Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts....
    #2242808 - 01/14/04 10:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well the thing is this.. I LOVE trippin, but I wear contacts most of the time. And when I wear contacts and I'm trippin the contacts start to piss my eyes off. Im wonderin if I should just wear glasses, but the only problem with that is for some reason I feel like I'm gonna focus on the rims around the glasses and the glare since I'm not used to wearing glasses at all and it bothers me even when I'm straight.

If your gonna tell me to just try glasses and if it aint any good put on contacts, that won't work because I will definetly poke my eye out putting contacts in on shrooms :smile: either that or I'd put the lense on my nose..

Ohh and has anyone with really blurry vision ever taken their glasses off while tripping and seen blurry hallucinations? for some reason i feel like taking your glasses off would stop visuals and would be a good cure for a bad trip if you couldn't see shit when you took em off..

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts.... [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2242826 - 01/14/04 10:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I hate my glasses. I can't stand them while I'm tripping, especially on salvia. They *really* piss me off bad.

I hate turning my head to face people so I can see them thru the lense clearly. The glare/rims etc are a burn.

I've taken my glasses off when tripping before and had perfect vision :crazy2: whoa.. quite interesting to say the least.

I just take em off. I'm usually tripping in the dark, outside at night, or low lighting. It's not like I'm trying to focus or anything, and the visuals  are clear with them on/off.

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts.... [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2242832 - 01/14/04 10:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I wear glasses and contacts regulary, but more often glasses. I've never tripped with contacts in for the fear of the reason you described already. Glasses have never bothered me - the rims have never been a problem, and glare isn't an issue either. Unless your glasses are really uncomfortable, or really dirty you shouldn't have a problem.

One time I was tripping with 2 people in an apt. and I was lying on the ground. Another mentioned we (she also wore glasses) should take our glasses off. While listening to Radiohead I was getting wild closed eyed visuals, and when I opened my eyes I saw the same geometric patterns and Aztec art I saw all around me as I had seen on my eyelids. Just give it a shot - but the main thing is that I think you'll be fine with your glasses.

Invisiblepanamared
State of Mind

Loc: Panama
Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts... [Re: Euphoria]
    #2242944 - 01/14/04 11:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

unfortunatly i dont have contacts so i wear glasses 100% of the time, well atleast when im not sleeping. personally ive never taken my glasses off while shrooming so im not entirely sure about that but wearing glasses while shrooming won't change your trip and chances are you probably won't focus on the rims of your glasses but will focus on the psychedelicness hehehe ;] hope that helps, best of luck to ya

--------------------
shrug dot aboleo dot net

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2242959 - 01/14/04 11:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

maybe you should get some new and better contacts?
i dunno i have contacts and they have NEVER bothered me

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2243649 - 01/15/04 09:18 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I love wearing my glasses while experiencing altered states of being. I am a really blind person, but thanks to new technologies, they have been able to make fairly thin lenses for my prescription. The way they do it has something to do with curving the lenses, which results in amazing prisms reflecting off the edges of the lenses in my peripherial vision. Crazy enough normally, simply amazing whilst tripping. If anybody out there is equally blind (-7 in contact strength!), I'd recommend getting some of these special thin lenses and giving it a try.

Krishna

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2243750 - 01/15/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

sometimes I go without glasses or contacts, which turns out fine because i realize how little I actually need to see

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLawrence
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada, Qc
    #2243786 - 01/15/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I always wear contacts during shroom trip w/o problems.
It's realy weird to remove contacts will triping !

OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts.... [Re: Lawrence]
    #2244278 - 01/15/04 02:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ya when i touch my eyes while tripping its like i cant feel my eyes and im afraid im gonna put too much pressure on em hehe..

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

OfflineBigNerd
Sociable loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: local elementary school
    #2244353 - 01/15/04 02:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I wear contacts or glasses constantly, can't see without 'em.  I've tripped in both, but usually end up with neither.  :grin:  I've never had a problem with the contacts because of the tripping, but they do tend to dry out and irritate my eyes at the end of the day, so I usually try to wear my glasses if I trip at night.  Not being able to see anything basically makes OEV's look like CEV's.  It's very cool, especially since I have pretty bad night-glare.  Fractals and pixels everywhere!

BigNerd

--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #2244498 - 01/15/04 04:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/08/07 12:08 AM)

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #2245126 - 01/15/04 09:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My spectacles have never bothered me during a trip. I've been wearing glasses since the age of 6 at least. They are almost a part of me now.

One time, i've lost my glasses on an ego loss trip. I remember it feeling a bit 'off' that i could only see things clear when i went close to them. When i did go glose, everything was composed of very very tiny swirls of colors.

I wasnt paying too much attention to visuals tho, to say the least.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineLa_La_Land
PF Teker

Loc: Canada
    #2245838 - 01/16/04 10:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I always trip with my contacts in, they never bother me. I wear the new night & day ones from focus though. They are highly recommended, far and away the most comfortable lens I have ever worn, plus you can sleep in em! They are kinda pricey, but well worth it IMO.

--------------------
"If you don't do it this year, you'll just be one year older when you do."

-Warren Miller

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2246002 - 01/16/04 11:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've worn glasses for years, and always trip with them on (I hate contacts). It might be a little strange if your not used to wearing them, I'd suggest wear them for at least a few hours before dosing to become accustomed to them. As for taking them off while tripping, yeah shit gets blurry and it's kind of fun.....it certainly dosn't stop you from tripping though. You will still be tripping nuts, your vision is just blurry.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2246053 - 01/16/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I wear contact lenses and have always tripped with them in. I dont even feel them, tripping or sober.

Do you have soft contact lenses? If not maybe that's why they bother you?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts.... [Re: Ginseng]
    #2246506 - 01/16/04 03:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

soft lenses are DEFINITELY the way to go - I think hard lenses are "on the way out"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offline73D
Loc: southern CA
    #2246516 - 01/16/04 03:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I trip out so much more when I take my glasses off.  When everything is blurry, it's like my mind has more freedom to imagine wierd things happening :mushroom2:

--------------------
Religion is the devil.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts.... [Re: 73D]
    #2246529 - 01/16/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That's true - the fuzziness, during the peak, can turn into very sharp, very defined hallucinations that make it looks like you're viewing things with super-vision as opposed to super-FUZZY-vision... naturally, this isn't the case; its all hallucinations but it sure is cool :smile:

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2261071 - 01/21/04 08:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

this one really bad trip i had, i jumped naked off a boardwalk into shallow water (broke my ankle too), and i'm floating in there, people trying to get me to come back up. i take off my glasses, look at them, say "I hate these things" and throw them far away into the water. That's one of the parts I remember (there aren't many). I got them back. But goddamn did I hate those fucking glasses. It's cause I hate glasses sober though. I'm so dependent on them. GODDAMNIT. I'd do eyesurgery, but I have to wait for my eyes to stabilize. And regardless, I'm a little nervous about it. Don't professionals fuck up too? Anywho, yea, thats my story about glasses and tripping :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineRequiem
More Better

Loc: Hangin' out on the Sealab
Re: Trippin' on shrooms while wearing Glasses or Contacts... [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2262652 - 01/22/04 11:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If it at night I'll go with glasses, only because I hate to sleep with contacts in. But during the day contacts all the way.
Also, if you do wear glasses don't sit them down. I did once and I couldn't remember where I left them.

--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom