Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
how much to dreams mean to you?
    #2252493 - 01/19/04 10:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do you think you dont even have dreams? are they just neural firings? your subconcious mulling over the days sensations? your mind 'emptying its recycle bin?' , and entertaining phenomenon? a spritual world parralel or seperate to the physical one? our mind manifesting its intuitive powers (precognition) ? , are they messages in symbolic form from spiritual force?
do you lucid dream? regularly? do you feel that your reality and your dreams are almost inseperable?

what do they mean to you? freudian symbolism? your mind hiding dangerous impulses?

lately ive been intensly working on my 'dream work' and spend a few hours dreaming each night (i usually remember 3-4 long, detailed dreams each night now) and have achieved a few lucid flashes, one or two fully lucid dreams, and a number of strange dream phenomenon)

in my oppinion lucid dreams beat any drug hands down (ok... maybe not ANY drug  :tongue2: ) and i think being able to spend a few hours as god of your own mental landscape everynight is one of the most valuable skills you can have. its added a whole new dimension to my life that is spiritual but also concrete, real.

So what are your dreams to you? to what extent do you pay attention to them? can they predict the future? are they just rearangments of real sensations or something diffrent entirely?

answer me!  :eyemouth:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2252507 - 01/19/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2252509 - 01/19/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I like dreaming, but I also think dreaming can wear me out, mentally. They give me too much to think about, sometimes.

Some of my dreams are like being awake, which I now know is lucid dreaming.

Some of my dreams are as if I was living real life, which I now know is sort of a prediction of something that is going to happen in the future.

Some dreams are a way of acting out a pleasant past event, or friendship, or a way of visiting someone that I haven't seen in a long time.

Some dreams are a way of working out something for which I haven't achieved a resolution in real life.

And of course some dreams are a way of coping with some emotion that I was unable to resolve in real life.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2252518 - 01/19/04 10:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

has anyone ever seen waking life, i wish i could control my dreams, anyone have advice or know links where i could learn to train myself to dream?

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: benjamin]
    #2252585 - 01/19/04 11:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, lucid dreaming really is the ticket.  I find I have trouble maintaining a lucid dream unless I'm really sleep-deprived when I nod off.  I try not to assign too much meaning to dreams, but then my dreams are generally just really fun and silly shit.
:tongue2: :smirk: :tongue2:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: benjamin]
    #2252645 - 01/19/04 12:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
    #2252686 - 01/19/04 12:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I never payed much attention to dreams until I started practicing lucid dreaming... the mind is a very powerful thing that weve only begun to understand I think.

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #2252730 - 01/19/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"They" say that space is not the final frontier, that the mind is.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly Flag
    #2252751 - 01/19/04 12:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i have seen the future in dreams. and once, i dreamt about someone, and the next day, without me saying a word, they approached me describing a similar vision.

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Offlinefungulus
Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: Lallafa]
    #2253489 - 01/19/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I had those experiences. I don't remember my dreams anymore. I only remember wierd, freaky nightmares that I wake out of still in sleep paralysis and upon reviewing the dream in my head, I can't see why it freaked me so much except maybe on a subconcous level. I think it's from being abused badly as a child. I now have selective memory or I dream what I want to instead of what would naturally come or something. I hate it when I talk to a freind and they recout flying above an imaginary landscape with feelings of euphoria or of divinatory dreams because I can't relate. I go to sleep and then wake up like nothing happened (unless I need to pee-pee). I've heard about sleep jounals, but have never tried it. Maybe I just am not paying enough attention. Or maybe that's what mushrooms are for, he he, Waking Dreams!!!!

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: fungulus]
    #2253580 - 01/19/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

gasp: mr mushrooms, you got BORED with lucid dreaming? inconcievable. When i get that first rush of realization, beyond question the THIS IS FINALLY IT you have achieved the power of god and realized everything around you is in your head its like nothing else man... i need my fix.

But seriously dont sit around wishing you had these experiences or thinking that you dont have dreams. Its really not that hard to achieve at least the level of remembering more than one dream a night.
full lucidity is something else but i say dream work should be practiced dilligently by everyone. For me if i dont remember a good long dream  everynight i feel like ive missed out on the best part of my day. To that end i am constantly praciticing mental exercises that help with lucidity, which adds to my appreciation of waking life as well.

Speaking of waking life that movie should be considerd essential watching , and especially for those who seek increased dream control/awareness. Also you have to watch it at least 3 times to get enough out of it and you should not be too fucked up everytime (that said if you havent seen it on psychadelics your missing out there too)

heres the regime i follow/ed

1. dont go to sleep high or drunk
2. go to bed an hour or so earlier than usual (dream periods become longer and more frequent the more you sleep. By the time i would normally wake up its like constant dreaming
3. get a good dream journal and multiple pencils/pens and keep them right by your bed in the same place every night
4. allow yourself time to wake up naturally, dont set an alarm. the harsh beebing will snatch the dream right out of your mind, as will any rude awakening. you must have some time immediatly upon awakening to ponder and recall your dream
5. As soon as (and i mean IMMEDIATLY) upon awakening struggle to recall your dream and write it down in as much detail as possible. THan, read over the whole account you have written and correct it(youll remember more the second time through)

do this EVERY DAY dont let it slip. If you absolutely cant recall your dream one morning dont worry, but make sure you take a good amount of time to try, as they can sometimes come back in a flash
(wierd tip: if you seriously have been trying and you cant bring back the dream to mind, whack off. sometimes ive rememberd a dream id forgotten at orgasm)

now you should soon develop fairly reliable dream recall, the most integral step to lucid dreaming

FOllowing this you must recite something to yourself and focus on it as you fall asleep. I use 'i will wake up after every dream period and record my dream' very soon you will start to wake up after every REM period and recall 2-6 dreams a night instead of just the last one you had upon awakening.

Finally throughout your day conduct 'reality checks' very often. This is the most important part of gaining lucidity and requires great patience and dilligence. a reality check cannot just be looking around to 'see if this is a dream' dont be fooled, pinching yourself or feeling the wall will not tell you if your dreaming. ALL THE SENSES FUNCTION IN DREAMS, pain can also be felt in dreams. These are some reliable tests

1. digital clocks will be distorted and unreadable
2. fine print will be very difficult to read. It will change content if you look away and read it again
3. if you flick lightswitches a few times, they will not function properly
4. IMPORTANT ONE: try to recall in sequence how you got to where you are , one at a time (i was at home, i walked to the bus stop, i got on the bus, i came to school etc... if you cant do this, your dreaming ) Do this constantly throughout the day.
5. try to levitate : this usually wont work unless you are already SURE you are dreaming. Once you have strong suspicion due to some other hint you can usually get a bit airborne though, and then your set for fun

do this throughout the day and eventually you will do them in your dreams.

other training:
1. concentration meditation: focus your whole awareness and maintain it for as long as possible, gently guiding your mind back to the point of concentration, be it breath or  a visible object. THis is for skill in concentrating which will help you maintain lucidity in dreams

3. memory practice: take a box of diffrent coloured markers or crayons. draw on a white peice of paper random objects in random colours in 4 by 4 rows. example (first row.. blue beetle, red eye, black smiley face, green penis. second row... yellow swastica, orange bowl etc) than memorize these objects and there colours row by row, and do this until you can recite with your eyes closed, each row object by object, forwards or backwards, in the correct colours.

this skill is very good for dream recall as it is often confusing to remember dreams in proper sequence due to the randomness and disconnectedness of eents. dont chintz on this one , it takes about 20-30 minuites for me to do one full page like this. WHen you get good due 5x5 or 6x6 rows.

affirmations: throughout the day, or every morning and night, repeat verbally and write down 'i will lucid dream' 20, 50 or 100 times.

WHen you succeed: to maintain lucidity try spinning, rubbing your hands together, and moving your eyes back and forth

dont fly to high and try to repress your excitment (very hard!  :laugh: )
as intense emotion can make you wake up
dont think about yourself in bed (although i probably just made you more likely to do it ) as this also can snap you awake

to change the dream you can
a. close your eyes in the dream for a period of time. when you open them you will probably be somewhere else

or

b. walk through a door. you never know where you might end up. if you want to go somewhere specific visualize that goal as you step through the door *or as you close your eyes*

c. float through a mirror , this usually takes you to very wierd places

GOOD THINGS TO DO:

fly! this is such a rush, try long bounds abd glides instead of vertically shooting up or jumping of buildings as that intensity can wake you up

kill your enemies! in my dreams i always do judo  and otherwise kick the crap out of things, and i always win. martial arts are very vivid and fun in dreams

have sex! also very vivid. remember ALL THE SENSES FUNCTION!
ive had better sex in dreams than in real life sometimes (believe it or not)

smoking weed is usually a waste of dream time, but acid and stuff can be whacky

ANYWAYS this was a bit off my own topic but its unthinkable to me that people could not take advantage of this amazing human ability! the most intense experiences of your non drugged life await you EVERY TIME YOU GO TO SLEEP! its not a joke! its not a whack job theory! its real and fairly easy (as far as 'mystical experiences' go)

as for myself ive never known dreams to predict the future, nor to be very symboliccally meaningfull. rarely they have clear referances to waking concerns in them , but more commonly they seem to be beyond my comprehension entirely (just like real life) but i enjoy them nonethe less.

i seriously hope you guys take advantage of this! maybe ill see ya sometime

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2253670 - 01/19/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My dreams are so bizzarre. Really really bizzarre. But in a fun wacky crazy cool sorta way. Livin la vida loca in da Twilight Zone sorta way.

If you combined the following movies:
Dark City
The Matrix
The Wizard of Oz
Lord of the Rings

Thats what my dreams would be like. :nut:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #2253765 - 01/19/04 06:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I believe that they might be a combanation of the subcontious mind working through, and also fragments from your day. The trick is to get all those fragments away before you sleep, so that just the pure sub-contious can be experienced.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2253784 - 01/19/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think of my dreams as pretty much everything you have said.

Even stranger ive begun to experience the different levels of sleep while being in a trance.

Normally when i try to go to sleep i can stop thinking, and when i do stop realizing that im thinking, im dreaming then. If i realize that, ill have a lucid dream, if i dont I just flow with the current.

Ive had voices talk to me right before ive gone into dream state, and the very depths of sleep.

I have traveled to different planets, met aliens, had alien surgeries, been in dungeons, encountered dragons, witches, bitches, ive been shot, drugged, chased by matter eating langoliers.

Ive been shown blue prints on how to build machines, grown extra limbs. Seen what people wear the day before they wear them. Talked to dead relatives.

Its seems like my dream world now takes place after the end of the world. I remember when i used to have wonderful dreams, they are just memories now.

My self understanding in my dreams is like looking through a very distorted piece of glass.

There are these visions or dreams that i can remember, but i cannot recall when they happened. Im starting to wonder if they were ever dreams at all, or if they were dreams, they must have taken place before i was even conciously aware. Or deeply burried within my subconcious.

Maybe they are the best moments of my life when i had seen the best of how things could be, and my mind has hidden their secrets away, and shows me light to give me hope.

Too much information that i do not understand.

Ive been sucked up by tornadoes, left out into the ocean to swim in the strangest waters. Ive been attacked by hydras and strange water creatures the size of a house.

Ive killed zombies, built a house with bricks with my mind.

Ive walked in a building that had different dimensions, different places of could be realities all in the same dream.

What do they mean to me? They represent that vast other world, the unknown, the great mystery we experience.

I can search through myself, i can experience parts of people that i might not otherwise see with my concious awareness. It can change me, and it gives me more information than i could ever get anywhere else.

Im always finding myself asking those questions about what the dream means to me, what the things inside them represent. Why would i have such a strange thing happen to me every night?

--------------------
What?

InvisiblejohnB`
Mountaineer
Loc: The Rocky Mountains
    #2253887 - 01/19/04 07:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dreams hold high amounts of significance with me. Many things I've dreamed happened to me later. I used to think it was coincidence, but the frequency it happens has me thinking otherwise.

OfflineLucidSid
Stranger

Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: johnB`]
    #11183674 - 10/04/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cool thread, and props to the one who put out that LD link, good shit.

I pretty much never remembered my dreams throughout HS other than fucked up negative trip dreams where some dude comes at me and my arms are paralized, or id throw a knife as hard as i could and the mother fucker trying to kill me or whatever would catch it in his palms....

Now it seems whenever i have a dream where im in a fight, i always beat the shit out of um, but i dont feel good about it, like i dont feel my dreams evolved... I feel like i dont give the person im fighting enough credit as a fighter.

I had this dream the other night where i was trying to ask my dad a question. My relationship with my dad was a little tweaked, he did coke very often in his day so now hes in the negative trip, like he feels like life is out to get him or something. So our communication was pretty shity, he would freak out when i didnt do chores everyday like it was the most important shit to be worring about. And i felt i could never get a straight answer from him....

Sooo i was pinning him down in my dream by foot with a pitch fork like demanding he tell me what i wanted to know and he wouldnt do it... Than my sister came into the picture, Youger sisters who really tried to make my life misserable most of the time, idk they were reall good with pushing my buttons. So my older sis starts talking shit so i rammed the pitch fork through her stomach....

By far the most sinister dream i had.... I really try to help people out in life so i was pretty shocked by this one....

This dream happened the night after i tripped on some mushrooms....

--------------------
Let's face it; God has a big ego problem. Why do we always have to worship him?

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: LucidSid]
    #11183731 - 10/04/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dawg this thread is 5 years old

--------------------

OfflineLucidSid
Stranger

Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11183758 - 10/04/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well it looks like i just took it to a...... whole..... nother...... Level!

--------------------
Let's face it; God has a big ego problem. Why do we always have to worship him?

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: how much to dreams mean to you? [Re: LucidSid]
    #11184695 - 10/05/09 01:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dreams heal me by taking troubling figures in my life or situations and exposing me to them in a positive context, ie. I dream about making up with some asshole or instead of being bored shitless in highschool suddenly it was the bomb and everyone's happy. I think my subconscious likes to rid me of bad memories like that. Dreams also help my psyche survive while I'm in isolation, because your mind needs a certain amount of stimulation to stop you losing it. It fills in all the needs like self-esteem and sexual needs too, and that need for adventure.

Lucid dreams are definitely something else. They have design... it's like you're meant to go in there or its another coherent world or something. When I've lucid dreamed the whole thing has been set up for me like a wonderful show, often full of something like training programs for certain life skills and stuff. Very cool...

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #11185366 - 10/05/09 07:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dreaming is the most entertaining thing I do. I have very good dream recall most of the time and occasional lucid dreams. My dreams are much more interesting then the world I live in daily.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order