Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZero Nowhere
Beer Drinker
Male

Loc: Standing on the moon
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: AlexSmitt]
    #25077651 - 03/20/18 12:45 PM (6 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

AlexSmitt said:
Happy spring my shroomery family. What a difference 1 month makes! I harvested a jar of tamps a month ago and got 20g, I know, that's some bs, right? Today, in honor of spring, I opened another jar that was inoculated 12/1 and 100% 12/31 and got 85g. Check it out

What's the best way to make tea with these? I read get 1/2 cup of water and boil it, turn the heat down and add them, stirring occasionally for 15 mins then pour the water in a cup and add another half cup of water to cool it. Should I do a second boil/simmer with that second half cup?

That's awesome bud.  I'm gonna get some tamps started soon. Did you do a stone tissue culture? 
  Burnout should make a tea tek!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Zero Nowhere]
    #25077756 - 03/20/18 01:35 PM (6 years, 10 days ago)

My GF tried a tea like tek with them and liked it (come up was a little much)
so I'm also seconding any stone tea teks.

I always ate my boomers so I have no experience even with cubensis teas and there are too many different teks out there.

STONE TEA for you and me

--------------------

Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ozarks
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: FishLevelMidnight]
    #25078034 - 03/20/18 03:40 PM (6 years, 10 days ago)

Here you guys go
Stone Temple Tea
*Acidify cold water with lemon juice to a pH of 5 (doesn't matter how much water, you can reduce if need be)
*Chop up desired amt of stones real fine
*Add stones to cold water, bring to boil
*Low boil (not simmer) for 30min, add raspberry green tea when 10 minutes remain.
*Strain, sweeten, and enjoy!

Any kind of tea could be used, but it's not "Stone Temple Tea" otherwise.

--------------------
Peace, pot and microdot!:mushroom2:
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List
https://psychedelia.space

OfflineDabadoodledoo710
Dab Connoisseur
Male

Loc: Zone 5b Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: 00Burnout]
    #25078120 - 03/20/18 04:15 PM (6 years, 10 days ago)

Skipping stones and going straight for fruits this time around. Shook at 30%, they formed tiny stones but they went right in the bags with the rest.

InvisibleAlexSmitt
Smitty Mushroomjagermanjenson

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Dabadoodledoo710] * 1
    #25078982 - 03/20/18 10:18 PM (6 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

00Burnout said:
Here you guys go
Stone Temple Tea
*Acidify cold water with lemon juice to a pH of 5 (doesn't matter how much water, you can reduce if need be)
*Chop up desired amt of stones real fine
*Add stones to cold water, bring to boil
*Low boil (not simmer) for 30min, add raspberry green tea when 10 minutes remain.
*Strain, sweeten, and enjoy!

Any kind of tea could be used, but it's not "Stone Temple Tea" otherwise.

Is this ok? I couldn't find raspberry green tea.

--------------------
:tardpig: it's only logical:spock:

Invisiblebacillus
Very Serious Mushronomer
Male

Loc: Central Europe
    #25079245 - 03/21/18 03:40 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Sigh... Fine, but should you refer to Stone Temple Tea, you must add an asterisk:

blah blah blah Stone Temple Tea* blah blah

* decaffeinated black tea was used instead of green tea in the original recipe.

--------------------
Mycelium on agarLet's trade

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: bacillus] * 2
    #25079508 - 03/21/18 08:25 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Any kind of tea is fine as long as it doesn't have caffeine lol. Imho, mixing psilocybin and caffeine is asking for trouble.

I used oolong with 39g once and ended up sitting in the bathroom convinced that my physical body was in the living room bleeding out. I used some ginger honey crystals once in place of tea with 40g and it was AWESOME!

While celestial seasonings is pretty good (been a favorite since I was 5 or 6 maybe younger), I recommend getting loose tea from your local health food store. It's a little more of a pain to use (I just throw a cups worth per person in the pot, instead of using my tea infuser spoons) but it's sooo worth it.

Remember, energy in=energy out, get ceremonial with it if you want. Smudge the house, have some cleansing incense burning, have some spiritual music playing (like drums, icaros, or whatever you like), speak intentions, dance, chant, be weird. Have a special spoon you stir with (I use a piece of caapi vine, but it's not in the brew long enough to release significant harmalas), have special cups for serving it in (I don't yet).

Believe it or not, the more shit like that you do, the better the trip is. I'd say it's all a mindset thing, but I've made tea for people before with and without all the extra steps and have been told there was a significant difference between teas of similar dosage. They were neither there for the brew or informed of the process.

Wow...I never thought I'd write a post that long about fucking tea lol

--------------------
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

InvisibleAlexSmitt

#25079581 - 03/21/18 09:06 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Very helpful though, lots of good ideas. I'd be too worried that 1 thing would be missing or out of place and throw me off. I love the idea of incents, I can't believe I never thought of that before.

--------------------

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#25079652 - 03/21/18 09:49 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks, I'm gonna play around with other recipes soon, and tinctures. I want to get an old school apothecary box and fill it up with all sorts of goodies and not all of em psilocybin bearing, "Burnout's Magic Elixirs" lol.

Oh dude, you gotta burn some when your trippin, it's something else, but I was referring to burning during the brew. Frankincense & myrrh, sandalwood, dragon's blood, and patchouli are my favorites. Burning a couple sprigs of white sage with some lavender is nice too, but white sage can be a little overpowering to some people.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

InvisibleAlexSmitt

#25079759 - 03/21/18 10:45 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Ah, gotcha. I'm already wearing my day off clothes, very comfy right now. I thought about looking into making a tincture but everything I found ended in senseless bickering and nothing seemed really concrete or it ended with saying the actives are water soluble in water so make tea. On a seperate note, I don't have a pH meter, what amount of lemon juice would you say is needed for 1/2 cup of spring water to be at a pH of 5? I'm about to make it :rockon:

--------------------

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#25079840 - 03/21/18 11:25 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

If I'm being lazy, or don't have litmus paper, I just add a splash. It should taste like unsweetened lemonade.

I picked up some citric acid today, hoping I can acidify it without affecting the taste too much.

The problem with tea is, unless you freeze it, it can spoil. Tinctures would be great for goin to burns or festi's or if you don't want to keep frozen tea in your easily accesible feeezer. I'm gonna try making a truffle kombucha eventually too. I also picked up some "memory tea" at my health food store to try.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Edited by 00Burnout (03/21/18 11:28 AM)

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #25080225 - 03/21/18 02:46 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

LC to rye

This is how it looked 11 days after inoculation, I made sure the LC was evenly distributed after inoculation, I poured about 15ml.

Wanted to do g2g to bigger jars ans shook the jar 48h ago and this is how it looks now

:crazy:

whats going on here guys, I don´t see contams or bacteria all I see is myc that has yet to start to recover, is this normal 48h? :confused:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mateja]
    #25080252 - 03/21/18 02:57 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

I know that mexicana myc can be a little tempermental to shaking. It will bounce back, just give it a little time.

I was talking about it before but the jar I shook after receiving LC took a half week-week longer to show signs of recovery, but finished colonizing wayyyyy before the non shaken jar (which still has yet to fully colonize)

My guess is it is being a jerk and that you'll see major recovery in the next week

--------------------

Trade List

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: FishLevelMidnight]
    #25080264 - 03/21/18 03:02 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Have you noticed any difference in stone production when shaking? I was planning on shaking around 30% to speed up colonization, do you think that's a good idea?

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #25080269 - 03/21/18 03:04 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks for the advice. Do you think it´s a good idea to go ahead and g2g this right now and let it recover in the receiving jars or not?
The reason why I´m asking is because the receiving jars have already been sterilized 5 days ago or so, and I´m not sure how long those will be good for.
It´s a couple of 2500ml jars filled 3/4 full of rye, sterilized at 3h at 20 PSI

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

#25080277 - 03/21/18 03:08 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Thanks for the advice. Do you think it´s a good idea to go ahead and g2g this right now and let it recover in the receiving jars or not?
The reason why I´m asking is because the receiving jars have already been sterilized 5 days ago or so, and I´m not sure how long those will be good for.
It´s a couple of 2500ml jars filled 3/4 full of rye, sterilized at 3h at 20 PSI

The way I look at it, you are probably gonna toss that 5 day grain anyways right? Might as well G2G into it.
Similarly, if the spawn is bad and isn't recovering for that reason, you're not really any worse off than if you didn't G2G right?
:shrug:

Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:
Have you noticed any difference in stone production when shaking? I was planning on shaking around 30% to speed up colonization, do you think that's a good idea?

I have only ever shaken mine (after inoculation with LC or at 30%) so I cannot say, but in doing that I found that my jars reached 100% before I saw darkening and thickening of the myc and stone production.

I preferred that because the stones started around the same time and I knew how old they were (I mark the 'start' date of my stone jars from the time I first see stones forming. So a 3 month old jar is usually like 3.5-4 months from inoculation, but I call it 3 because thats how long the stones have been forming)

--------------------

Trade List

Edited by FishLevelMidnight (03/21/18 03:11 PM)

Invisiblebacillus
Very Serious Mushronomer
Male

Loc: Central Europe
    #25080330 - 03/21/18 03:38 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

What's wrong with five day old jars? If they're sterile and filters work, they can stay that way forever. Mine routinely wait for days. I get infections, but not from that, I think. The only issue I have is that with dry air in the room and gas exchange going on, the grains get too dry.

--------------------
Mycelium on agarLet's trade

Offlinebaddagger
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: bacillus]
    #25080349 - 03/21/18 03:52 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Hey guys just wondering what do you guys use for liquid culture recipes for my stone strians. ill be using organic rye berries for grow medium in the jars, i have dex and dry malt extract on hand to make cultures with, was figuring about 250ml per each lc.  Going to be using agar wedge to go in the LC,  I bought a cheap magnetic stirrer. Should i let that run 24/7 or just on and off randomly for a certain amount of time?

Edited by baddagger (03/21/18 03:58 PM)

OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: baddagger]
    #25080357 - 03/21/18 03:58 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

I’ve been having a lot of success with 1 gram Karo syrup, 2 mL of grain water (I use coffee and gypsum in mine) and 500 mL of water. I scale it to 100 mL for smaller batches in 1/2 pints and even add an extra 100 mL water (but leave nutes) for quart LCs.

--------------------

Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#25080400 - 03/21/18 04:18 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

I use 0.25% LME with great success. My ATL#7 culture loves it. I'd let it run continously, if I remember correctly, the main reason to use a stir bar is to keep the broth oxygenated. I give my LC's a good swirl every time I walk by em.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale