Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
ACLU offers to help Limbaugh
    #2239533 - 01/13/04 02:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Things like this make me happy. Rush Limbaugh's old adversary, the ACLU has offered to help him. This may be the first step towards world peace......

Story

ACLU Offers Help to Limbaugh

The director of the American Civil Liberties Union in Florida says he wants to help number one talk radio host Rush Limbaugh keep his medical records away from the prying eyes of Democratic Party prosecutors.

''I don't know if Rush Limbaugh wants the help of the ACLU, but I intend to call his attorney on Friday,'' ACLU executive director Howard L. Simon told the Miami Herald on Thursday.

Simon said he was prompted to join the case based on what looks like a blatant invasion of privacy by prosecutors who are looking to substantiate claims that the top talker was "doctor shopping" to obtain prescription painkillers.

''Medical records are a lot different than looking at your office or searching your automobile,'' he told the Herald. "There is nothing that is more intrusive to your privacy.''

On Wednesday a Florida judge ordered the records resealed pending an appeal by Limbaugh's attorneys, after ruling two days earlier that State's Attorney Barry Krischer could review them.

Krischer is a Democrat who strongly backed former Attorney General Janet Reno when she was tapped by Hillary Clinton in 1993.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: Learyfan]
    #2239638 - 01/13/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Nice to see the ACLU doesn't hold grudges and is truly dedicated to civil liberties.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: silversoul7]
    #2239743 - 01/13/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah.

It's nice to see the left extending a helping hand to the far right. Maybe Rush will go easy on them from now on.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2239759 - 01/13/04 04:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe Rush will go easy on them from now on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2239862 - 01/13/04 05:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe Rush will go easy on them from now on.

I hope not.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2239870 - 01/13/04 05:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

why is the ACLU a "leftist" organization?

I've always th ought of them as Libertarian.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2239947 - 01/13/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They defend the Constitution. That's about as conservative as you can get in America.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: silversoul7]
    #2240393 - 01/13/04 08:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They defend individual rights, using the constitution as a tool (not to mention judicial precedent)

Sure, its a crappy tool for the job, but I say, in lack of a phillips screwdriver, a flathead is better than no screwdriver at all.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2241363 - 01/14/04 10:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Rush is loaded. No way he's accept, or even need help from the ACLU.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2243434 - 01/15/04 06:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Rush is no less than the worst kind of hypocrit unless he demands that the book be thrown at him over this.

The ACLU is a liberal organization, and I'm an ex-member because of shit like this. There are so many things out there my money can go towards... so much inustice in the world, and I'll be damned if I'm sending a check to an organization that works to help Nazis or people like Rush. They deserve rights as much as anyone else, but that doesn't mean I want to contribute to helping them out when the bastards wouldn't help Ralph Nader when he asked them personally when he was illegally removed from a 2000 debate arena just for being Ralph Nader.

ACLU does do some very good things like fight the PATRIOT ACT, which I don't think anyone here likes (especially since the conservatives here seem to have libertarian leanings) but last year they went after the boy scouts... what the hell is that about?

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2243777 - 01/15/04 10:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They're not offering help because they think he's guilty or innocent, they're offering help because the Govt. is trying to get his medical records (actually they already have them and have seen them). This is a violation of his civil rights, you do think that Rush has civil rights, right? If you quit the organization because of "shit like this" maybe the organization is better off.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2243905 - 01/15/04 11:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Sure, its a crappy tool for the job, but I say, in lack of a phillips screwdriver, a flathead is better than no screwdriver at all. "

Funny you should mention the phillips screw. It's actually a piece of shit, and there is a much better alternative, the robertson, which was invented before it. The robertson is a square head, it never strips, and will stay on the end of a screwdriver, even if you hold it upside down. It's commonly used in Canada but not the US due to patent politics or something at the time.

Anyways, I get the impression the ACLU is doing this because of some idiocy Rush was spewing in their direction in the past.

Also, has Rush commented on how this meshes with his previous statements that drug users all belong in jail?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: Phluck]
    #2243927 - 01/15/04 11:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think Rush has commented on his hypocracy concerning drug users. He claims that he had a right to use the pills, blah blah blah.

The reason I made this thread was because I heard about the ACLU's offer to defend Limbaugh on "Countdown With Keith Olberman". Olberman brought up some statements Limbaugh as made in the past concerning the ACLU. The point of Limbaugh's statements was that he didn't think people have the right to privacy when it comes to medical records.

Now he wants his privacy.

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#2243970 - 01/15/04 12:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Since we are talking about screwdrivers.. Did you know the Philips Head was invented by the owner of a car manufaturer because his workers were screwing in the screws too tight? The Philips head naturally comes out of the screw when it is in enough.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #2243982 - 01/15/04 12:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, he was a travelling salesman, but it was intended for that purpose.

(I just saw a documentary on screws the other week)

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2243993 - 01/15/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I drink screwdrivers
:smile: :smile: :smile:

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2244007 - 01/15/04 12:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've been told I have a screw loose.  :smirk:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: Edame]
    #2244107 - 01/15/04 12:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quite possibly more than one.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU offers to help Limbaugh [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2244195 - 01/15/04 01:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The ACLU is a civil libertarian organization. They fight for everyone's civil liberties, not just people they like. My dad told me about one case where the American Nazi Party was trying to hold a rally, but the city refused to let them. The ACLU took up the case, and one of their attourneys(a JEWISH attourney at that) won the case for them. Then at that same rally, the same attourney who made that rally possible was outside protesting it.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2244264 - 01/15/04 02:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Square head screws are used often in the us.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom