Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Interesting story on Clark.
    #2244415 - 01/15/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

WES CLARK MADE CASE FOR IRAQ WAR BEFORE CONGRESS; TRANSCRIPT REVEALED

**World Exclusive**

Two months ago Democratic hopeful Wesley Clark declared in a debate that he has always been firmly against the current Iraq War.

"I've been very consistent... I've been against this war from the beginning," the former general said in Detroit on October 26.

"I was against it last summer, I was against it in the fall, I was against it in the winter, I was against it in the spring. And I'm against it now."

But just six month prior in an op-ed in the LONDON TIMES Clark offered praise for the courage of President Bush's action.

"President Bush and Tony Blair should be proud of their resolve in the face of so much doubt," Clark wrote on April 10, 2003. "Can anything be more moving than the joyous throngs swarming the streets of Baghdad? Memories of the fall of the Berlin Wall, and the defeat of Milosevic in Belgrade flood back. Statues and images of Saddam are smashed and defiled."

MORE

Even the most ardent Clark supporter will question if Clark's current and past stand on the Iraq war -- is confusion or deception, after the DRUDGE REPORT reveals:

TWO WEEKS BEFORE CONGRESS PASSED THE IRAQ CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION WESLEY CLARK MADE THE CASE FOR WAR; TESTIFIED THAT SADDAM HAD 'CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS'

Less than 18 months ago, Wesley Clark offered his testimony before the Committee On Armed Services at the U.S. House Of Representatives.

"There's no requirement to have any doctrine here. I mean this is simply a longstanding right of the United States and other nations to take the actions they deem necessary in their self defense," Clark told Congress on September 26, 2002.

"Every president has deployed forces as necessary to take action. He's done so without multilateral support if necessary. He's done so in advance of conflict if necessary. In my experience, I was the commander of the European forces in NATO. When we took action in Kosovo, we did not have United Nations approval to do this and we did so in a way that was designed to preempt Serb ethnic cleansing and regional destabilization there. There were some people who didn' t agree with that decision. The United Nations was not able to agree to support it with a resolution."

Clark continued: "There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we."

More Clark: "And, I want to underscore that I think the United States should not categorize this action as preemptive. Preemptive and that doctrine has nothing whatsoever to do with this problem. As Richard Perle so eloquently pointed out, this is a problem that's longstanding. It's been a decade in the making. It needs to be dealt with and the clock is ticking on this."

Clark explained: "I think there's no question that, even though we may not have the evidence as Richard [Perle] says, that there have been such contacts [between Iraq and al Qaeda]. It' s normal. It's natural. These are a lot of bad actors in the same region together. They are going to bump into each other. They are going to exchange information. They're going to feel each other out and see whether there are opportunities to cooperate. That's inevitable in this region, and I think it's clear that regardless of whether or not such evidence is produced of these connections that Saddam Hussein is a threat."

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: Interesting story on Clark. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2244424 - 01/15/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think that it's very interesting to see what leading democrats, both now and under the Clinton administration, had to say about the invasion of and the presence of "wmd"s in Iraq.

--------------------
Opinions are like assholes; everyone needs one or else they'd explode

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Interesting story on Clark. [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2244432 - 01/15/04 05:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's amusing seeing the swings their statements take.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Interesting story on Clark. [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2244446 - 01/15/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"If it should come to military action, the kind of campaign that would be undertaken would be significant. It would be far more than what has been experienced in the past, certainly since the Persian Gulf War."

- sec. of defense donald cohen, 1998

"Iraq remains a serious threat to
international peace and security,"

"Iraq's refusal to cooperate with UNSCOM and the IAEA is totally
unacceptable; Iraq must meet its international obligations,"

"The cornerstone of U.S. policy is to contain Iraq and prevent it from
threatening regional peace and security"

"Iraq's refusal to cooperate with UNSCOM and the IAEA is totally
unacceptable; Iraq must meet its international obligations. In the
first instance, the Council and the Secretary General must respond
effectively to Iraq's flagrant challenge to their authority. We are
working with Council members to ensure that there is a clear, united
and forceful U.N. response to Iraq's actions. If the Council fails to
persuade the Iraqi regime to resume cooperation, all other options are
on the table."

- some excerpts from a 1998 letter from bill clinton to congress

you can read the full text of the letter here:
http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1998/09/98090301_npo.html

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Interesting story on Clark. [Re: ]
    #2244455 - 01/15/04 05:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

DEAN SUPPORTED UNILATERAL ACTION IN BOSNIA, NOT IN IRAQ

Imagine this...hypocrisy on the left. Back in 1995 when he was Governor of Vermont, Howard Dean wrote a letter to President Clinton urging him to take unilateral action against the Bosnian Serbs because the UN and NATO had been a "failure." The compassionate Dr. Dean was very concerned about the lives being lost in Bosnia: "If we ignore these behaviors, no matter where they occur, our moral fiber as a people becomes weakened."

Apparently what's good for the goose is not good for the gander, because "no matter where they occur" does not include Iraq, where Saddam Hussein personally oversaw the mass slaughter of his own people. Howard Dean completely opposed unilateral action in Iraq, instead saying we should rely on the United Nations and the international community. I guess his positions vary with the occupant of the White House.

And what about his argument that Saddam Hussein was not a threat to the United States? Surely the Bosnian Serbs were no direct threat to the United States. Yet while Dr. Dean thought Clinton could not stand idly by in Bosnia, he would have no problem overlooking Saddam as he filled up his mass graves.

Nice work, Governor. No wonder you want to keep your records secret.

Link

--------------------

OfflineAnarkhos
Without a Ruler
    #2244793 - 01/15/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Imagine that, another two-faced lying bastard running for president. Will wonders never cease?

--------------------
No masters, no servants.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2245190 - 01/16/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

are bosnia and iraq really comprable in
circumstance and magnitude?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

Re: Interesting story on Clark. [Re: afoaf]
    #2245978 - 01/16/04 01:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

are bosnia and iraq really comprable in circumstance and magnitude?

i'd say no.

ba'ath iraq was a far greater threat to national security, a far worse humanitarian nightmare, a bigger threat to the stability of the world economy, and was in violation of its cease-fire agreement.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Interesting story on Clark. [Re: ]
    #2246415 - 01/16/04 05:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion