Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Impulse Sealer, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblec10h12n2o
becoming
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26864717 - 08/05/20 04:19 PM (1 month, 17 days ago)

Nice :smile: lookin good

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26865742 - 08/06/20 03:38 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

What is the best non-nutritious substrate to stick sclerotia in, to fruit the sclerotia best? Without them growing out and colonizing etc.

What I tried a very small amount now is a pasteurized soil/coir mix with added sand. I got mexicana sclerotia from a friend that had dried up and had been neglected sitting in some plastic container without any water for over a year.
I cleaned the stones, hydrated for a couple days in the fridge and buried them in that material and almost right away I got fruits popping out and up.

But I also got a bag of galindoi that I experimentally used straw / straw pellets and poo and other supplements for - it has grown for months but I see now there is a little mold contam on top after all this time.
Still waiting on the impulse sealer I ordered/reserved... I think sooner or later some bugs creep in there and contam shit.

So I wanna take the stones out and fruit them in the most hassle free way, but also just most effectively. I've fruited galindoi before by just putting sub in fridge for 1-2 weeks and casing it. That was in a shoebox tho and the results of that fruiting sucked.

Your thoughts n experiences? :smile: Also very interested in your rationale, for example about kind of freaking the sclerotia out so that they fruit out of panic to get out of there - if there are signs that they may get buried?
I don't think those small amounts of mexicana stones I mentioned even tried to scope the container with some exploratory myc, it seems kinda "desperate" that it would immediately fruit, but it does seem like the ideal effect.

Thanks very much.

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Solipsis]
    #26865931 - 08/06/20 09:36 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Coir is really the only non nutritious sub.

That’s interesting about old stones fruiting immediately, makes sense to get spores out ASAP now that conditions are good.

If you leave the tub alone I bet it colonizes. Id also be cloning the first shrooms.

So a while back I posted this tamp plate

I pulled the pin and dropped it straight to grain, and it colonized surprisingly quickly. I spawned it and let it go a few extra days more than normal before casing it. When I went to case it I noticed there were already a couple pins on the side of the sub. It ripped through the casing and I can also see stones forming on the sides so I’ve got some high hopes for this one. Should be pins any time.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (08/06/20 09:39 AM)

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26866147 - 08/06/20 12:22 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Thanks for your thoughts :smile:

I dont need the clone. This mexicana is the same as is used for (here) legal sclerotia and I already have the amazing isolate for this. For galindoi and tampanensis too... well galindoi being a tampanensis variety I guess xD

Idk if coir is the only non-nutritious material. Not for something remotely woodloving and besides, I think that is closedminded to other materials that might be used. Not to mention the apparently important role of sand but I'm not clear on that.
Anyway dont wanna be hard on ya.

Yeah does make sense to stress sclerotia to shit and then give them a good opportunity to fruit but not to eat from substrate. Or only hardly so.

OfflineGanja420Boy
Heroic Doser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Solipsis]
    #26866154 - 08/06/20 12:24 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Holly shit that's amazing for some old dried up neglected stones:hatsoff:

I'm really amazed by this ATL#7 I have going, since my last post every damn jar has exploded with stone growth.

I'm now in the motion for making my LC before I spawn these jars as I finally got coir bricks.

Is it best to make coir full field capacity or a bit under? I'm thinking full field since I've been reading they love water.

--------------------

....Synthesized love story or is it just a crazy dream....

OfflineHereigrow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #26866211 - 08/06/20 12:57 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Does anyone have a link to the grow that was talked about a while back? It was a guy who did I think mexicana in a 5gal bucket outside and got this fucking insane flush? Like unheard of edge to edge fruits. People talked about it here some pages back but I cannot find it for the life of me 🤦‍♂️

The reason is I'm wondering his substrate. If I remember he used something like 70% verm/20% manure/ 10% sand? I'm not positive maybe there was a small portion of coir in there as well. Well I've been thinking a lot about sub mixes like this for stone producers/mexican species. The main thing that got me thinking about it is my zapotecorum shoebox, people always say like 40-50 days to pins but then you see some get good fruiting in a couple weeks. I've heard they only fruit prolifically when they're running out of nutrients. So a low nutrient profile in your sub should induce faster fruiting. And also the high verm ratio with a bit of sand really makes sense when there mushrooms are mainly growing in rocky/sandy areas in spots with a nutrient dense organic matter. Idk I'm just spitballing here. I'd really like to compare what I'm thinking with that growlog. And regardless I'll be trying out a sub something like this soon. I've got lots of new mexican/stone producing psilocybes on grain atm.

--------------------

Invisiblec10h12n2o
becoming
 User Gallery

#26866590 - 08/06/20 04:17 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Coir is really the only non nutritious sub.

That’s interesting about old stones fruiting immediately, makes sense to get spores out ASAP now that conditions are good.

If you leave the tub alone I bet it colonizes. Id also be cloning the first shrooms.

So a while back I posted this tamp plate

I pulled the pin and dropped it straight to grain, and it colonized surprisingly quickly. I spawned it and let it go a few extra days more than normal before casing it. When I went to case it I noticed there were already a couple pins on the side of the sub. It ripped through the casing and I can also see stones forming on the sides so I’ve got some high hopes for this one. Should be pins any time.

Not completely non nutritious! Coir contributed the vast majority of the nutrition in this experiment i did:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26686858

Thats awesome, sounds like you have a good culture!! Did those genetics come from me? If so it came from a tamp culture that loves to fruit more than any ive ever seen. Got it off a stone clone weirdly enough

--------------------

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline345536345
Pan parent!
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Hereigrow]
    #26866608 - 08/06/20 04:26 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Just showing off the first outing of my new printing setup.  Saw these at a restaurant supply store.  Just a poly 1/3 food pan with a false bottom / drainer and a lid.  The false bottom provides space for a wet paper towel and provides a platform for the foil and caps.  The lid provides an airtight seal.  You can also stack false bottoms on top of each other to make a multi tier set up. This is a 4" pan but they also have 6" and 8" ones if you wanted a bunch of tiers. 

Pic of the false bottom

Edited by 345536345 (08/06/20 04:28 PM)

OfflineHereigrow
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: 345536345]
    #26866631 - 08/06/20 04:39 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Yeah that's kinda the same idea, but not the thread I was talking about. The guy spawned grain to like a 70% germ sub with a little sand/manure/coir I think if I remember right. And had some unheard of results. I think the sand/rocky verm plays a big roll as well

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26866650 - 08/06/20 04:47 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Your best bet is to use the search function like anybody else-- :goodluck:

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26866657 - 08/06/20 04:51 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I know the grow you’re talking about, it was probably 1.5-2 months back in this thread.

lol c10 I forgot about that did it go a third round??

If somebody knows another virtually non nutritious sub I’d love to know about it and give it a try.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
    #26866672 - 08/06/20 04:59 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:
What is the best non-nutritious substrate to stick sclerotia in, to fruit the sclerotia best? Without them growing out and colonizing etc.

What I tried a very small amount now is a pasteurized soil/coir mix with added sand. I got mexicana sclerotia from a friend that had dried up and had been neglected sitting in some plastic container without any water for over a year.
I cleaned the stones, hydrated for a couple days in the fridge and buried them in that material and almost right away I got fruits popping out and up.

But I also got a bag of galindoi that I experimentally used straw / straw pellets and poo and other supplements for - it has grown for months but I see now there is a little mold contam on top after all this time.
Still waiting on the impulse sealer I ordered/reserved... I think sooner or later some bugs creep in there and contam shit.

So I wanna take the stones out and fruit them in the most hassle free way, but also just most effectively. I've fruited galindoi before by just putting sub in fridge for 1-2 weeks and casing it. That was in a shoebox tho and the results of that fruiting sucked.

Your thoughts n experiences? :smile: Also very interested in your rationale, for example about kind of freaking the sclerotia out so that they fruit out of panic to get out of there - if there are signs that they may get buried?
I don't think those small amounts of mexicana stones I mentioned even tried to scope the container with some exploratory myc, it seems kinda "desperate" that it would immediately fruit, but it does seem like the ideal effect.

Thanks very much.

Hey Solipsis!  Interesting approach.  Might try straight verm. :shrug: 

Quote:

Hereigrow said:
Does anyone have a link to the grow that was talked about a while back? It was a guy who did I think mexicana in a 5gal bucket outside and got this fucking insane flush? Like unheard of edge to edge fruits. People talked about it here some pages back but I cannot find it for the life of me 🤦‍♂️

The reason is I'm wondering his substrate. If I remember he used something like 70% verm/20% manure/ 10% sand? I'm not positive maybe there was a small portion of coir in there as well. Well I've been thinking a lot about sub mixes like this for stone producers/mexican species. The main thing that got me thinking about it is my zapotecorum shoebox, people always say like 40-50 days to pins but then you see some get good fruiting in a couple weeks. I've heard they only fruit prolifically when they're running out of nutrients. So a low nutrient profile in your sub should induce faster fruiting. And also the high verm ratio with a bit of sand really makes sense when there mushrooms are mainly growing in rocky/sandy areas in spots with a nutrient dense organic matter. Idk I'm just spitballing here. I'd really like to compare what I'm thinking with that growlog. And regardless I'll be trying out a sub something like this soon. I've got lots of new mexican/stone producing psilocybes on grain atm.

I think you’re referring to bw86’s Jalisco grow...it’s linked in my sig.

Invisiblec10h12n2o
becoming
 User Gallery

#26866673 - 08/06/20 05:00 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

nah it only did 2 flushes, still watching it though!

I dont remember the post yall are talking about, maybe link/quote it?

If we are talking about truffles, i am no fan of eating verm or poop haha

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Invisiblec10h12n2o
becoming
 User Gallery

#26866681 - 08/06/20 05:06 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Ayyy mycolorado! Whats up buddy

Yeah i remember that one, wasnt it on paper pellets and stuff?

im confused by the idea of fruiting stones.. why not eat stones and fruit the leftover grain? Or spawn the stones with the grain?

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26866704 - 08/06/20 05:23 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I forgot to ask before, do you guys generally find the mushrooms to be twice as potent as cubes?

The only guy to try my tamps so far took 2g and said they seemed about the same as cubes. Although he also said the trip was much gentler so maybe that’s why. Reading through all the stone producer stuff I’ve seen people say equal to cubes up to 3x.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineHereigrow
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26866743 - 08/06/20 05:54 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Yes mycolorado, that's the one thank you! Seems like I was remembering the sub waaay wrong lol. 🤷‍♂️ still I want to try something like this.

--------------------

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#26866752 - 08/06/20 06:00 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Back when I fruited my atl7 I took 1.25 grams and had a fun time. It was about as potent as an average eighth of cubes, maybe a little less potent.

I remember watching my neighbor through my window as he worked on his car. It felt like I was peering through the glass of a zoo exhibit or something haha.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26866887 - 08/06/20 07:12 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I’m searching for tips on how to get a good flush of galindoi (var atl7). I made a post earlier asking about this and someone referred me to this thread..

Every tub I fruit turns out like this one. And this tub is from a clone of the best looking fruit from a previous grow. I always inoculate with clean agar wedges.. I even oven pasteurize my substrate, which is usually cvg (sometimes poo). My casings are peat/verm/lime. Temps 76ish. Light 12/12 ...idk
Any advice greatly appreciated

--------------------

OfflineB21
PeaceLoveShrooms

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: B21]
    #26866888 - 08/06/20 07:14 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Here’s pics for the thread tho

--------------------

Invisiblec10h12n2o
becoming
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26866907 - 08/06/20 07:25 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

perceived potency is weird. its all so subjective. there are so many factors involved. i think its silly af when people argue about it. 100 people can do the exact same dose of the exact same material and you will still see a huge range in how the potency is described

even actual active content is complicated:

#1 we have no real way to measure it, and even in a lab setting there is a HUGE range of results from testing samples. This is true in cannabis as well, where if you send the same sample to 3 labs you get 3 different THC %'s

#2 take cannabis, with actual measured active content. A 99% THC distillate should be more potent than a 66% THC rosin, right? but it isnt, and i dont know anyone who would say it is. Dab both, and the rosin will win out every time. maybe its the chemical structure of the actives being more bioavailable. maybe its the role of other less studied active compounds (entourage effect). maybe its the influence of non cannabinoid compounds like terpenes and flavinoids.

with mushrooms we know even less. we know of at least 3 compounds that often play a role in the effects, but there are probably many more, which will vary across species and variety/race. for instance, i have an amazon culture which will reliably produce an all-over body rash and bright, almost seizure like flashes of colors. something is waaay different about it, probably high in one of these less common, poorly studied compounds

that said, i find tamps/galindoi to be (subjectively) around 2x as strong as cubes but with far less body load (thus often described as "gentler" ). i have also noticed a big variation an perceived potency even from the same isolates. sometimes they are not much stronger than cubes, other times they knock your socks off. have heard things like "not all those things are the same man, i did my usual dose and it wrecked me" even off the same isolate, same harvest

out of people i know who have tried cubes and tamp/gal, many prefer the tamps/gal for its lower body load

Quote:

B21 said:
I’m searching for tips on how to get a good flush of galindoi (var atl7). I made a post earlier asking about this and someone referred me to this thread..

Every tub I fruit turns out like this one. And this tub is from a clone of the best looking fruit from a previous grow. I always inoculate with clean agar wedges.. I even oven pasteurize my substrate, which is usually cvg (sometimes poo). My casings are peat/verm/lime. Temps 76ish. Light 12/12 ...idk
Any advice greatly appreciated

how are you fruiting those? what kind of light,etc?  they look to me like they need way more light and FAE

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by c10h12n2o (08/06/20 07:27 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Impulse Sealer, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation