Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | Next > | Last >
OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: ISO Serenity] * 1
    #26345698 - 11/25/19 09:59 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I dont like all the wet but maybe it's a bag thing, I use jars. Brown/yellow is normal, "piss" is not. Let it ride see what happens.

2nd flush psilocybe tampensis coming in. Sorry, fogger is running

A little look back

Edited by Grimsweeper (11/25/19 10:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26345769 - 11/25/19 10:37 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good grim:rockon: I have a bunch of Galindoi jars almost ready to spawn. Iv done tamps once in a shoebox but I’m planing on loading down my Jartha (JOC Martha) this time. Anyone know a good spawn to substrate ratio for stone producers?

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Loc: Standing on the moon
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: SFS96]
    #26345776 - 11/25/19 10:41 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

:hellyeah:

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Zero Nowhere]
    #26346017 - 11/26/19 04:17 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

SFS96 I've been running 1:1 they seem to like it.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

Edited by Grimsweeper (11/26/19 04:22 AM)

OfflineDJ_avocado
SardinoBambino
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawai'i, USA Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: ISO Serenity]
    #26347762 - 11/27/19 12:24 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

You making mac and cheese?

I just tossed a bag of ATL#7 with no stone growth. Another identical bag was producing plenty of stones, visible through bag.

Could contam be an issue? Maybe that's why no stones? Maybe try breaking up the grain and shaking a bit just to see if it bounces back like a healthy bag should?

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #26347844 - 11/27/19 03:27 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Hey people, could it be that galindoi mycelium is reaaaaally slow? I have a year and a half spore syringe that went straight on agar, cube mycelium is going at at least twice the speed.

I dont know wether i have some intertwined contaminations or simply the mycelium is too old (the syringe had germinated). Its been 3 days since t1 and only see aerial mycelium. The spore plate seemed to stall at out week 3 and then colonized a 5cm diameter plate...

Thank you!

--------------------
How would you rate the quality of my answer?

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sankhara] * 1
    #26348457 - 11/27/19 12:12 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

278 grams of Galindoi stones

This is from leftover grain spawned to coir, six weeks ago. They seem to grow way faster once in fc. Three months in the jars yielded about half of this haul that grew in only 6 weeks in a tub.

Way better :smile:

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tweeq]
    #26348526 - 11/27/19 12:43 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#26348901 - 11/27/19 03:35 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tweeq said:

This is from leftover grain spawned to coir, six weeks ago. They seem to grow way faster once in fc. Three months in the jars yielded about half of this haul that grew in only 6 weeks in a tub.

boom. the evidence is accumulating. great haul, tweeq.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #26351418 - 11/29/19 03:43 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
Quote:

Tweeq said:

@Jack What kind of spawn ratio do you usually work with with your Galindoi?

The above grow I estimate I did something like 1:1.5 That went reaaonably well.

Couple more things. I found out that the vendor from whom I cloned the original stone has worked on this 'strain', clone, what to call it so that it doesn't fruit. They get checked upon by the law and there can be no mushrooms at their company obviously. So it's a stone-only culture..

Last q: after harvesting stones out of the sub (after some 6-8 weeks in fc) would it make sense to flatten the leftover sub oit again, rewater and wait some more or are they done producing stones by then?

Stupidly I thought of this right after chucking the sub :smile:

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#26351518 - 11/29/19 06:40 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tweeq said:

@Jack What kind of spawn ratio do you usually work with with your Galindoi?

The above grow I estimate I did something like 1:1.5 That went reaaonably well.

Couple more things. I found out that the vendor from whom I cloned the original stone has worked on this 'strain', clone, what to call it so that it doesn't fruit. They get checked upon by the law and there can be no mushrooms at their company obviously. So it's a stone-only culture..

Last q: after harvesting stones out of the sub (after some 6-8 weeks in fc) would it make sense to flatten the leftover sub oit again, rewater and wait some more or are they done producing stones by then?

Stupidly I thought of this right after chucking the sub :smile:

interesting questions. first few trays were right around 1:1 or so. probably unadvisedly high. later trays never got any lower than about 1:2. i have a couple trays colonizing now that are probably about 1:2.5. although it's done by wildly imprecise volume measurements, so kinda useless to report.

that's fascinating about the culture being deliberately unfruitable. goddam legal nonsense.

my guess would be that trying to keep the sub making stones after harvest wouldn't be worth the time and space. ja ja, spacetime. might get some more stones, but it'd be like waiting on later flushes. after a while it's not worth it. although, if you had more spawn of the same variety, it's conceivable you could spawn it to the same sub, essentially feeding it. never heard of anyone doing that. if there's nothing better to do, try it one time for giggles.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #26351646 - 11/29/19 09:00 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Jack,

I may try that last suggestion. I'm tryong to find ways to grow stones a little more economically. Maybe I'll just let my next jars colonize to 100pct and then spawn to coir, instead of waiting for three months

Offlinekerberus
 User Gallery

#26356004 - 12/01/19 06:00 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
Quote:

Tweeq said:

This comparison is from a clone ATL#7, G2G to several 1 Liter jars these 2 were harvested 8 weeks later. The stones on the left from the jar left in the jar 97g.
The stones on the right, spawned to CVG 3:1 207g. The spawned stones as you can see were also a lot bigger and hardly any tiny stones that you always get from the stones left in the jar.

They didn't fruit probably because i only cased with the CVG, however i will be spawning all my stones in future just for size and yields.

I have several jars nearly fully colonized and will be spawning at different ratios and comparing yields and size of stones. Ill update when finished and hopefully get some fruits this time around.

Edited by kerberus (12/01/19 06:01 PM)

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: kerberus]
    #26356034 - 12/01/19 06:28 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Thats awesome kerberus! I will be following your lead.

I have a question to y'all! I have some galindoi con agar that was nocced from a germinated spore syringe that was almost 2 years old. I am seeing very slow growth on agar, but the culture appears clean.

I dont want to noc some big ass jars and go bulk because it would take ages.

How would you say is the best way to get fruits from small amounts  of spawn so that i can print and start with a fresh culture again?

Here are some pics of the plates (all my cultures look kinda translucent i assume is my "toasted" brf agar. Still very slow growth for a week compared to cubes that go twice as fast

Thanks!

Edited by Sankhara (12/01/19 06:31 PM)

Offlinekerberus
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Sankhara]
    #26356129 - 12/01/19 07:29 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Wrong person to ask about fruiting as i have been unsuccessful! I am sure someone will be along shortly to advise on that:wink:

However, if you want to get a fresh culture from a small amount of spawn you could let it do its thing in the jar and then clone a stone, this is what i did with my MS syringe.

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#26356177 - 12/01/19 08:02 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

not sure the age of the spores is relevant to the performance of the cultures on agar. not sure it isn't, but i'd be more surprised if it were.

but, if i wanted the fastest possible route to spore prints, i'd probably look to macmerdin style cakes. small volume, no shaking, no recovery, just colonize and fruit.

good stuff, kerberus. thanks for reporting.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.

InvisibleChanga Alchemist
Shwift sauce lifeguard
Male User Gallery

Loc: 90+% Rh
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: kerberus]
    #26356183 - 12/01/19 08:04 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kerberus said:
Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
Quote:

Tweeq said:

This comparison is from a clone ATL#7, G2G to several 1 Liter jars these 2 were harvested 8 weeks later. The stones on the left from the jar left in the jar 97g.
The stones on the right, spawned to CVG 3:1 207g. The spawned stones as you can see were also a lot bigger and hardly any tiny stones that you always get from the stones left in the jar.

They didn't fruit probably because i only cased with the CVG, however i will be spawning all my stones in future just for size and yields.

I have several jars nearly fully colonized and will be spawning at different ratios and comparing yields and size of stones. Ill update when finished and hopefully get some fruits this time around.

Been saying this for almost 3 years. Also, the tamps in my sig were just cased with cvg. Atl7 isnt always an amazing fruiter by reputation.

--------------------
:ganja::mushroom::mushroom::flyhigh:
:sporedrop:~~~:peyote::sanpedro:~~~:sporedrop:

:chugbeer:

Edited by Changa Alchemist (12/01/19 08:06 PM)

Offline345536345
Pan parent!
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Changa Alchemist]
    #26356235 - 12/01/19 08:42 PM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I currently have some ATL LC spinning on the stir plate and I'm looking to figure out the best way to go from here.  I'm looking to put to either a mono or shoeboxes in my GH.  The goal is trying out growing stones in a sub vs. jars as well as to see if I can get ATL to fruit (tough, I know...)

I was going to noc up a bag of substrate but wasn't sure if I needed rye or hpoo in there for some nutrition or if standard CVG would do it.  Thoughts / experience with LC > bags?

My second question is with jars I could just leave on a shelf for a few months.  With a mono do I need to keep that thing going for months for stones to grow while I try to fruit or is stone growth really that much faster that you don't need that much time?

I cut close to the original wedge b/c there were a number of high-reaching mycelial threads which I've read may be indicative of a better fruiter.  Was hard to photograph but see below. 

ATL sharing time with a PE I got going as well

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child

#26356612 - 12/02/19 03:25 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kerberus said:
However, if you want to get a fresh culture from a small amount of spawn you could let it do its thing in the jar and then clone a stone, this is what i did with my MS syringe.

Yeah that would be an option. The thing is that i would like to start with a culture with more vigor!

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
not sure the age of the spores is relevant to the performance of the cultures on agar. not sure it isn't, but i'd be more surprised if it were.

but, if i wanted the fastest possible route to spore prints, i'd probably look to macmerdin style cakes. small volume, no shaking, no recovery, just colonize and fruit.

good stuff, kerberus. thanks for reporting.

No! Its not about the age of the spores. The problem is those spores had germinated inside the syringe a long long time ago. That why i suspect the lack of vigor.

Thank you, i will look for those cakes then! Those cakes need a SGFC? Or can they be fruited inside of a jar or something?

--------------------

OfflineMacMerdin
Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: The Island of Misfit Toys
Trusted Cultivator
    #26356652 - 12/02/19 04:43 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

I use a SGFC but a martha would work as well.  Any way you can keep the humidity up while giving fresh air.

--------------------
MacMerdin's Simple Pan-Cakes

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate