Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMindgames
Stranger
First Time
    #2245898 - 01/16/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well tonight will be my first time trippin. I scored what is suppose to be 2 grams off from a friend of mine. I'm not sure if its 2 grams or not becuase I didnt have time for him to way it out in front of me but I believe that it is. It's goat long sten and half a cap it looks like. its probably about 5- 6 inches big and its dried with that description does that sount like 2 grams to you? Anyway, the one kid I was suppopse to trip with went away on vacation and I really wanna trip tonight. Do you guys reccomend me tripping alone?

thanks for your help.
peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: First Time [Re: Mindgames]
    #2245964 - 01/16/04 01:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

For your first time, I would reccomend you not trip alone. I know you're excited, but you are embarking on a new world of discovery and doing so alone could be very frightening if you've got no one to talk to or ask questions to.

Just my $0.02

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #2245975 - 01/16/04 01:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The first time I ever tripped was by myself, and I had a good time. I guess it really depends on your mindset and what kind of person you are. I am the type of person who spends a fair amount of time by myself and feel comfortable doing so. I know other types of people who need to be in contact with other people almost all the time. These kind of people probably wouldn't have a good time tripping alone. And like I said, it depends on your mindset at the time. Any time I feel doubts about tripping, I hold off until I feel more comfortable with the idea. I have learned from many years of experience that doubts can be my worst enemy while tripping. If you feel good about it though, then you should. Some of my most profound experiences have been shrooming alone. Turn the lights off, light some candles, put on some good music...

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: First Time [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2245994 - 01/16/04 01:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Good advice - nicechrisman!

Definitely see how you feel about the trip - if you're excited that's a good thing. Have you been reading up on info? That's good.

With my reply, I sort of made the assumption that you are totally new to the realm of mushrooms, but if you've been researching it and feel you are ready then by all means go nuts!

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2245999 - 01/16/04 01:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If you trip alone, it's your decision, but if you have a bad time you can't blame it on anyone or the mushrooms. You will probably have a better time if you trip with your friend if it's your first time, because its better to be lost in a forest with a friend, than alone. There are no maps in the mushroom world, so you must use eachother by communicating, asking questions and just going along for the ride.

I say wait for your friend, you'll be that much more excited to do them.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: First Time [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2246010 - 01/16/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nicechrisman said it perfect. My only advise to you (whenever it is you decide to trip) is don't have any expectations, it's never what you think it will be. And if at any point you get scared, just remember your on drugs.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineMindgames
Stranger
    #2246680 - 01/16/04 06:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No man. I've been reading up on mushrooms for months now. I know alot. I've read plenty of trip reports and such. I'm set and ready to go. I'll let you guys know how it went tomorrow.

--------------------
I'll see you on the darkside of the moon.

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

#2246725 - 01/16/04 07:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"No man. I've been reading up on mushrooms for months now. I know alot." That statement alone comeing from someone who doesnt know what two dry grams looks like scares me. "It's goat long sten and half a cap it looks like. its probably about 5- 6 inches big and its dried with that description does that sount like 2 grams to you?"

Good journey, and may the force be with you.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2246739 - 01/16/04 07:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I hope you have an amazing time, and if you're confident and comfortable I'm sure you will. I look forward to the report.

OfflineMindgames
Stranger
Re: First Time [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2248086 - 01/17/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Just because I didnt know what 2 grams looked like does not mean I don't know how mushrooms work and the sciences of them. I knew what I needed to know and ingested them with confidence and excitement. The power the mushroom can give to one is completely and utterly amazing. The trip it self is hard to explain. I didn't see full out visuals like a dragon flying next to my house or something didn't eat enough of it for that. To be honest I wanted to try mushrooms just for that fact. To see shit that wasen't real. I learned tonight that Mushrooms are much more then that. There a gateway, a force to knock down barriers and open doors that have not and can't be open with a mind without the mushrooms. I never thought so fast so hard in such a short amount of time in my life. Thoughts would come and I'd think about them hard and full but then another thought would come it was annoying at points but very enlighten. I can't wait till my next trip.

Edited by Mindgames (01/17/04 12:28 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2248099 - 01/17/04 12:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

see a dragon flying? I don't think that would happen, in my expiriance the visuals are cool, but they are always kind of the same, but diffrent. It's useually aztec stuff and jungle stuff, vines, snakes, mushrooms. I love mushroom visuals. A little pot makes them better. You also see distortions of objects around: smooth melting, warping, sifting, color changes, things are brighter more cartoonie. Last time I saw phish, I was on mushrooms and the light show was almost like a visual orgasm, it was so great. During the set break the suspended lights and speakers(?) that were hanging from the cealing started to slowly twist around. All the people kind of melted into each other and there was this floor area in the middle of the arena. When I focused on that, it started to kind of turn into a vortex, there was also this mushroom. That effect wasn't as intense, if I took more it would been.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time, remember that pot gose with mushrooms really well. It brings out the visuals more (it also changes the color shift from earthy colors to more rainbowy colors for me sometimes, weird), it kind of dulls the thoughts if they get too intense, getting high while on mushrooms is fucking nice haha. Smoke after you dose, right after, itr cuts down any pre-trip anxiety, it's kind of like, your stoned, then before you know it you get really high, REALLLY high. Smoking when the trip is winding down brings it back up.

That's enough of my stoned rambelings.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineMindgames
Stranger
    #2248101 - 01/17/04 12:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Also I saw really cool visuals when I closed my eyes and vivid images of places that were so vivid I could actually feel myself in that place. I loved it.

--------------------
I'll see you on the darkside of the moon.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2248110 - 01/17/04 12:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah cevs are pretty cool

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleshriek

#2249881 - 01/18/04 05:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ive seen a dragon once lol it turned out to be shadows tho :smile:

Offlinemaggot
its just a ride
Loc: London ON, Canada
Re: First Time [Re: shriek]
    #2251612 - 01/19/04 12:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

did u get scared at any point of the trip?

Invisibleshriek

Re: First Time [Re: maggot]
    #2251794 - 01/19/04 02:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

me? no

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: First Time [Re: shriek]
    #2252228 - 01/19/04 09:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Mindgames its great you had a good first time, may you have many more wonderful trips.

I have seen dragons in clouds before, that was pretty cool.

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #2252666 - 01/19/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My friends and I shroomed at an attraction park last summer. We met 2 persons we knew there (a boy and a girl) and I saw the girl as a dragon (cuz she's hella ugly) and the guy was the sun (cuz he has long curly blonde hair). I was so freaked out I tried to run away but bumped into a trash can and fell over. My friends were all puzzled, like "Wtf just happened? Why did he tried to run?" and I was on the ground laughing my ass off.

Good times, good times :smile:

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: First Time [Re: Oook]
    #2253189 - 01/19/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad you had a good trip, mindgames. Sounds like they really opened up a lot of new conciousness for you. That's awesome!

GDman420, I like your expaination of the Phish concert you shroomed at. I had a similar experience at the Gorge this summer. What show did you shroom at? I'm convinced that Phish's music is designed for shrooming the way the Dead are geared towards LSD. Maybe it just seems like it though.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience