Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Some 1st grow issues and other q's.
    #2242490 - 01/14/04 06:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My muppet has two colonized B+ PFtek cakes that are in fruiting chambers right now. Both the cakes were inoc'd at the same time, but birthed a few days apart due to a non-growth patch on one of the cakes. The cake that was birthed first has tons of fuzzy bumps, called hyphal knots I believe, but nothing that has started to look like a mushie, and the second cake has a few but not near as many, and that cake has three mushies growing from it. Why is this one, without many hyphal knots, fruiting already while the other isn't? The temp. isn't always consistant due to a crappy house heater in my muppets shack, but never goes below high 60's. Could that be a problem? I'll take pictures if that will help. This is his first grow and he is very happy to at least see some mushies growing.

Also, he was wondering if he can use exhausted cakes to spawn bulk substrate. Which brings me to my next inquiry...

He basically has access to an unlimited amount of straw, already poo'd-in straw, horse crap,and cow crap. I have read a lot of the bulk teks, but I didn't find anything that told me if he could use JUST straw or JUST poo or any ratios for mixing the two. And what would be better, cow or horse poo? Or both maybe? Please give him some insight to him, it seems like such a waste not taking advantage of all the crap around here.

Thanks for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Some 1st grow issues and other q's. [Re: Grok]
    #2242592 - 01/14/04 07:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No I thinks temperature is not your problem. Hopefully in a few days all those knots will turn into pinheads and you won't have a problem!

You can use cakes to spawn bulk straw, but the poo REALLY helps. From what I hear.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2242613 - 01/14/04 07:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

First Q the cake thats fruiting might just wanna fruit dont stress it if the other has knots then it will shortlly come around.
Second Q ya you can spawn bulk with spent cakes but not nerly as good as just colinized ones (try it you wont go back)
Third Q horse poo is the best
Forth Q you can use straight poo or straight straw but if you use straight poo you need to add 25% or a little nore course verm so the poo is airated but if you have straw use the combo. The biggest best shrooms I have seen come from the poo and verm
Fith Q you can go 25% poo 75% straw or 50 50 but when you use the combo its allways good (what I have noticed) to use 25% up to 50% poo and the rest straw.

Anonymous

#2242619 - 01/14/04 07:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you can use just straw or just poo, or both.

horse poo :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag