Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | Next > | Last >
OfflineHongosamongus
Stranger
Loc: Dry
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 1
    #27761676 - 05/03/22 04:53 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Looks like grey mold to me.

--------------------
I'm a stranger here myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hongosamongus] * 3
    #27761733 - 05/03/22 05:52 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Got a few nuggets off of a year old stone jar after sending the left over grain to bulk in some mini-tiwst-n-locs.  Also got a few fruits, but they were in tubs that started getting too hot in my garage.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #27761767 - 05/03/22 06:18 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

aye any of you fabulous freaks having success with stones have the capability to test your water pH? I wonder what all you guys have.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

InvisibleElf_on_a_Log
Elf

Loc: On a log
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: sandman420] * 2
    #27761813 - 05/03/22 06:52 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hobotechnology said:
Yo got some jars about to hit the 9-10 month mark.
Should i harvest befor they go bad or can i let them go longer?

Also got a tub from a 7 month old jar i tried fruiting, but the already BIG stones just got bigger! Will post pics in a couple of days.

You can leave them for longer if they still look good.  The only real cutoff point is if they start to dry out.

I've fruited with the stones in and out of the bulk sub.  It'll fruit either way, but fruiting seems to go better without stones tearing up the sub and using nutrients that could go toward fruits.  One of my current tubs looks like an earthquake hit it due to the stones and it's been a poor performer.

Quote:

sandman420 said:
aye any of you fabulous freaks having success with stones have the capability to test your water pH? I wonder what all you guys have.

Wish I still had all my aquarium supplies so I could do that.

--------------------
"I was strolling through the woods one day when I came upon an elf sitting on a log.  He offered me a strange-looking mushroom to eat.  As soon as I ate it, I realized that I was the elf on the log and that my human life had been but a dream."
- Elf_on_a_Log

LAGM 2.022 Grow Log

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: sandman420] * 2
    #27761991 - 05/03/22 08:42 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ReverendMyc said:
Quote:

Elf_on_a_Log said:
Quote:

ReverendMyc said:
Now I just make tea reductions for use in gummy candies with all of my stones. They give the gummies a bit of a mushroom flavor that the jello flavor doesn't quite mask, but never any nausea ime.

What's your method for making those?  I've been puzzling over how to do that with stones.  Do you boil them whole, or crush them up first?  Are they fresh or dry when you do it?  Do you put the material in some kind of filter bag like a tea bag?

Yes to all of that. lol. Actually I do a double reduction of fresh diced stones.

I have been chopping up the stones when they are fresh.

Bring to a hard boil in 2 cups of water and reduce to simmer for at least 40 minutes stirring occasionally and adding water if needed.
Strain using a brewers bag or cheese cloth setting liquid aside.
Return the remaining stone mash to the pan, add more water and boil and simmer again for 30 plus minutes.
Strain again.
Pitch the stone mash.
Combine both liquids in the pan and reduce to the required amount for the gummy recipe or to freeze for future use.

One word of warning. I have not been able to get a good calculation on strength. The first time I did this, I calculated an equivalent 0.5g dry cubes per gummy treat. They kicked my dumb ass to the curb eating what I had calculated as 6 half gram dose of gummys. The next time with similar amounts they were much weaker, but most of those stones had been frozen from fresh which may have been the culprit.
Still refining my process and testing.

I was just making some more tea from fresh stones when I realized the difference between the strong and weaker version so I wanted to correct my earlier response.

The difference is that after bringing the chopped stones to a boil in water I used a stick blender on the soup. I forgot that I did that the first time. Otherwise the rest is the same. If you don't have a stick blender, I would just put the stones in a blender with some water to make a thin, well blended slurry and then double boil that adding water as needed per above.

Quote:

sandman420 said:

Hey Sandman
I just tested my water using my Taylor Pool test kit. My tap comes in at 8.0 so it is somewhat basic. I think yours was a bit higher, but they will definitely produce stones and fruits at 8.0.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

OfflineMycoplex
Sporocarp
 Unread Journal

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 3
    #27762004 - 05/03/22 08:52 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mycoplex said:
Quote:

Adas said:
My CPX jar is forming tiny stones right after full colonization! I'm gonna send it to some good compost!

Adas, this is really awesome and unprecedented for me.  I haven't been able to get cpx to stone, especially not directly after full colonization. I've even left plates around for months and not seen it stone before. I knew you would be able to do some great work with this. 

I had a bit of an out of the box question as far as the species we normally talk about on this thread.  I know there is a dedicated thread for Panaeolus but I'm admittedly not very familiar with the thread and wanted to ask here if that is alright.

Is anyone familiar with species in the Panaeolus genus other than cinctulus producing sclerotia or pseudo-sclerotia?  Pan Cinctulus has been known to kick out "blue pearls" which are small, sand-like pseudo-sclerotia that can be bright azure blue, but is there evidence of other panaeolus species doing something similar?

I have a plate of Pan Cyan BVI which over time has started producing nodes that have turned a darker color within (covered with mycelium).  My first guess here is contam but this growth appears to have started after full colonization, it doesn't seem to be the case that this is some contam that the BVI has taken over.

Are these just malformed pins?  They appear to have a much darker color within.

Hey fellas, I hope it's cool to briefly follow-up on this since I brought it up earlier.

I opened this plate and used a scalpel and microscope to analyze what these formations were.  It turns out these are not mold.  When I cut them open, they were very tough, like the consistency of a gummy bear.

Cutting cross-sections of these formations showed these interesting "bits" that look translucent, like clear rubber or something with the same consistency.  I put them under a microscope and am showing the microscopy below. 

I was hoping these were some kind of pseudo-sclerotia but I realize I'm stretching it for what Panaeolus is known for?  However these formations appear to show some azure blue coloring on 40x magnification, check out the last pics.

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 2
    #27762293 - 05/04/22 01:49 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

That's cool! Idk what's going on there, but I definitely see blue in the last pic with the chopped up pieces. Pan stones would be crazy! I would clone a piece of that to see what happens if I saw that.

Here's the 4 transfers I took from the cosmo plates...

I took one of those from the green contam plate, not sure which exactly...but I liked it enough to open that plate and grab it. The two uncontaminated germ plates both have a good amount of color showing up, and have some spots that either look like they could be knots or the start of stones... idk we'll see. I used LME agar for these plates.

Offlineshuna
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: hummingbird] * 2
    #27762301 - 05/04/22 02:02 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

tap water pH 8.1 here, think its got chloramine in it. I don't treat it or leave for 24hours etc. good enough to get stones/fruits.

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 1
    #27762512 - 05/04/22 08:56 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mycoplex said:
Quote:

Adas said:
My CPX jar is forming tiny stones right after full colonization! I'm gonna send it to some good compost!

Adas, this is really awesome and unprecedented for me.  I haven't been able to get cpx to stone, especially not directly after full colonization. I've even left plates around for months and not seen it stone before. I knew you would be able to do some great work with this. 

I had a bit of an out of the box question as far as the species we normally talk about on this thread.  I know there is a dedicated thread for Panaeolus but I'm admittedly not very familiar with the thread and wanted to ask here if that is alright.

Is anyone familiar with species in the Panaeolus genus other than cinctulus producing sclerotia or pseudo-sclerotia?  Pan Cinctulus has been known to kick out "blue pearls" which are small, sand-like pseudo-sclerotia that can be bright azure blue, but is there evidence of other panaeolus species doing something similar?

I have a plate of Pan Cyan BVI which over time has started producing nodes that have turned a darker color within (covered with mycelium).  My first guess here is contam but this growth appears to have started after full colonization, it doesn't seem to be the case that this is some contam that the BVI has taken over.

Are these just malformed pins?  They appear to have a much darker color within.

That is very cool news then! I'm assuming they will destroy the bulk substrate with stone formations, like my old culture did recently, haha.

Pans definitely make pseudo-stones, or at least dense patches of mycelium sometimes. Many people have observed it at this point. Nothing worthy of harvesting as of now though.

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: sandman420] * 1
    #27762620 - 05/04/22 10:15 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman420 said:
You go gurls all my stone bags aint doing shit. I wonder if my water pH has anything to do with it. It's quite high at 9.4. Probably not but damn.

Damn Sandman, I just looked back to see that your ph is 9.4. That does seem like it is high enough to make a difference. I wonder if running a side by side with either bottled water or water treated with muriatic acid like pool water would produce results. Surely a few shoe boxes worth of trial would be informative. If you don't have pool chems handy, maybe ascorbic acid or distilled vinegar?

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Don't Panic

OfflineJXAllen
Cannalyst

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycoplex] * 2
    #27762735 - 05/04/22 12:03 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I have just started my stone producer journey, and so have no personal experience to share. But, I have a friend in Spain that does a lot of foraging and used to grow. He told me that Psilocybe Semilanceata can also produce sclerotia. Does anyone have experience of this?

--------------------
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Cultures I'm workin on

Edited by JXAllen (05/04/22 07:00 PM)

OfflineSagescruffy
CH
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: JXAllen] * 3
    #27763021 - 05/04/22 03:12 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Woah y’all are working on some cool stuff!

Here’s an update on my little cased grains

And now my bulk substrates that have a normal casing layer are starting to pin. These pins are definitely noticeably larger than the cased grain ones were at this stage in growth

--------------------
Love.

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Rent free in your head
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sagescruffy] * 2
    #27763103 - 05/04/22 04:13 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Those are just about the cutest things ever, tampanensis is already the prettiest species imo but those just bring it up a whole new level

--------------------
:pm:Ask me about free Ps tampanesis, Ps subtropicalis and Ps cubensis (ESS) prints:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sagescruffy] * 1
    #27763127 - 05/04/22 04:42 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Sagescruffy said:
Woah y’all are working on some cool stuff!

Here’s an update on my little cased grains

And now my bulk substrates that have a normal casing layer are starting to pin. These pins are definitely noticeably larger than the cased grain ones were at this stage in growth

:dancingshroom:

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: ModularMind]
    #27764453 - 05/05/22 01:49 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Hey errybody what's good?  Just received some Gandoli LC. 

Am I correct these are the same as tamps?

Rye grain okay to use?

What are ideal colonizing temps?

My house fluctuates between 70-90°F in the summer, basement stays around 50°F year round.

You guys ever bury spawn for yard fruits?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineSagescruffy
CH
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: ModularMind] * 1
    #27764458 - 05/05/22 01:52 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

The cased grain fruits are just about fully mature. If they’re printable they should be darkening up as their caps lift up. Would be a success to me if they can be printed

I picked the more mature one to eat it though. These are a bit tall and looking like they need just a little bit more fae

@namaste it would appear that yes galindoi is actually Tampanensis. My pic here is of galindoi/Tampanensis. Rye berries work great! That’s what I’m using and 70-90 for fruiting will work. I had a basement that would get very cool in the fall and winter and that’s where I stored my colonized jars. Stored there they would last over a year

--------------------
Love.

OfflineHongosamongus
Stranger
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sagescruffy]
    #27764511 - 05/05/22 02:21 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I'm a bit dense about these things but as I'm now just getting some fruits out of my tampenensis bins, I'm realizing that these are all coming from sclerotia that have bee allowed to "mature" outside of the restricted environment of the grain jars. Is it safe to say that with this species, big bins are a waste of time and perhaps the best way to grow these would be to simply either collect the stones and case them, rather than include all that dried up mycelia/grain that's left in the jars after the stones have gotten an inch or two in size? I'm still a bit confused as I've seen photos of bins with what appear to be a flush of this species, but also wondering if perhaps these are actually P. mexicana...I definitely have tamps, however.

What are the growing conditions needed to get P. mexicana to fruit, vs. tampanensis? I think that the commercial spore sellers are partially to blame for all of this confusion, as at least the ones I've dealt with have been fast and loose with the taxonomy - never mind the deprecated "galindoi" name...

--------------------

OfflineMycoplex
Sporocarp
 Unread Journal

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hongosamongus] * 1
    #27764537 - 05/05/22 02:43 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hongosamongus said:
I'm a bit dense about these things but as I'm now just getting some fruits out of my tampenensis bins, I'm realizing that these are all coming from sclerotia that have bee allowed to "mature" outside of the restricted environment of the grain jars. Is it safe to say that with this species, big bins are a waste of time and perhaps the best way to grow these would be to simply either collect the stones and case them, rather than include all that dried up mycelia/grain that's left in the jars after the stones have gotten an inch or two in size? I'm still a bit confused as I've seen photos of bins with what appear to be a flush of this species, but also wondering if perhaps these are actually P. mexicana...I definitely have tamps, however.

What are the growing conditions needed to get P. mexicana to fruit, vs. tampanensis? I think that the commercial spore sellers are partially to blame for all of this confusion, as at least the ones I've dealt with have been fast and loose with the taxonomy - never mind the deprecated "galindoi" name...

In growing tamps and jalisco side by side, what I found is that the jalisco demands a higher temperature for pinning and fruiting.  Both appear to have the same humidity and FAE requirements, but Jalisco did not pin for me until I put it in a hotter setting (close to 80 F), whereas I've found tamps can pin and fruit in the mid-70s just fine.

This is just anecdotal from my side, I'm also interested in learning more.

OfflineHongosamongus
Stranger
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hongosamongus]
    #27764541 - 05/05/22 02:45 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Which brings up a related question that I've asked a few times but received no response - this is directed primarily at any Dutch readers of this thread, but do the sclerotia of several species that are sold in the Netherlands fruit if given the correct conditions, or are these chosen for the their genetic propensity NOT to fruit? What species are actually grown there? Last time I was in Amsterdam, the ones being legally sold had all sorts of stupid local variety names but no species name attached to them.

--------------------

OfflineSirPsycho
Purple Belt in Google-Fu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Rent free in your head
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hongosamongus] * 7
    #27764591 - 05/05/22 03:10 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Ps mexicana, 2qrt dub tub, 2nd flush. Still way low on FAE and I doubt I'll get any prints but at least the weather is getting better so I can do the rest of my jars outdoors

--------------------
:pm:Ask me about free Ps tampanesis, Ps subtropicalis and Ps cubensis (ESS) prints:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 524 | 525 | 526 | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | Next > | Last >

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom