that shitty ass drug anymore, dude.

I'm not against antidepressants, but NDRIs are the dumbest way to address "depression" imaginable.

Ru kidding me
SSRI's are dumb
this shit gets me pumped :thumbup:
also harder orgasms :feelsgoodman:

Enlighten me how a catecholamine won't help against "depression" :crazy2:

@OP yeah don't worry.

Edited by Beanhead (11/17/15 02:51 PM)

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: Beanhead]
    #22538324 - 11/17/15 04:46 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't LSD have some impact on the dopamine receptors? Wouldn't the NDRI have some impact on the trip?

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #22538353 - 11/17/15 04:53 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Careful with this I mixed a massive dose of mushrooms with Abilify and got this completely strange, long, numb trip and then I was depressed for about 6 months, I'm guessing from some kind of cell loss, from some nasty interaction or competition for receptors or idk I'm not a neuroscientist, but mixing pharma and psyches is not something I'm doing again.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #22538356 - 11/17/15 04:53 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Isnt welbutrine related to cathinones?

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: Apostle]
    #22538407 - 11/17/15 05:07 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I read that it's a substituted cathinone and substituted amphetamine. I'm not really sure what that means compared to something like adderall though...

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: Apostle]
    #22538425 - 11/17/15 05:13 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

not sure about lsd but I took a lot of 2c's when I was on wellbutrin

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #22538459 - 11/17/15 05:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

There shouldn't be much of any reaction, or if anything it may be diminished slightly.
Wellbutrin doesn't work on serotonin, which is the reason why SSRIs/stimulants + psychedelics = bad, because they both interact on serotonin in different ways.

Wellbutrin sucks tho.
Definitely don't do LSD with SSRIs

--------------------

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: Shroomism]
    #22538533 - 11/17/15 05:42 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Do you have any reason for why the effects could be diminished slightly?

Offlineolson
Stranger

#22538648 - 11/17/15 06:19 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure why people are bashing wellbutrin. It works for depression just as well as any SSRI with less side effects and like the SSRIs, it doesn't work for everyone of course.

To answer the OP, no it shouldn't affect the intensity of the trip but since you recently started on it, if you have any side effects they might become a lot more noticeable during the trip eg. insomnia or stimulation.

--------------------

Kinesin, a motor protein, shuttling a vesicle full of cargo
such as glucose or even neurotransmitters across a cell.
This little guy struts along the microtubule using ATP as fuel.

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: Shroomism]
    #22538750 - 11/17/15 06:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
There shouldn't be much of any reaction, or if anything it may be diminished slightly.
Wellbutrin doesn't work on serotonin, which is the reason why SSRIs/stimulants + psychedelics = bad, because they both interact on serotonin in different ways.

Wellbutrin sucks tho.
Definitely don't do LSD with SSRIs

this.

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: olson]
    #22538798 - 11/17/15 06:59 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to keep an eye on any side effects cause they might not be pleasant during a trip (I'll be doing 200 mics so it should be pretty strong). I'm giving Wellbutrin a shot cause all the seratonergic  antidepressants I've been prescribed have had pretty bad side effects like cymbalta which gave me a seizure by itself.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#22539071 - 11/17/15 07:52 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

olson said:
Not sure why people are bashing wellbutrin. It works for depression just as well as any SSRI with less side effects and like the SSRIs, it doesn't work for everyone of course.

To answer the OP, no it shouldn't affect the intensity of the trip but since you recently started on it, if you have any side effects they might become a lot more noticeable during the trip eg. insomnia or stimulation.

Less side effects my ass.

Wellbutrin makes me feel like I am coming down from cocaine or stimulants.

Releasing dopamine is a stupid way to treat ANY "disorder" in my opinion, be it ADHD or depression.

Even though I don't buy the monoamine deficiency model of depression, I think the newest generation of SNRI antidepressants (coupled with Turmeric, which replenishes neural stem tissue) is an excellent regimen for just about anyone who doesn't do A LOT of physical activity. They absolutely cause physical dependence, but they also accelerates learning and attention. Not only does serotonin agonism result in accelerated neurogenesis throughout the hippocampus/parahippocampus, but norepinephrine agonism results in a secondary increase in brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) release, a molecule crucially involved in establishing long-term potentiation of synapses. The side-effect profile of the newest generation of SNRI drugs is low and not even comparable to the side effect profiles of older generation SSRI-type drugs, which caused all sorts of problems like sexual dysfunction, anxiety and irritability, night sweats, etc. Taking SNRIs has improved my retention and attention and overall mental performance dramatically, and I never feel a "come up" or "come down" or any kind of strange strung-out feelings like I did with Wellbutrin

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: LSD + Marijuana + Wellbutrin [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #22540098 - 11/18/15 01:05 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

They absolutely cause dependence
uh no thanks but nice info tho:thumbup:

I guess I was born to live hard :rave:
& Bupropion doesn't release dopamine, I WISH, then it'd really be purrrrrfect

All i'm reading is "yo this medication didn't work for me, lolz you all suck why do you even take it"
"hi, i'm using this obscure medication after trying so many and it works for me, this is the holy grail!"

ahahahah cracks me up :lol:

Edited by Beanhead (11/18/15 01:11 AM)

Offlineolson
Stranger

#22540182 - 11/18/15 01:56 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

olson said:

Less side effects my ass.

Wellbutrin makes me feel like I am coming down from cocaine or stimulants.

Releasing dopamine is a stupid way to treat ANY "disorder" in my opinion, be it ADHD or depression.

Even though I don't buy the monoamine deficiency model of depression, I think the newest generation of SNRI antidepressants (coupled with Turmeric, which replenishes neural stem tissue) is an excellent regimen for just about anyone who doesn't do A LOT of physical activity. They absolutely cause physical dependence, but they also accelerates learning and attention. Not only does serotonin agonism result in accelerated neurogenesis throughout the hippocampus/parahippocampus, but norepinephrine agonism results in a secondary increase in brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) release, a molecule crucially involved in establishing long-term potentiation of synapses. The side-effect profile of the newest generation of SNRI drugs is low and not even comparable to the side effect profiles of older generation SSRI-type drugs, which caused all sorts of problems like sexual dysfunction, anxiety and irritability, night sweats, etc. Taking SNRIs has improved my retention and attention and overall mental performance dramatically, and I never feel a "come up" or "come down" or any kind of strange strung-out feelings like I did with Wellbutrin

Well it seems like you're speaking from your own experience. IT's been shown that the dopaminergic side of wellbutrin is far weaker than previously thought so it's effectively an NRI/ releasing agent.

As for the side effect profile, it lacks weight gain, somnolence, sexual dysfunction and its actually used to reverse these side effects in people taking SSRIs.

It's not for everyone but there are advantages of wellbutrin vs taking SSRIs depending on your depressive symptoms if fatigue and anhedionia are your main concerns.

--------------------

Kinesin, a motor protein, shuttling a vesicle full of cargo
such as glucose or even neurotransmitters across a cell.
This little guy struts along the microtubule using ATP as fuel.

OfflineHurdy Gurdy Man
Stranger

#22540980 - 11/18/15 09:11 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Like any drug, I think people react to antidepressants in different ways. The seratonergic ones seemed to give me more side effects. Effexor somewhat helped me be happier but still had side effects.

The main thing I'm concerned with is that Wellbutrin would weaken the trip and possibly cause agitation and uncomfortable stimulation. The LSD should either remain the same, be weakened, or potentiated. So which one of these is most likely to occur? Sorry I just don't want my trip to be impacted negatively.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract