Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeachbum2
I'd request...velvet shank?
    #22436995 - 10/26/15 05:58 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Just wondering if these are velvet shanks...white spore print, ring around the stem and a purple ring around the edges of the cap..smaller size barely a inch standing up. (The other velvet shanks I found on the Web were bigger tho,maybe these are a genus of the velvet.) Anyways they were found on decaying wood bout a foot above a little stream. I know valets are not nothing special,just trying to get an idea bout the mushrooms in my area (814)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebeachbum2
Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: beachbum2]
    #22437073 - 10/26/15 06:20 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Not trying be all dramatic but what's with this awesome members thing..after reading that I fill like complete dip s**t...I was never trying to be awesome nor impress anybody. Way to make awesome people fill weird bout there awesomeness. I'm good on this site I'll find another.

--------------------

OfflineGroo
sola dosis facit venenum
 User Gallery

#22437158 - 10/26/15 06:40 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Beach. What are you talking about. Any new person that dosen't immediately pop in here without reading a single rule and say something like (WHO HAS SOME DROOOGAZ 4 SALLEY?") Is awesome in my book!!!

OfflineShroomin Capote
Prog Head
Male

Loc: Aural Plane
    #22437173 - 10/26/15 06:43 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I'd guess it's some type of galerina , but I'm not totally sure

--------------------
:leaf::leaf:

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
    #22437417 - 10/26/15 07:45 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

beachbum2 said:
Not trying be all dramatic but what's with this awesome members thing..after reading that I fill like complete dip s**t...I was never trying to be awesome nor impress anybody. Way to make awesome people fill weird bout there awesomeness. I'm good on this site I'll find another.

this post makes me be all 'what da fuck?!' while still wanting to hear more.  yes, what IS with this awesome members thing?  i've never heard of it and don't wanna miss out on any awesomeness.  bring on the awesome overload, members.

OfflineGroo
sola dosis facit venenum
 User Gallery

Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: relic]
    #22437436 - 10/26/15 07:51 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Relic. I think its the fact that we are both your nick name that we do not understand this awesomeness thing. The highest level of awesome. Is being awesome when you don't even know what being awesome means. Damn Whittpersnappers.

Invisibleo8u
Taxa Collector
Other User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #22437438 - 10/26/15 07:51 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah they are Galerinas, compare with Galerina marginata. They most likely contain deadly toxins.

OfflineLost Geometer B
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #22437491 - 10/26/15 08:01 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

relic said:

this post makes me be all 'what da fuck?!' while still wanting to hear more.  yes, what IS with this awesome members thing?  i've never heard of it and don't wanna miss out on any awesomeness.  bring on the awesome overload, members.

For serious. The only thing I can think of is that list of guidelines for newbies, which really didn't strike me as overreaching. And I'm an anarchist. Usually I'm the first to be pissed off by rules. Maybe I'm getting old.

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
    #22437509 - 10/26/15 08:06 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

beachbum2 said:

I'm curious what you're referring to? At MH&I we generally try to make everyone feel welcome as long as they are respectful and willing to learn and if there's something that made you feel unwelcome we would like to address that.

OfflineGroo
sola dosis facit venenum
 User Gallery

Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: doctorghosty]
    #22437520 - 10/26/15 08:10 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

search awesomeness on search bar

:awesome: You have to be at least 18 years of age to become awesome on this website.
If you post that you are 14 or 15 years old your ban notice will inform you how many years it will take before we let you have a shot at awesomeness. Seriously, do not joke about being underage, we are required to take that very seriously.

:awesome: Awesome members post entertaining and informative posts in the appropriate forums.
If you post about your drunk night out in the Mushroom Cultivation forum, generally the mods will inform you you were not being awesome.

:awesome: Awesome members use proper grammar and punctuation, and paragraph their post every few lines with an empty line.
We have members of many nationalities for whom English is not their first language, so be clear. More than a few of our members will read your post while high, tired, stoned or otherwise concentration impaired, and experience teaches us that unparagraphed posts will not be read by most.

:awesome: Awesome members generally post when they have something to say.
Nothing to add? Then please don't.

:awesome: Awesome members don't try to be awesome, they just are.
Trying too hard works as well on a message board as it does in wanting to get laid.

:awesome: Awesome members use the Shroomery Search Engine if they have reasonable suspicion their question has been asked and answered before.
We have millions of ontopic posts, most things you immediately think of have immediately been thought of many times before.

:awesome: Awesome members don't freak out in a rage or other episode because of reasonable criticism and have a good tolerance of frustration.
If you are too emotional to post, do yourself a big favor and wait a few minutes before you post. Many bans are caused by heat-of-the-moment posts that break rules.

:awesome: Awesome members don't come here to plug a website or product or a particular point of view.
They come here to take part in an online community.

:awesome: Awesome members don't cuss, call bad names or act out bigotry in the ontopic forums.
In the off-topic forum such discourse will not be out of place and we have a crew of experts there which is both qualified and able to critique your approach and inspect it for general awesomeness to the standards of that particular forum.

:awesome: Awesome members don't use the Shroomery as a way to commit illegal acts.
Stick to the rules and stay within the law, so no trading pot seeds in PM's.

:awesome: Awesome members are told they are Awesome, they do not themselves insist they are.
See: trying too hard.

:awesome: Awesome members realize the limitations of Freedom of Speech.
The Shroomery Message Board is not a country you live in, its a private organization you visit for information, socializing and entertainment, and as such the staff determines and enforces what's a go and what's a no in each of the forums.

:awesome: Awesome members rarely get a temporary ban and when they do they do not try to evade it.
The overwhelming majority of members, like 90-95%, never gets a ban sanction EVER. If you do, do your best to avoid getting any more of them - by cleaning up your act.

:awesome: Awesome members do not involve the Shroomery in suicide attempts or victimizing criminal acts.
911 has been called on members, authorities informed and personal information including addresses have been made public in the most urgent of such emergencies.

:awesome: Awesome members realize that the staff are volunteer workers chosen from the membership for their dedication to the community and their expertise.
Even if you disagree with some of them some of the time, realize that the staff is what makes the Shroomery possible. If you disagree with all of them all of the time, please leave.

:awesome: Awesome members make the Shroomery a better place.
Treat them well, just like they tend to treat others.

:awesome: Awesomeness begets Awesomeness.
You will reap what you sow, plus any number of other things depending on the forum you do the sowing in.

Edited by Groo (10/26/15 08:12 PM)

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: Groo]
    #22437533 - 10/26/15 08:15 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, that really begs the question why someone would search "awesomeness"

InvisibleAkhkharu
Male

Loc: Ohio
    #22437720 - 10/26/15 09:08 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

beachbum2 said:

Bruh, you need to smoke some reefer and chill...

Shroomery is the single largest collection of minds to identify mushrooms for people who would otherwise attempt to do so themselves and likely kill themselves in the process. If even one life was saved by these"awesome members" then they're efforts were well worth it. The difference between someone tossing out a mushroom and dying from eating a deadly mushroom can be one comment on a post.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: Groo]
    #22437902 - 10/26/15 09:41 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Groo said:
search awesomeness on search bar
<snip>

awesome work, Groo.

my awesomeness quotient is much too low; i need to work on that, but have to figure out how to do so w/out being obvious that i'm trying much harder.

OP: methinks you took that posting guideline the wrong way, but without explanation we'll never know for sure.  best of luck, mate.

Offlinebeachbum2
    #22438787 - 10/27/15 03:06 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Asante p.m a link to me,an that was one of the threads in the link. I was curious an read it. I wasn't looking it up intentionally.

An the reason I overreacted was because the one comment in the link mention something about trying to hard at being awesome. An from the way I been posting it's seems like to me I been trying to hard. An then I thought wow these guys must think I'm a loser for trying to dam hard.But yeah I got carried away with that. Me a so sorry

Edited by beachbum2 (10/27/15 03:45 AM)

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #22439039 - 10/27/15 06:07 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

No worries OP, I would probably be cheesed off if somebody sent that to me too. We like it when people try hard here.

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: doctorghosty]
    #22439126 - 10/27/15 07:12 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Back to the mushrooms he posted....I, for sure thought galerina too but he said white spore print....not sure if it was an awesome print though.:shrug:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

OfflineLost Geometer B
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #22439472 - 10/27/15 09:48 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Something seems wrong. White spores, ring, non-toothed, attached gills, smooth cap and growth on wood is a really bizarre combination. Flammulina doesn't have a ring. Can you double check the spore color?

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: I'd request...velvet shank? [Re: Lost Geometer B]
    #22439483 - 10/27/15 09:51 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

there's no way that had a white spore print, those are Galerina marginata without a doubt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale