Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
irritablity and bliss
    #2244081 - 01/15/04 02:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ever notice things are less annoying when you're less irritable? I've noticed that irritability and bliss are opposites. An extension of this is to say thinking dually and thinking oneness are opposites, but the yin-yang is one circle, apparently you can see it as a circle and yin/yang, not just as one or the other, you can also not choose to see it at all, but you've already seen it. ignorance is bliss, but sometimes if you think about it right you can get into the blissful state and still think in duality. Are you attached to associating it one way or another, or are you even associating?

I remember once when I was in 6th grade and I was kicked out of the class and sitting in the hall, a girl was sitting across from me who was also kicked out of class, she had a paper which rested on the floor and she kept poking her pencil through it and it made a not so hard to imagine sound. I noticed I didn't mind the sound, actually I became fond of the sound. While listening I notice myself slipping into a blissful state, I almost fell asleep but then she went back into class.

I can't help but wonder what if I had something against that girl? What if I was attached to negative feelings about her, would I still be in a blissful state due to her compulsion or would I be annoyed? Well I can tell you the times I am annoyed it is either because of attached feelings of negativity toward the other, it can be for another reason but I think it always has to do with association. If I had good feelings or none at all associated with the sound or maker of the sound (replace sound with stimulii if you will) it is much easier to enter a blissful state.

I wonder why I get a better body high from techno than from any other form of music? I think it's because it's abstract, no or close to no association.

So the questions, to see things the way they really is(are), is it neccessary to be free of attachment, or free of association, or both, or neither?

Are you attached to associating it one way or another, or should you even associate(detachment)? Can you associate without being attached or be attached without associating (I know it's possible but is it productive or opposite)?

Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: irritablity and bliss [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2244791 - 01/15/04 08:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So the questions, to see things the way they really is(are), is it neccessary to be free of attachment, or free of association, or both, or neither?

Things as they really are? Many things are open to interpretation and do not contain universal meaning. People run into this pitfall when dealing with music, art, literature...

"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology