Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
HBWR / Blue Lotus Extracts
    #2245927 - 01/16/04 10:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

After some good poking around on HBWR and Blue Lotus extracting it was time to try it for someone's self.

Nothing was really found out about any Lotus experiments, and many mixed reports on the HBWR -- extractions, expieriences..

There was a long few day surf on distilling somehow -- and on the 3rd day, a still was born, concieved from parts found around someones house.

2 24 ounce cans of steel reserve(211 - 8.0%alc bv) were extracted to get some ethanol. Then some triple sec was extracted to get more. Alcoholic bevs were used so one could try the goods right away. Theres a thermometer in the still where the rocker valve was - it starts protruding at the 170degF mark(alc boils at 173F) and the top is around 190degF. The thing starts dripping good at like 180-190.

So -- someone took 5 grams of the Lotus, crushed, and mixed it in with enough of the ethanol to be soaked, and then some -- roughly 40ml. It will sit in the 1/2 pint jar for a few days maybe -- the liquid is getting brownish, after 12 hours.

For the HBWR, it was decided to try the petroleum/ethanol extraction tek, since so little feedback on this was available, and also because someone could now distill shit, and it made that tek more easily achieved.

7 seeds were crushed with a needle nose pliers, till they were pretty messed up. Added to a petri dish, and then an unknown amount of straight zippo fliud was added - and the mix ground and smooshed int he fluid. Then it was transferred to a test tube, and capped.(black cap)(this may be tried again with distilled zippo fluid depending ont he results of the extraction - the fluid was not distilled in the first place - for no good reason)

8 seeds were crushed the same way, but went straight to the tube, no further crushing and mashing while immersed in the liquid. (green cap)

Now it looks like the first tube, that had the contents mashed around, has more of a yellowish tint to it than the second.
It was mentioned that this stage would have a cloudy white fluid, and that the secondary stage would leave a yellowish tar.

Someone is hoping that the extra pulverizing didnt somehow release or mix the lsa?

In a day or so - the pulp will be strained and saved, then a second extraction will be performed with the ethanol, to get the lsa. After that sits for a day or two, it will be strained, and the ethanol mix expelled into a pyrex dish, and let dry.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: HBWR / Blue Lotus Extracts [Re: plura16]
    #2246802 - 01/16/04 05:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think there's something wrong with me. I'm not understanding this very well. I'm not sure why, but i'm not. I'm gonna read it a few more times till i get what you're doing. I mean i know what you're doing, but for some reason nothing is clicking with me right now.

Also i suggest not distilling the zippo fluid in a homemade still.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Re: HBWR / Blue Lotus Extracts [Re: neuro]
    #2247705 - 01/17/04 02:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

neuro-

theres some hbwr seeds crushed and soaking in zippo fluid.

in the 2 pictures of the test tubes, one of them the zippo fluid has turned yellow. one has not. the one that has turned yellow was macerated in the fluid before it went into the tube.

as of now the tubes were drained into a petri and the fluid sucked out by a coffee filter - it is set aside to dry.

once it is completely dry -- some ethanol will be added to extract the LSA.

that fluid, containing LSA and some small amount of other bs, will be filtered and left to dry untill it can be scraped up and injested.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction2.shtml

why has the macerated one turned yellow?

you suggest not distilling the fluid in a homemade still? why? - the still cannot clog or build any real pressure -- also theres fire extinguishers around, and information on the process -- which is simple. would you feel different if this was a store bought still?

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#2248017 - 01/17/04 09:09 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering one or two things. The green garden hose you have attached to the outside. I'd assume that's for introducing cool water into the condenser but i don't see a source of the water, just a loop in the tube that loops into two parts of the condenser. What's that green tube do then?

I finally got the jist of what you're doing.

>>why has the macerated one turned yellow?

I don't know. It's ground up and allowed to sit, more time for sugars and fats and things to come out.

>>you suggest not distilling the fluid in a homemade still? why? - the still cannot clog or build any real pressure -- also theres fire extinguishers around, and information on the process -- which is simple. would you feel different if this was a store bought still?

I wouldn't distill zippo fluid period.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2248076 - 01/17/04 10:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the garden hoses are used for the condenser. there is a sink directly to the right of the stove, and the hoses are running behind the stove like that to help keep the whole still propped up.

the HBWR were filtered and the liquid discarded. both tubes seed were emptied into a petri, added ethanol, and split back into 2 tubes. 6 hours later, they had absorbed a lot of the ethanol, and the seed rises almost halfway up the tubes. getting dark gold.

blue lotus was strained and the liquid emptied to petri -- evapped till 10ml, and bottled.

neuro -- why wouldn't you want to distill zippo fluid -- do you have pet. ether access, or something like that? theres a report that says the fluid leaves residue that does not go away -- figured it would be a lot cleaner having it distilled.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#2248093 - 01/17/04 10:32 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I forget the brand name(xylol or something like that?), but the xylene from home depot seems to be clean(evap on glass leaves no residue)......Im sure there are other nonpolars you could get otc and not have clean up at all......

But you do seem to know what you doing :smile:

Cant wait to see bioassay results  :grin:

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#2249466 - 01/17/04 11:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I looked at the other picture more closely and i can see that the setup was different than it looked before. I thought the green house was connected only to the condenser like a brige and was n't connected to the sink and draining as two separate hoses.

i don't use zippo fluid that's all and i think it could be dangerous to distill it. It's highly flammable and you'd have ot be wary of it's flash point.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2249927 - 01/18/04 04:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah -- thats what i thought -- it DOES sound dangerous -- but than again -- not much more dangerous than ethanol? heh -- it does have a much lower bp though i believe.
good advise man.

heres a shot of the 5 grams of blue lotus, after extraction, and the results after a few days. The Lotus pulp doesn't look so blue anymore. Around 12-13ml extract in the petri -- and 10 in the vial.

HBWR seeds in ethanol

2nd HBWR ethanol extraction on left - filtered contents of above vials on right, both sitting in some rue someone will extract. Far left is another 5g of Lotus extracting.

peace

Edited by plura16 (01/18/04 05:01 AM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#2250231 - 01/18/04 10:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

>>not much more dangerous than ethanol?

Ethanol has a BP of ~80C where as zippo fluid is much lower also ethanol has a higher flash point than zippo fluid, zippo fluid is highly more inflammable than EtOH.

Looking good so far. keep us updated.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2250319 - 01/18/04 11:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes, ethanol has a bp of 173F(172.94F) and a flash point of 138.2F

Naptha has a flash point of 122F - so it is lower -- but by the time it hits the condenser its all over -- good thing theres not much chance for ignition in the still before it condenses.(in my noobie opinion)

it is someones guess that naptha has a lower bp, along with the lower fp - so less heat would be required.

wonder what a flashback arrestor would do inline between the still and condensor.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#2250344 - 01/18/04 11:34 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

possibly, i'd distill zippo fluid or lower stuff, but just not on the stove or in a homemade still. I have a heated sand sack that i got it covered a distilliation flask nicely, and i can set the temp to nearly exactly wha ti want +/- 2C.

Doing shit on my kitchen stove i don't like, less control IMO.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2250857 - 01/18/04 04:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sounds interesting..

heres the final extract for the HBWR -- it ended up as around 6ml -- then 2 more ml of 75% eth was added to bring it to just over 8ml. the reason for this is that there were 16-17 seeds and figured 4 seeds worth per 2 cc vial.

4 2.cc vials were filled to around 1.90cc each and capped for later with just around .25cc remaining. have to report when they are used - along with the lotus.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom