Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycoTao
Intrepid Psychonaut
Male

Not sure what to do here.
    #22435676 - 10/26/15 11:51 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I spawned 2 tubs almost 3 weeks ago atound the same time I did a spawn run. Something in my math must have just been off that day because both my rye and my substrate were way too wet.
I'm guessing this led to a bacterial contamination because one of my tubs is pinning and one is knotting up pretty fierce. Here is the one that is pinning.

I am wondering what I should do with these tubs. I had planned on casing them, but I don't know how that will work out with the sub being partially uncolonized. Anybody have any tips on how to fruit these or are they just another wasted spawn?

--------------------
"The notion of illegal plants is obnoxious and ridiculous..."
Terrence McKenna

"A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral."
Leo Tolstoy

Edited by MycoTao (10/26/15 02:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Alien
I will abduct andprobe your anus
 User Gallery

Loc: Star Wars Galaxy
Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: MycoTao]
    #22435701 - 10/26/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Usually when a substrate pins without being 100% colonized it indicates contamination. I'd say if is bacterial just keep fruiting them, I've fruited bacterials substrates before and is ok.

OfflineYaMoonSun
The Double Standard

Loc: NY
    #22435703 - 10/26/15 11:58 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Are those pins? I'd say wait it out, and just hold back on misting until that water gets used up. If you see any green toss it. If you see anything gross, take pics and post them in this thread :goodluck:

It doesn't stink, does it?

InvisibleMycoTao
Intrepid Psychonaut
Male

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: YaMoonSun]
    #22435755 - 10/26/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

These are limited genetics KSSS tubs and those are most assuredly pins. (Close look in the 2nd pic).

It doesnt smell bad at all which is odd for a bacterial sub but I guess it could just be too wet and not contaminated yet. I'm wondering if mixing my casing layer a little dry and applying it now will help soak up some of the extra water while the casing layer gets colonized... just spitballing really, hoping someone with experience in this sort of blunder can give me some direction.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

"A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral."
Leo Tolstoy

OfflineSadMuff
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22436285 - 10/26/15 02:35 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

You need to try the patch method. Patch the faster growing areas with more casing until the entire thing is even with mycelium. Some areas grow faster than others.

OfflineSadMuff
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: SadMuff]
    #22436294 - 10/26/15 02:37 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

And yeah that's way too much humidity or water forming on that.. I would just case the layer again.

InvisibleMycoTao
Intrepid Psychonaut
Male

#22436343 - 10/26/15 02:52 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

That is just substrate... no casing yet. But I was figuring on having to patch with the way it is colonizing...

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Leo Tolstoy

OfflineYaMoonSun
The Double Standard

Loc: NY
    #22436410 - 10/26/15 03:12 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps leave it uncased until the myc absorbs that water; Also how do you have 4 shrooms from a 5 shroom rating? :shrug:

InvisibleJacobStorm
psychedelic cartel
I'm a teapot

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: YaMoonSun]
    #22436452 - 10/26/15 03:21 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

YaMoonSun said:; Also how do you have 4 shrooms from a 5 shroom rating? :shrug:

Yeah he has one 5 star rating and has 4/5 wtf?

Also just wanted to fallow this. OP keep it updated. Pleeaaaseee.

--------------------
Rogger Rabbits Mushroom growing videos

Ethnobotanical garden forum

Inocuole tea TEK

azur said: If you like 6th grade results, then 6th grade projects are great.

InvisibleMycoTao
Intrepid Psychonaut
Male

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: JacobStorm]
    #22436876 - 10/26/15 05:23 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Someone deleted their rating of me, I believe... I haven't been able to rate others for very long now so I'm still not quite sure how it works.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Leo Tolstoy

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
    #22436909 - 10/26/15 05:35 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SadMuff said:
You need to try the patch method. Patch the faster growing areas with more casing until the entire thing is even with mycelium. Some areas grow faster than others.

Quote:

SadMuff said:
And yeah that's way too much humidity or water forming on that.. I would just case the layer again.

Patching is for casing layers...and the water on the surface looks perfect...the actual sub like he said was too wet... just ride it out OP it has potential to be pretty good still.

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

InvisibleMycoTao
Intrepid Psychonaut
Male

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: LocN9ne]
    #22466101 - 11/02/15 10:26 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Well the first tub has started pinning like crazy. Still no smell, no slime and the moisture is obviously being lessened as the culture slowly eats up the uncolonized substrate. I'm starting to think it was a bit fortuitous choosing to lay a top layer as it seems to have acted as a casing layer since the sub had too much water to properly colonize. The other is still knotted up but not producing pins and it is almost at 100%.

I've decided to put the one trying to fruit in to actual fruiting conditions and case the other in a day or so... I'll update with the link to the post I'll put up shortly in the logs forum.

Here is where the insistant culture stands so far.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Leo Tolstoy

Edited by MycoTao (11/02/15 11:14 AM)

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
    #22466105 - 11/02/15 10:29 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

KSSS :vibin:

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

OfflineprofessorFATTYCAP
Training 4 the mycothalon
 User Gallery

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: LocN9ne]
    #22466186 - 11/02/15 10:55 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I believe sad muff thinks that its cased bcuz its a coir sub which to people that use only straw and havnt used coir it appears as tho its a casing layer ive made the same mistake not that he only uses straw but u get the point.correct sad if ime wrong

InvisibleMycoTao
Intrepid Psychonaut
Male

Re: Not sure what to do here. [Re: professorFATTYCAP]
    #22466285 - 11/02/15 11:23 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I think you may be right about that... and once I move to a less spore-laden house I will probably diversify my sub considerably. Hell I already have my straw and hpoo sourced, I'm just too concerned with open air spawning in a place like this with contaminant-prone ingredients. Well aware that with proper pasteurization  it is only paranoia, but I just don't care.

I will have to bite the bullet and give it a go soon though as I just nocced a grain jar and a few plates with PanCam Goliaths... so that should be fun.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Leo Tolstoy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck