Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Why dont people do this? (pics)
    #2242654 - 01/14/04 08:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Whenever I do bulk I allways pasturize my bulk weather it be straw or poo and I pasturize verm at the same time. Then once cooled I take a 3 1/2 gallon rubbermaid whip it with alcohol and place a layer of verm about an inch (keeps from fruiting on the bottom and adds water to the casing when it needs it it takes it it also makes a place for the piss it produces to run off and absorb the verm helps a ton) Then I place the substrate in and mix the colinized WBS and wait for it to colinize so I can case it. The rubbermaid is tall enough so its a self contained deal. You dont need perlite and all that other crap just need to fan 3 times a day and mist ever now and then. And have in a tub in tub. This way all your casings are seperate so if one contams its not right next to a good one. I have tried other methods but by far this is the best.
So does anyone do this? And if not start it works wonders.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: Why dont people do this? [Re: fee]
    #2242674 - 01/14/04 08:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you need to be more clear and concise! how can they be seperate if your saying this is all done in the same bin???

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: Why dont people do this? [Re: beanchild]
    #2242687 - 01/14/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

so does this mean you have several rubbermaids to keep seperate?? how are you keeping things seperate?

Anonymous

Re: Why dont people do this? [Re: beanchild]
    #2242688 - 01/14/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

One casing per rubbermaid with the lid on makes it self contained. The hummidity that the casing produces gives off more than enough. And as for the side of the substrate seeing the light at first I would wrap it in like 4 layers of duct tape but that is a pain in the ass so I dont do that anymore I just let it fruit thier. On the first flush its kida hard to pick them but you can and on the second flush the substrate pulls away enough you can pick them easy. Are thier any more Q's I would be happy to answer

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Why dont people do this? *DELETED* [Re: fee]
    #2242698 - 01/14/04 08:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by S_2

Reason for deletion: This post was made by someone who isn't me.

Anonymous

Re: Why dont people do this? [Re: Adden]
    #2242723 - 01/14/04 08:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

see how it pulls away

this is one with two casings in it

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Why dont people do this? [Re: fee]
    #2243016 - 01/14/04 11:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Many people do it this way, just alot of people dont like the fanning aspect (3 times a day) cause they are either lazy or dont like the contam rates they get with this method. BUt it is very effective and many people do it.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

Anonymous

Re: Why dont people do this? (pics) [Re: fee]
    #2243482 - 01/15/04 07:49 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

while I agree with you that this method is good I don't think those pics help to prove your point...those aren't exactly amazing flushes :/

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: Why dont people do this? (pics) [Re: ]
    #2243594 - 01/15/04 08:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

True. This is how I started, and what got me hooked was that first big B+ (over 17 inches tall - 2nd flush). I went Martha Stewart style due to lack of space. But if you have the room, you can grow some absolute monsters this way.
However, my pinsets never seemed to be as full as those I get in smaller containers.
Maybe it was lack of experience - anyone else have better pinsets with smaller casing containers?

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2243657 - 01/15/04 09:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I like those indoor garden rack things better. Although my old set-up was pretty much this exact same thing.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Why dont people do this? (pics) [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2243896 - 01/15/04 11:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have had some really great flushes those where the first ones I ever did. I did the same setup with a 35 gallon rubbermaid and one the first 3 flushes you couldent even see the casing layer. I patched like 5 times with that amazing casing. The first flush alone weighed just over 6 ounces dry. To me that was down right amazing and ever since I have been trying to repeat that but 2 times whith that big of a casing contamed on the second flush so now im back to the 3 and 1/2 gallon rubbermaids. Once I get another casing going again I will post a pick of the pinset. I am pretty damn good at casings. They come out just like all other good casings that were patched. And I do agree that those wherent good pinsets but thats all I had for pics

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #2243920 - 01/15/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The last time this guy I know attempted a bulk project, water pooled on his poop continuously for about a week and a half or so. Would a simple verm layer on the bottom work to leech out this excess moisture? Thanks.
-Che

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Why dont people do this? (pics) [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #2243930 - 01/15/04 11:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That could help; drainage holes can help, too.... Of course adjusting the water content (i.e. misting less) is the way to solve the problem.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Anonymous

Re: Why dont people do this? (pics) [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #2243934 - 01/15/04 11:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you have too tip the casing so the water will drain one way and then make a space between the casing and the cotainer its in so it will go to the bottom and it will soak it up. After the first flush the casing shrinks so all you have to do is tip it so it runs off into the verm also with this bottom layer you can take some steralized water and put it down the side (after the first flush) and the verm will soak it up and then when it fruits it has all of that water availible for the shrooms and they grow alot bigger atleast when I did this it made a big noticable differnce

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2244075 - 01/15/04 12:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

When I need to re-moisten a dry casing, I like to mist, and in addition use an empty syringe to inject water down into the substrate (spawn) level.

Not 100% sure this helps anything, but it makes me feel like I am trying.

--------------------

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #2244084 - 01/15/04 12:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

This guy I know will have to try that. Thanks, all :grin:.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Anonymous

#2244360 - 01/15/04 02:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

point taken man....I wasn't trying to insult you or anything....I'm sure you've gotten great results using tubs.....I'm planning to try some tubs soon as well.. giant millet casings tho not bulk(was planning before this thread)...be sure to post some pics of the great flushes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds