Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Getting high in a differant way
    #2251942 - 01/19/04 03:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Does anybody here feel like they dont get high the same way as their peers?  When I get high I feel like in adition to the high my movements arent as smooth as they are when I'm not high, a bit fucked up but not the "drunk way" and I also have a few shakes here and there which is ok but sometimes my head jerks like I'm getting the shakes in my neck or something which is annoying.  I used to paranoid from weed and mostly because of this (still a itty bitty tad bit paranoid when high) but I learned to not care but I still have these weird things when high.  I also feel weird about my talking like I'm talking to loud or something, its like I dont know if I'm talking to loud or not so I get all worked up about that... I dunno... its not as weird as it sounds, but it would rest me at ease if I knew this was common.  I have no weird side effects from any other drugs than weed but are there any other people that do or does only weed do this on only me? :confused:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Getting high in a differant way [Re: filthysock]
    #2251975 - 01/19/04 04:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I find that I'm more aware of my body's tense spots and aches so sometimes my body will react in unusual or unexpected ways. I don't think the drugs are necessarily *causing* twitches or other odd sensations but maybe accentuating them to the point where its a lot more obvious....

Offlineiggy
mycophile

Loc: Alberta, Canada
    #2292026 - 02/01/04 05:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

weeds not for everyone. me and my buddys smoke it constantly throghout the day. had this one freind tho would never smoke. he said when he smoked it felt like someone sawing into the back of his eyes and he would get seizures and shit. same thing happened when he did mushrooms. he would akways freak out on the natural drugs and couldnt handle it but when it came to coke or meth or E he could'nt get enough of the shit.

--------------------
Zip-"Mok, are we evil?"

Mok-"Do you know what evil spelled backwards is? Live. And we all want to do that dont we?"

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Getting high in a differant way [Re: iggy]
    #2292033 - 02/01/04 05:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never heard of any of that happening, though I used to have this lightweight acquaintance, a friend of a friend, who smoked weed with him and me. It was high quality nug,  :stash: and we'd been smoking constantly throughout the day,  :bong: when suddenly he up and puked everywhere.  :confused: My friend and I took a few seconds to react, as we were pretty baked. My friend then told him to get downstairs as fast as he could, and he puked in the goddamned tub! With the toilet right next to the tub, it was even closer than the tub. Not to mention, who the hell pukes in a tub, when it's hard to wash out and people bathe in there? Might as well puke in the sink. :rolleyes:

Last time I ever smoked with that kid. Weed is an anti-nauseant for me, hard to see how someone can puke off of it.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2292073 - 02/01/04 06:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah i get the twitch alot too man , sometimes "but sometimes my head jerks like I'm getting the shakes in my neck or something which is annoying" that shit happens to me also dude. Sometimes when i'm stoned i get real fucking mellow , but sometimes i get anxiety like that , i belive that's what causes it

--------------------

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #2292699 - 02/01/04 11:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah man, I get those neck twitches too. Even when I'm not high. I'll just be walking in the mall and my neck will just fucking twitch, jerking my whole head. People look at me wierd.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: Getting high in a differant way [Re: adamj]
    #2292831 - 02/02/04 01:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've gotten some wierd twitches before. The wierdest that that has happened to me, twice, is smoking within a few days of doing x. That was wierd, I started having minor but uncontrollable shaking going through my body, like my body or legs or arms would twitch every 3 - 5 seconds or so. ANd this would go on about an hour, I just locked myself in my room and waited it out.

Regardless, I'm done with x so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Sometimes I agree in general it seems to me like I'm talking a little louder, but it never bothered me. I actually am talking softer, but in my head it sounds louder, whatever. I find it hard to do anything involving dexterity while high. I.E. passing a blunt, as I get higher and higher (and the blunt, unfortunately, smaller and smaller), my hand becomes very unsteady reaching for it. I usually rest my hand on the person's hand to steady mine as I take the blunt. As far as bigger things, like walking, I just feel more unsteady, not in a drunken balance kindof way, but more periodic lack of balance, mostly ok to walk but periodic little losses of balance nothign too serious.

As far as paranoia goes, I used to freak the fuck out in public places, now I am still a little anxious in public places, but in private no hint of paranoia unless a little when I'm smoking when I shouldn't, i.e. hw projects due. i.e. RIGHT NOW! haha, ugh.

So I see some similarities to your experiences, I do have minor twitchy feelings now and then but nothing quite as noticable as what you seem to have.

I do want to mention, yesterday the wierdest thing happened...I was standing under my bar light in my room (it is hollow, shape of a lampshade) and tlaking to myh friend and at one point I heard this HUGE echo in my head, seeming to come from the lampshade, of my friends voice. Really wierd, and it went on for like 3 seconds and then bam went away. I had been drinking too though. haha

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

OfflineBrad1981
Stranger
    #2338243 - 02/15/04 06:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

When I smoke weed, my arms and legs twitch usually. This twitching/shivering intensifies when I am in a cold environment. Also, when I walk, it feels as if my walking is--how should i say it--choppy...like i take choppy steps and get very aware of my walking--especially in public places. Also, it feels as if I am frowning a lot...like my eyes and forehead and mouth tense up. But if I just get buzzed all this doesn't really happen. And if I'm on skates practicing hockey by myself I feel fine. Anyone else have these reactions that i described? Oh and it just takes like 2 hits out of a glass pipe to get me pretty stoned.

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
    #2338708 - 02/15/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i get the same thing as Brad, i shiver, and it gets riduculous when i'm in even the most slightest of cold enviorments. but i also talk louder then i should, and in public places i talk about the weirdest shit, and everyone looks at me like i'm a total idiot. oh yeah, my hands swell up too when i smoke.

--------------------

Offlineguitarmon
musician

Re: Getting high in a differant way [Re: Aton]
    #2339587 - 02/16/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sometime I might get that nervous twitch ... I think it excess energy.

For me what help calm that is to stretch out ... breath ... do some yoga or martial arts ... feels great ... and you just channel the nervous energy into it.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Getting high in a differant way [Re: guitarmon]
    #2342000 - 02/16/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sometmes it seems to incresse the effect of placebo hardocore, like if I tough soemthing was wrong ith me I'd keep thinking about it then I actually start feeling it. Pure savtivas mang uhhh wow.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2342093 - 02/16/04 06:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was once smoking with a friend and his younger brother (i think he was like 14 at the time) came downstairs. Anyway, he wouldn't leave us alone unless we gave him a hit off the bowl, so we did. He took a big toke, held it in, and upon exhaling, threw up in his hands. He looked at it, and said, "it looks like an egg" and then started laughing uncontrollably. Needless to say, I didn't smoke with his brother again. Freakin' weirdo!

Krishna

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience