Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
The wrong color.
    #2245719 - 01/16/04 10:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Alrighty. I got my first contam in awhile. My fault for bragging. It didn't ruin much, killed 8 1/2P of Argentine.

I useed 10CC syringe from a Shroomery vendor to knock up 8 1/2P jars, and some liquid Innoc.

On saturday I PC'ed the 8 jars, and transfered them in the usual manner to the holding suite, then I PC'ed the container of liquid innoc, and left it in the PC. This was on Saturday the 10th.

I was not able to return to afoaf's house until Monday night, however I figured Innoculation was fine to procede with.

I shot 3 1/2P sterlized the needed and shot the other 5 1/2P, sterilized again, and shot the final 2CC into the liquid innoc.

Thursday night the liquid Innoc is doing wonderful, better than I ever expected.

However the 8 1/2P ae all infected with a dark greenish/blueish fluff, all infections are directly at the point of innoculation.

I concluded the needle carried the infection in, because the disease starts right at the injection points, but I cannot conceive of why all 8 1/2P would have it, but not the Liquid Innoc?

Was it the 48 hours the jars sat waited to be hit?

Was it the fact that people go into the incubator to get the liquid to shake it? Meaning can exposure cause this type of contam?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: The wrong color. [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2245795 - 01/16/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There's a couple of things to think about. . .
1. The liquid and the 1/2 pts were sterilized separately. The 1/2 pts. could have been incompletely sterilized/improperly cooled.
2. The needle/innoculum could have been the culprit, and the mold just never took in the liquid innoculum because the medium is not as conducive to its growth.
Since the contamination seems to originate at the points of innoculation ONLY, this would lead more toward #2.
If you're normally not having these problems, I'd just rack it up to bad luck and do things as you have been. Random contamination happens with even the most careful cultivators.

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: The wrong color. [Re: Suntzu]
    #2245988 - 01/16/04 01:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am basically just trying to guess at what point this process shit the bed, and how to prevent it from happening in the future. Due to the liquid Innoculum I didn't lost the strain all together, but I NEVER want it to happen again.

The spore vendor I use is tops, and I am leaning towards the "my fault" approach.

Anyways this has taught me that I can be twice as careful in the future, and that failures SUCK THE DONKEY ASS.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum