Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
I am on edge, think I'm gonna die
    #2244484 - 01/15/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As I sit here, I can feel my tounge fizzing, my throat is tight, i'm finding it hard to breathe, and my fingers tingle.
Right now I'm trying to convince myself I'm not dying, but it's so hard. I don't want to fall down the path of thinking I'm dying every ten minutes again, I don't want to go through that hell ever again.
Nowadays I can usually stop the intruding thoughts, but this time it's starting to take me over... every moment I become aware of yet another, probably stupidly insignificant symtom. Right now, my hands are cold, and I can feel a lump in my throat.

I'm posting this post as a vent for my current feelings. I realise that my symtoms are exagerated by my mind, but they're so hard to ignore.

I'm not high or anything, I'm just panicking out of the blue... how can I stop this fucking madness? Everytime I think I'm over the panic, a few months'll pass and I'm back. Anyway guys, cheers for reading

-Ben

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: I am on edge, think I'm gonna die [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #2244493 - 01/15/04 04:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I get like that at some points. It's called being a hypocondriac. At one point in my life I was convinced I had cancer. It took going to the doctor and hearing that I'm 100% healthy to get over it. You could go to the doctor, hearing you're okay helps.

I haven't felt that way in years, however recently it's coming out again. I feel that lump in the throat, and weird pains in my body. I think it's due to a stressful part of my life. You should do things that make you feel good and assure yourself that you are healthy.

It comes in cycles, all you can do is try to move on to the good parts in life, and deal with the bad.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #2244670 - 01/15/04 05:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Is it the dying or the disease that bothers you?!

We are all dying...i am right now as my body ages typing this. Death sits beside each of us, and can claim you at any time...be it disease, or a car accident, you must realise this, and make the most of your living moments. Dying is not so bad.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2245309 - 01/16/04 12:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"I'm not high or anything, I'm just panicking out of the blue... how can I stop this fucking madness? "

to speak from expierence

you may have some sort of panic disorder, or anxiety disorder. i have both, and have learned to deal with them quite well. but for a long time i was on medication, which can help a great deal.

if you arent oposed to such things you should find a doctor that can diagnose and treat these problems you have.

CHeers

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
    #2246142 - 01/16/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Azmodeus: I'm not at a stage with myself where I've come to accept death. I realise I'm gonna die, I just have a tricky time accepting it

Zippoz: Yeah I had panic disorder a year and half ago, got over it, and now it's kinda coming back. When I first had it, I went to my doctor, and you probably wont believe this, but he read my palm... yeah, just as a witchdoctor or something would. He told me my Life-line was long and that my Money-line was short, and then prescribed me Prozac. To say I felt patronised is the understatement of the century. So I'm kind of against visiting my doctor... I'll probably end up seeing him again tho haha.

As I type now I'm alright...

ArmFromTheAbyss: I'm a proper hypocondriac... when I was little I thought I had every disease going haha.

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2246511 - 01/16/04 03:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Just try to relax. Go see your doctor and have every test ran on you if it will make you feel better. Tell him the panic that you feel.

I have excessive anxiety and suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. I do have a prescription but I don't take it cuz I don't feel that I need it. I've been able to handle it without, for the most part. What I do, is when I feel that creeping feeling of an attack coming on, I do something that I enjoy. Read a book, think of things that you will never have an answer for so you can constantly keep your mind busy when these problems arise. I think about the meaning of life and basically just refine my opinions and beliefs as a whole. Do something that will keep your mind occupied, something you find alot of pleasure doing.

It's hard at first but once you get in the routine of 'productive thinking' as I like to call it, it gets much easier.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am on edge, think I'm gonna die [Re: sykobish]
    #2246831 - 01/16/04 05:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that for my whole life, off and on, I've thought there was something wrong with me. I can remember feeling this way at like 10 years old. I've always thought I wasn't going to live to 20 even, for some bizarre reason. I always think I have some type of fatal cancer at the slightest thing, even now. Sometimes I feel a twitch in my head or hallucinate and think I've got a brain tumor. I remember when I was really young being freaked out that I might somehow have AIDS and not know it. Also used to have anxiety problems, and since then, have been unable to have fun while smoking weed since I feel like my hearts gonna stop or I'll just stop breathing. It sucks, don't know what to do about any of it.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: I am on edge, think I'm gonna die [Re: jarby]
    #2248754 - 01/17/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

One thing, is that people underestimate the power of thought and the power of suggestion. :crazy: It's not a good thing to constantly think that you have something wrong with you.  If you think that, go to the doctor and get checked out, or find a way to get your mind off it.  For the longest time, for years, I thought I had cancer.  It was as tho I knew it.  Maybe it was women's intuition, I don't know.  But at the end of 2002, I got off my ass and got checked after losing my grandfather to cancer in October.  I was diagnosed with Cervical cancer.  I've had surgery and everything is looking good now.

This is just one instance of thought / suggestion that I have experienced.

The power of suggestion / thought is an incredible thing, imo.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

Offlinedovee
Stranger
    #2250729 - 01/18/04 02:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I do have a prescription but I don't take it cuz I don't feel that I need it.

Hey sykobitch... what were you prescribed? I would like something for my anxiety sometimes... but I don't think I need it all the time, but man, it would be nice to have a break from this anxiety sometimes.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: I am on edge, think I'm gonna die [Re: dovee]
    #2251010 - 01/18/04 05:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They gave me a prescription for Ativan.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2251145 - 01/18/04 05:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I remember Ativan. Didn't like the stuff, much prefer xanax but i only use recreationally so maybe i shouldn't be talkin. peace

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder