Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
shroomies in portugal
    #633914 - 05/17/02 04:05 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hey there,

In my country mushrooms are a rare drug. People who sell them here usually bring them from holland where they are legal.

Me and my friends have access to shrooms because my pet bird likes to grow cubes.

However i wonder if there are any common native psychoactive fungi in Portugal. I know amanita muscaria are somewhat common but i'm afraid of eating these (heard some bad stories about them). Any help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: esin]
    #633953 - 05/17/02 05:08 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You can find Psilocibe Gaston Guzman in Coru?a (it was found by Nacho last year), probably it fruits in northern Portugal too, another possibility is Psilocibe Semilanceata.
Anyway, i haven't found any, have you ?
Follow this link to see some portuguese mycoflora.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: MAIA]
    #633961 - 05/17/02 05:22 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry esin! Where's my fucking head ?!?, there's two mild active species in Portugal, Gymnopilus Spectabulis and Panaeolus Microsporus, go to pics forum and hit the thread called "most aestethic mushroom pics" or something to see a G.Spectabulis, you have to search this forum to find the other one, i can't remember in wich thread i posted it, devo tar a ficar velho.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #634612 - 05/17/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

MAIA,

The only reported Psychoactive shrooms in Portugal are Amanita muscaria and Amanita pantherina.

And Nacho is from Spain. not Portugal and there is no such mushroom as Psilocybe Gaston Guzman Nacho lives near the Pyrenees and his home is three hundred km from both Saville and from Barcelona. He is the discoverer of Psilocybe hispanica Guzm?n. There are nine known species of psychoactive psilocybian fungi in Spain which include P. semilanceata, P.cyanescens and even Copelandia cyanescens which is common along the Spanish Riviera region of Souhern Spain. Pluteus species have also been identified from Spain. Since Spain is cousin to Portugal, some of those species could be found there but as of this date there are no known botanical references to such mushrooms in Portugal.

As for Panaeolus microsporus the original collection was made in the early 1960s by French Quebec mycologist Gyorgy-Miklos Ola'h who brought specimens back from the Republic of Central Africa. He found no psilocybin in the naturally occuring specimens but did find some in the mycelium of laboratory cultures.

It is doubtful that P. microsporus has ever been found in portugal since it is only known of from Africa.

William Emboden, author of the book Narcotic Plants wrote in that very book that Robert Graves, the Greek Historian had told him that certain modern day witches residing in Portugal in the early 1960s had used Panaeous papilionaceus in rituals. No follow up research has ever been found to prove or disprove that notation from Embodens book. It is believed that the P. papilionaceus are a synonym for Panaeolus subbalteatus.

Steven Polock also mentioned the witch reference in refering to Embodens writings inhis paper he wrote on Panaeolus for the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs..

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #634622 - 05/17/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Maia,

If you want to read my worldwide Distribution and Chemical Analysis of the Neurotropic Fungi then go to the following site. It lists every state, country and Island where psilocybine mushrooms can be found.

including 214 known species of pscyhoactive fungi.

Mjshroomer

Sprea the word for those interested in this work. Sorry i could not provide the photos that ae in the journal.

http://www.museocivico.rovereto.tn.it/pubblicazioni/Annale14/art09-Guzman%20&%20C.pdf

hae a shroomy day

mj

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: mjshroomer]
    #635195 - 05/18/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi mj, thanks for this valuable info !!
I know Nacho is from Spain, i've wrote to him in the past. I only know he found Ps. Hispanica in the pyrenees and then one year later he found a new psylocibe sp in Coru?a/Galicia (Northwest of Spain), never eard nothing from him since.
Back to your post, i have a question, Ps. Cyanescens should grow upper north where's a bit colder, i'm i right ?

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #636492 - 05/19/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

November last year while hunting for some edibles in Alentejo, right next to Guadiana river (which borders Portugal and Spain) i found some mushrooms in a grassy sheep pasture which looked a lot like the pictures i've seen of liberty caps. I picked one to see if it would stain blue...it didn't so i tossed it. But i know there are some psilocybin mushrooms that don't have this property. Don't know however if liberty caps are one of them. Maybe i'll return there this year and take some pics.

MAIA, i didn't know you were portuguese. Maybe you can help me find some stuff i need to improve my cultivation. Check your PM's!

Thanks for the help
'brigad?o, MAIA!

Probably there isn't any East-Timorese people on these forums but i can't help giving their People my compliments for their struggle which resulted in their Independence. From this May 21st on they are a sovereign, free, indepedent nation. My feelings are with all the Timor Lorosae people and all the soldiers from the United Nations peace force who helped Timor fulfill their dream of Freedom.

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#637054 - 05/19/02 11:13 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

, at last i found someone from my country around here, keep in touch esin.
About East Timor, they diserve freedom has any other human being should diserve, may this be an example of courage but also a suffering courage , the suffering has ended.... at last. Viva Timor Lorosae !!

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Offlinesauroman1
Emrys

Loc: Shangrila
    #22358610 - 10/10/15 10:59 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Portugal has very warm climate so it would be easy and cheap to buy spore print of cubensis mushrooms. Didn't expect muscaria to grow here as mostly they are abundant in north. Do semilanceatas also grow in Portugal, Lisbon?
Great things here can be found acacia longifolia subsp. sophorae containing a lot of DMT :smile:

--------------------
"You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms.” ― Terence McKenna

OfflinePrelim
Learning...
Male

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: sauroman1]
    #22509235 - 11/11/15 12:47 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

I've joined the forum with the hope of finding someone from Portugal!... and so you are here :wink:

I'm from Lisbon as well, but only have experience with Sclerotia (truffles)

Offlinesauroman1
Emrys

Loc: Shangrila
    #23161141 - 04/27/16 12:13 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

esin said:
hey there,

In my country mushrooms are a rare drug. People who sell them here usually bring them from holland where they are legal.

Yes, I noticed not many dealers offer it in Lisbon. Mostly it's weed, hash, MDMA and sometimes mushrooms or only once LSD.

Portugal warm climate is very well suited for cubensis. But for semilanceata's and muscaria isn't climate too dry and hot? I would love to find p. cyanescens or azurescens in Portugal but they also like cooler climate, anybody found them?

--------------------
"You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms.” ― Terence McKenna

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
    #23161158 - 04/27/16 12:17 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Here are the only records I know of from Portugal:

http://mushroomobserver.org/195137

http://mushroomobserver.org/83992

I think I actually have this collection and hope to sequence it some time....

Offlinestickp1
Stranger
Loc: Portugal
    #26420587 - 01/07/20 08:54 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Another portuguese fellow here.

I can positively say I have been finding Psilocybes in the Sintra region for the past few weeks. I would say probably azurescens but I can't really tell the difference from cyanescens or serbica. I made an ID post here:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26420377

I haven't tried them out for fear, since I don't know anyone with any hunting experience in PT or that knows the first thing about preparing them. I probably will, eventually, and share any practical insights relevant for any tugas out there on the field

Offlinejavali
Stranger
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: Prelim]
    #27021884 - 11/04/20 05:07 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Boas
The Dmt in acacia sophorae is found in the leaves or in the seeds?

Edited by javali (11/04/20 05:08 PM)

OfflineTyperwritermonky
shboop a doop a doop

Loc: Mrs. Brown's Teahouse
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: javali]
    #27021910 - 11/04/20 05:18 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

javali said:
Boas
The Dmt in acacia sophorae is found in the leaves or in the seeds?

root bark.

Invisibleshroower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #27022563 - 11/05/20 04:04 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Here are the only records I know of from Portugal:

http://mushroomobserver.org/195137

http://mushroomobserver.org/83992

I think I actually have this collection and hope to sequence it some time....

Have you ever ended up sequencing them? Just saw this thread popping up for some reason.
I'm curious if P. azurescens could be original from the marram grass (Ammophila arenaria) in Europe, considering this grass is invasive on the West Coast of the US and it's where the species grows.

Offlinejavali
Stranger
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: shroower]
    #27035650 - 11/12/20 05:15 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you

Offlineshinydunf
Stranger

#27497587 - 10/08/21 04:34 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

MAIA! I came across this forum while searching for info about hunting for active shroomalooms in Portugal. I've moved to Porto for a few months. Thought I'd say hello after reading this :smile:

Invisiblebambalez
Fellow
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portugal
Re: shroomies in portugal [Re: shinydunf]
    #27499855 - 10/10/21 05:10 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Glad to know im not alone, fellow portuguese friends :smile:

I'm from Lisboa, and  also looking to get to know people who share the same interests.

Grande abraço!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck