Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Dehydrator, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | Next >
InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a] * 1
    #26786507 - 06/27/20 06:50 AM (14 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:

I just had a random thought, has anybody fruited a tub then harvested the stones and spawned them again? Technically I should be able to mix these with coir and fruit them again right?

That's their exact role in nature-- but I don't know how well you'd do without any real nutrients like grain--

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

I trade Trichocereus seeds for exotic Spore prints!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26786518 - 06/27/20 06:55 AM (14 days, 1 hour ago)

You said yourself they're already regrowing myc, that'd be a really cool experiment. You could weigh it before and after

--------------------
:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:
:mushroom:                  :mushroom2:                :mushroom:
:mushroom:            :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:            :mushroom:
:mushroom:      :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:      :mushroom:
:mushroom::cookiemonster: BEHOLD :elmo::mushroom:
:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26786535 - 06/27/20 07:08 AM (14 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

coAsTal said:
Quote:

A.k.a said:

I just had a random thought, has anybody fruited a tub then harvested the stones and spawned them again? Technically I should be able to mix these with coir and fruit them again right?

That's their exact role in nature-- but I don't know how well you'd do without any real nutrients like grain--

That's a good point. It'd be interesting if the stones actually got smaller because they're shifting nutrients into the new fruits.

--------------------
:mushroom:      :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:      :mushroom:

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

Loc: Gaming the system
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: metaphoric]
    #26786684 - 06/27/20 08:31 AM (14 days, 7 minutes ago)

So I just got new batteries for my scale and I’m gonna guess I had around 140g in stones.

From atl7 germ plate one quart of spawn, spawned with no stones in the jar and about three weeks in the shoebox.

Now I gotta try them.

lol now I gotta try adding stones next time I spawn a shoebox of something else.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (06/27/20 08:34 AM)

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26786705 - 06/27/20 08:40 AM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

Eager to hear about their potency, how much are you planning to take?

--------------------

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: metaphoric]
    #26786772 - 06/27/20 09:05 AM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

I’m not sure, probably the equivalent of a gram of cubes. That’s my usual test dose.

I’ve got 40g of fresh smaller ones, the bigger ones are in the dehydrator. I hate shroom taste and stones sound gross too so I figured I’d keep the small ones and swallow them whole.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

#26786797 - 06/27/20 09:13 AM (13 days, 23 hours ago)

They're honestly not bad compared to cubes. Easiest way to eat them though is with a burger, just eat it so the mush never touches your tongue and you never taste it. I don't do any other method any more. BK is a lifesaver

--------------------

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
    #26786865 - 06/27/20 09:43 AM (13 days, 22 hours ago)

Eventually won’t it run out of nutrition enough to perform fruiting or stones. I don’t know though I guess it might be possible to get a second flush of stones.

--------------------
Trades list

To spend just one moment in eternity

Offlinespirit_shadow
Pass me the lazer beam
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #26787055 - 06/27/20 10:53 AM (13 days, 21 hours ago)

If anyone is curious, yes, you can grow stones and cubes in the same shoebox. I have ATL#7/rustywhite shoebox. It has big stones coming up thru the sub but wont fruit :frown: ....BUT the rusty's are fruiting so it IS possible to fruit cubes AND have stones. Oh, also, I did not case on purpose because I wanted to see what the myc would do :awehigh:

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OnlineTweeq
Plant Guy
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #26787285 - 06/27/20 12:24 PM (13 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
I’m not sure, probably the equivalent of a gram of cubes. That’s my usual test dose.

I’ve got 40g of fresh smaller ones, the bigger ones are in the dehydrator. I hate shroom taste and stones sound gross too so I figured I’d keep the small ones and swallow them whole.

Chewing them before swallowing will be much better than swallowing whole stones, not tastewise but in terms of tripping

--------------------
My Journal | Trade List

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tweeq]
    #26787310 - 06/27/20 12:36 PM (13 days, 20 hours ago)

I was wondering about that I figured I’d have to dice them. Now that I have a scale again these things are much heavier than I thought.

A dried one like the size of a peanut is .25.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinebauzer
Stranger
    #26787412 - 06/27/20 01:24 PM (13 days, 19 hours ago)

First time fruiting stones, I chose galindoi to work with a little over 9 months ago. spawned 6/12 cased 6/18. I definitely enjoy 270 day old stones! some of these fruits are like 9-11 inches long but the caps have yet to open for prints.

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: bauzer]
    #26790559 - 06/28/20 06:19 PM (12 days, 14 hours ago)

Are plate pins common??

Making me think there might be something to selecting white myc since there’s no sign of stones.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26790582 - 06/28/20 06:26 PM (12 days, 14 hours ago)

CLONE THAT!!!

:headbanger:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Pass me the lazer beam
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#26790742 - 06/28/20 07:21 PM (12 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Are plate pins common??

Making me think there might be something to selecting white myc since there’s no sign of stones.

You lucky lucky bastard :notsureif: lol

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26790858 - 06/28/20 08:14 PM (12 days, 12 hours ago)

lol the only reason I noticed it was I took a bunch of tamp clones from my tub and saw it when I added them to my stack of tamp plates.

Is it really that unusual? I know I’ve seen people with stones on plates but i can’t remember if I saw actual pins. I think having super low Rh must be good for plate pins cuz I get a ton of pans pins too.

That or I need to be wrapping plates tighter.

It’s weird there’s no knots either.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (06/28/20 08:15 PM)

Invisiblec10h12n2o
Literally Hitler
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
    #26791176 - 06/29/20 12:57 AM (12 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Ok so how’s it looking now? I had a couple abort again like with the atl7.

Also I was surprised how quickly these grew myc. Just filled a shoebox with water and toothbrushed them clean. Threw most in the dehydrator but saved some to try once I get batteries for my scale.

Are they getting enough light?

Usually mine stand up when they have enough lighy (and grow thinner)

As far as spawnin truffles i dont see a reason, just
harvest truffles when youre done fruiting. If you want to spawn something just make more grain. Then you get even more truffles and fruit, for the same amount of work as respawning truffles

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Are plate pins common??

If those are from my genetics, definitely. I see lots of plate pins from that iso. It even made pins in liquid culture.

Interesting observation:

I just realized the origin of that tamp isolate that fruits so prolifically and made the 9.8g 12"  fruits. My old notes say i cloned it from a stone, then transferred a few more timed and had an isolate

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by c10h12n2o (06/29/20 01:03 AM)

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26791535 - 06/29/20 07:33 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Well if they’re the prints I used I got a couple crazy long fat ones like your isolate.

They could probably use more light, they get indirect sun all day with direct maybe 3-4 hours in the afternoon. It’s so hot I had to put this sun shade screen over the outside of the window though so it’s a little dimmed.

I’m starting to think I’m just gonna have to wait for them to stop growing to know when they’re done. I’ve thought most of them were done or dying for a couple days now but they keep on going. Even with the super wavy caps. Looking at this picture there might be a couple smaller printable ones though.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

#26791577 - 06/29/20 08:03 AM (12 days, 36 minutes ago)

Conventional thinking on this site is that none of that extra growth (after the veil breaks) includes psychoactive compounds. At least for cubes. Do you guys buy into that logic?

--------------------

OnlineA.k.a
Stranger

#26791589 - 06/29/20 08:12 AM (12 days, 27 minutes ago)

I have no idea, I usually don’t let them open even. With cubes though I’ve rarely had significant growth after the caps open. A couple types have grown a little more but for the most part they seem to stay the same size and the cap just curls back.

With tamps I haven’t seen any obvious way to tell maturity like that yet. I thought the wavy caps meant they were done for like two days but now that’s obviously not right lol.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 319 | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Dehydrator, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation