Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineescens
sissyboy
Monster Azurescens * 1
    #2202397 - 12/26/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Here are some pictures of some massive Azures found by my buddy DankstaGangsta. I thought I would show these off for him. The 3rd picture is a bit dark but you can make out a couple monsters.

Enjoy!

pleezr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Monster Azurescens [Re: escens]
    #2202417 - 12/26/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

very nice finds!!  :thumbup:

maybe my memory has failed me, but didnt danksta get some large azures down at the gathering??  good work!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinediscomfort
peace to all
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land "O" Cyanescens
Re: Monster Azurescens [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2202881 - 12/26/03 08:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This is a mushroom I am having a hard time finding any info on, characteristics, habitat. Any help about this mushroom would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Looks like we are in mushroom country.

Peace
jon

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Monster Azurescens [Re: discomfort]
    #2202922 - 12/26/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

if you are having trouble finding descriptions, experiences or even cultivation information for you are not looking in the right place.

go to google and/or the forum search engine, type "Psilocybe azurescens" and if you can't find what you need, we must not be using the same internet.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #2203408 - 12/27/03 02:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

:nonono:
        No fair.....

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

InvisibleWheedhead!
Test subject #1

Loc: Area 51
    #2203425 - 12/27/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Beautifull, nice find  :thumbup:
I`d wish Azures were native to my part of the world. Guess ill have to groww em myself  :smirk:

--------------------
I just  :heart: The Shroomery

Monkeys might fly out of my butt

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. "
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Offlineescens
sissyboy
Re: Monster Azurescens [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2204230 - 12/27/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yes Psilygirl, he was at the gathering at Fort Canby.  I wish I could have made it.  These Azures were found last week.  With such an awesome find, my buddy decided to head down.....came back with a court date :tongue:

Offlineescens
sissyboy
    #2204262 - 12/27/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Here is a pictures of a friends latest hunt in Astoria. This is just under 30g dry.

Offlinefungulus
    #2253155 - 01/19/04 03:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Azures grow "Cespitose to regarios" (in clumps), "on deciduous wood chips and/or sandy soils rich in wood debris" (right on the grassline by the ocean/estuaries,etc.). "strong affection for dune grasses" "p. Azurescens causes the whitening of wood" "Fruitings begin in September and continue well after the first frost".

Cap: 3-10 cm broad, conic to convex. expanding to broadly convex and flattening with age (hence the name flying saucers) Of course has a seperable pellicule. chestnut to ochraceous brown to caramel color, often becoming pitted with blue or black zones from bruising. Flesh at center 3-6 mm thick, cottony and whitish before bruising.

Gills: Attachment ascending, sinate to adenate, brown, often staining indigo black where injured, close, with two tiers of lamellulae, motteled, edges whitish. Spore print dark purplish to purplish black in mass.

Stem: 90-200 mm long (up to 8 inches!) by 3-6 mm thick, silky white, dingy brown from the base or in age, hollow at maturity. Composed of twisted, cartilagenous, silky white fibrous tissue. Base of stem thickening downwards, often curved, and characterized by course white aerial tufts of mycelium, often with azure tones with dense silky white rhizomorphs that tenaciosly attach to wood chips or dead grass, strongly bruising upon disturbance. Veil white, cortinate, often leaving a fibrillose annular zone in the superior regions of the stem (the top). Taste: extremely bitter. Odor: none to slightly farinaceous.

You can tell I'm bored. That's from "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World by Paul Staments. If you don't know what any of those words mean, do not go hunting until you do. You can look up their meanings on the internet. There are plenty of pictures on this site. If you do find some (this late in the season) do not ingest them. Take spore prints and pictures of the area, the exact spot where found (before picking) pics of the shrooms before drying from all angles and verify with the experts here. DO NOT go and get yourself killed!

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #2256568 - 01/20/04 03:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

nice dude!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds