Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
stinky mycobags.
    #2251060 - 01/18/04 07:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

so i have these 3 mycobags, and i had them in my heated guitar case. and i was smelling this nasty contam smell, has a real nasty bite to it, if u know what i mean. at first i thought it was the case, since i use it for my guitar when i need travel, and its been in some smelly places. but i moved the bags to a better incubator the other day, now i check em again and its the same nasty smell. theres no visible contams in the bags, and 2 are showing strong growth, one is just sitting their lookin pretty. anyway i can determine which of these fuckers are producing that nasty smell? if not all of them. im assuming its the dead one as of now, but ive guessed wrong before. just looking for some input. oh, btw, if i smell the bags individually they all smell like that pugnent crap. should i seperate them? i mean their in the bags and all...

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: stinky mycobags. [Re: amyloid]
    #2251068 - 01/18/04 07:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Are they rye bags? I remember having a very distinct smell of rye mycobags, it was just the grain though. No contam. Maybe it's that.

Anonymous

#2251281 - 01/18/04 09:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

millit also has a smell to it, if i where you i would toss the one that is not showing growth, but before i recomend anything how long ago did u innoculate with what onto what etc etc, more details would help you get a better answer

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2251309 - 01/18/04 09:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

no no no, If it stinks like I think you say it stinks it's bacterial...

Smells like garbage right? rotten fruit? Sweet and rank? it's bacterial and all your bags have it. It spreads lika a motha, (usually from poorly sterilied substrate) and won't show visually for another few days to a week. It stinks like garbage, NOTHING like ANY grain or good cultivation smell. If they all stink toss em. In a few days it will become a yellow/green mucus like coating on everything in the bag. in other words, your fucked.  :sad: How did you sterilize and innoculate your bag? thats probably where you got the contam.

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: stinky mycobags. [Re: simplemachine]
    #2251328 - 01/18/04 10:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

all the bags are seperate how did they all get contamd? i didnt make them, they were purchased.
and i dont think its the smell of the grain inside, i dunno exactly what the contents are, definitly some verm and rye though. and the smell is realllllll nasty.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2251340 - 01/18/04 10:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeh then its def bacteria. the bags one or all of the improperly sterilized, thus spreading contams during noc up. OR the contam was on the syringe. Did you sterileiz the needle between bags? where is the innoculum from?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation