Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Where and how did you meet your partner??
    #2240663 - 01/14/04 12:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Where did you meet your current boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse? What were the first words you said to him/her or did they approach you first and what did they say?

i'm sure everybody has a story to tell.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: TODAY]
    #2240683 - 01/14/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Long story, but threw a friend (who wanted her for 2 years) and now we're 4 and a half years stong. She just showed up in my drive way while i was wrenching on my 69.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2240685 - 01/14/04 12:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well i was born with good ole rosey palmer :laugh:

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2240760 - 01/14/04 01:34 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

college math class
sat nearby, in the back, of course
overheard conversation, mutual hometown
joined in
started talking
"hey,  wanna get some food after class? dunno bout you but im real hungry for some waffles."

the rest was history :heart:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2240767 - 01/14/04 01:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My husband and I have known one another since 7th grade.  We didn't start getting romantic until he was a freshman in college, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  :heart:

OfflineoDin
    #2240778 - 01/14/04 02:01 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

on the school bus, jr high

OfflineGranola
bag lady

Loc: 50.0N-6.0E
    #2240917 - 01/14/04 04:55 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

a resturant, ran into her a few more times and figured she was stalking me, a couple of months later I finaly gave in to the little stalker

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#2241012 - 01/14/04 06:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

funny enough first time we met was on a cruise line from stockholm-helsinki which is considered booze central but we didnt' start going out then...

we started going out when my other half came to london for a dance music festival called Homelands...we hooked up in the tent Armin Van Helden was playing in whilst on E :P

good times :grin: now, we've been going out for almost 4 years and getting married this year!

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #2241013 - 01/14/04 06:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I met 420Girl in 3rd grade
we were bf & gf for the 3rd,4th and 5th grade
I then went to a different school so we broke up
then we started going to the same jr high
we went to the same highschool nad college but didn't get back together till about 4 years ago.
I've known her longer than anyone in the town I'm in.
she' my bestest friend
she can finish my sentences and knows what I'm thinking or talking about before I speak or think.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinegobecky
her, no not her!

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: joe666]
    #2241445 - 01/14/04 11:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I found him on my door step. No kidding. I came home from work and he was visiting his buddy next door. He was standing outside smoking, asked me if I wanted a beer. I said sure. I took him home that night and to tell the truth never expected to see him again. But damn him, he just kept coming around. At first I thought of him as kind of a joke, nothing to take seriously, but eventually he kind of grew on me, the persistent fuck. That was three years ago.

--------------------
-There he goes one of god's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never intended for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
---Hunter Thompson

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2241701 - 01/14/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

me and my fiance went to elementary school together but were childhood enemys i guess, i always was mean to her and made fun of her then we went to diffrent middle schools. in HS i went to my algebra class in 9th grade and there she was, i was never good at paying attention in class so i would copy off of her so i sat next to her and we started talking and became friends, we were friends through 9th grade kinda though we didn't talk that much except in algebra class, then in 10th grade we started seeing more of each other because we were in another class together and we went out to lunch together everyday but still remained friends only. she was the cute little innocent girl and i was the bad boy, trouble makin, school skipping, druggie... it was only a matter of time :devil: anyway she always wanted to hang out with me and i was always out partying with friends and basically didn't have time for her, finally she asked me out in 11th and she begged me to introduce her to drugs and then the fun began, probably the best spring break of our lifes something we'll never forget, that summer we started trippin and rolling together and my friends really liked her and everything was so perfect, you really grow attached to someone when you've been through so much together, we had been to hell and back, both struggling with a ton of problems, seemed like life just had it out for us but we survived and became stronger than ever, it seems like destinty looking back at all the little things, how we used to play on the same playground in kindergarden and how we happened to be in the same classes in highschool and if i wasn't such a lazy ass in school we probably wounldn't have ever talked, everything just came together so perfectly and everything that happened between us had reason and we've never been happier in our lives, sorry this is so long but you asked :tongue:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2242503 - 01/14/04 06:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My 25th birthday.....I was on shrooms at a college bar/dance club that I frequented.  The DJ (a friend) announced my birthday and said everyone had to buy me a drink.  My wife was the first person to show up with 2 shots, one for me and one for her.  We were living together within a few weeks. :heartpump:

In a few months we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. :thumbup:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2242511 - 01/14/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thats a fucking rad story man ^

Thats cool and i wish you many more.

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2242865 - 01/14/04 10:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That is a really good one.

I met mine at a bar.  My friend finally dragged me out one night (I was a car salesman at the time and stopped going out on account of being so tired all the time) and went out with a big group of people. 

He kept telling me all night that he wanted to hook up with this one chick, and I could never figure out who he was talking about.

Well, after the group ended up at one of the bars in the long line of stops that night, I was buying a drink and this chick on the couch asked me who I was with as she had seen me with them all night.  I told her my friend, and we started talking.

Well I started playing really drunk (but not sloppy) and wondering (out loud  :tongue:) as to how I would get home that night as I lived over an hour away and had drove.  She offered to drive my car. :grin:

Well, we got to her house and just hung out and messed around a while before passing out.

I woke the next morning to my friend calling asking where I was as he never saw me again after that bar and when I explained to him what happened, he realized I was with the chick he had been after. 

After a long line of expletives, and some dissapointment on his part, we laughed about it.

And we're still together over 2 years later.  My longest relationship to date.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (01/15/04 01:33 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2243883 - 01/15/04 11:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i hope to have a good story some day like theses, you all are lucky people!!

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2244190 - 01/15/04 01:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

these are good ones.

well, a friend and i had some beers and we were just chillin on the stoop after work. right below us, the neighbor, was another good friend and we all party together sometimes. so as we were kickin it, dude's door comes flying open and the musics playing and everything. moses, the guy's name, yells up to us to come down. so we walk down 1 flight of stairs and heres this tallish chick, same build as me. never seen her before, even though she lived right around the corner. she was the first person i saw and her ass was so nice and plump and soft. after that it's all just kind of a blur...

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2244330 - 01/15/04 02:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It was summer time and I was blasting some Dead with the windows down, just cruising around with my bud getting stoned. We pulled up to the park and these three very hot girls who were hanging out (who my friend knew from HS) came over and I remember Chinadoll sitting on the hood of my car like it was yesterday. She was into the music more than me at the time, but I stalked her for like two years after that!  We got married had two great kids and I love her more than ever! Corny but still true! :heart:

That happened around 1974

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: Ripple]
    #2244336 - 01/15/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

met my boyfriend mushroom picking.  didnt think much of it, just thought he was hot.  then he invited me over for some drinks with his friends, and the rest was history :grin:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: Ripple]
    #2244376 - 01/15/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ripple said:
It was summer time and I was blasting some Dead with the windows down, just cruising around with my bud getting stoned. We pulled up to the park and these three very hot girls who were hanging out (who my friend knew from HS) came over and I remember Chinadoll sitting on the hood of my car like it was yesterday. She was into the music more than me at the time, but I stalked her for like two years after that!  We got married had two great kids and I love her more than ever! Corny but still true! :heart:

That happened around 1974

Aw, thats such a sweet story!  :heart: :smile:

OfflineDrWho
TimeLord

Loc: nth ring
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: MOTH]
    #2244522 - 01/15/04 04:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i was reading tarot cards in a coffee shop 10 years ago or so.
this dj has me do a reading on the knock out i had missed.
he wanted to know if she is the one for him.

i lied and told him he had no chance in hell...
finished the reading, then made my move...

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: DrWho]
    #2245322 - 01/16/04 12:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I met my girlfriend in Driving class oddly enough. We didn't talk too much, but she got my number somehow, phoned me and we hit it off. I still thank her every day for being so agressive :smile:. Best thing that has ever happened to me and it's only been 9 months :laugh:.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #5928563 - 08/03/06 01:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I first met danksistah at a Dark Star Orchestra show, in Birmingham. We danced abit and that was it. We met again at a festival in Auburn, when Sound Tribe Sector 9 was playing. I called her Dark Star girl. :grin: We actually had met in 1997, in Gulf Shores, but we didn't ever get acquainted. She was just friends with some of my friends and we partied together.

That's the story of the meeting of blissed and danksis.

--------------------

:murray:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: blissedout]
    #5928702 - 08/03/06 02:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i was living in a park, i saw her picking up things from the ground one day and asked her what she was doing. saw her again a couple days later and went to talk to her, she invited myself and my friends back to her house to drink. i don't drink, but after she found out about my love of candy she hid a reese's peanut butter cup in my backpack.
i came back the next morning for coffee, and from there it was instant.

my story is especially cool because i later found out i was only the second person she dated... the first being for like a month. fated i guess.

edit: i think i said something really funny and blunt like "i don't really understand how friendly touching is supposed to work so i'm going to ask, can i put my arm around you".

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (08/03/06 02:18 PM)

Invisibleadrug

Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5928767 - 08/03/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I met my partner through the shroomery, of all places. We talked here and there on IRC for a couple of years before we decided that we should hang out since we lived so close. I was instantly attracted and convinced him to come back and see me again. And again. And again!

What cemented the deal for me was when we went to the '05 NE Gathering together. We bonded strongly not only with each other but with the rest of the people there. Seeing him interact with people other than me, watching us interact together with others, it was all just so...right. I've never felt more comfortable, confident, or reassured in a relationship, and it just keeps getting better. :heart:

Just one more reason for me to love the shroomery. :grin:

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #5928771 - 08/03/06 02:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I met her at a small party through a mutual friend. Little did she know that I was packing a bottle of homemade absinthe to show off and spread around. She is a tiny girl and I thought to myself that she would never take a shot. Well, she shot like a pro and didn't flinch. She even managed to look mostly unimpressed. I didn't bother to try. We hit it off like it was destiny and I learned real quick that love is everything medicine. The best part is that gooey nonsense like, "love medicine," makes us both want to puke, except when I whisper it to her in quiet darkness. Then it makes us want to do something else and then lie in bed forever, together.

OfflineIrijes
Dankwoman
 User Gallery

Loc: Happy Trails
    #5929418 - 08/03/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Dankman and I met at the '04 AZ Gathering. We got married at the '05 AZ gathering. We didn't talk much at the first night we met. But the second night we tripped by the fire together. I've loved him ever since.

--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
    #5929451 - 08/03/06 06:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I met my bf through one of his friends (whom to this day I have not met, nor talk to anymore.) They were pretty close friends, and this was back in grade 10 (2000.) I had every intention of meeting his friend. But one way or another I started to talk to his buddy (my bf) online as well. As my internt connection with the one, I got a lot closer to his friend. He always had a gf, and I was always semi jealous. Nothing I could do about it. But I moved up to London last summer, and by October I was like, "fuck it, we are gonna meet, enough of this bull shit." I have been seeing him ever since. Talked to him online for 5 years before I actually met him, and there was only about 3.5 hours driving time between us. SILLY!

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: Bowers]
    #5929693 - 08/03/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I met my wife at college, in the marching band. We both played trombone and would stand near each other during drill rehearsal. She used my red hair and tie-dyed shirts as a reference for where she had to stand. We met her freshman year, my soph.... She had heard rumors that I was a druggie and a drunk and womanizer, and the day she got the nerve to talk to me I was so high during rehearsal that all I could do was laugh.... and she avoided me for about a year :-)

She got over it though, and a two years later... (her junior, my senior year) we started dating! The rumors of my alcoholism and womanaizing were exaggerated, but I was pretty much the druggie of that marching band full of lushes and squares. I introduced her to a whole new world of concerts, camping and good times. Things have never been the same.

We celebrated our first year of marriage just a few days ago.

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: Bowers]
    #5929698 - 08/03/06 08:22 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm trying to meet my partner at a festival. It isn't working.

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: nookjohn]
    #5929701 - 08/03/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nookjohn said:
I'm trying to meet my partner at a festival. It isn't working.

would this be the Beer festival that is next weekend??

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #5929711 - 08/03/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I met my wife on teh intarwebnet chat rooms of all places. 7 years later and we're happy as clams. :cool::thumbup:

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: unbeliever]
    #5929740 - 08/03/06 08:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I looked down to my right hand one day and asked, "What's your name?"
It said Rosy Palmer and we have been in love every since.

Edited by Rahie (08/03/06 08:48 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: blissedout]
    #5929755 - 08/03/06 08:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I saw the thread title and thought "I know I've answered this one before."  Then I opened it and realized I was right!

Thanks for the 2 1/2 year old thread revival Blissed! :tongue:

*edit*  BTW- we had our 12th anniversary a couple months ago. :thumbup:

Edited by ToTheSummit (08/03/06 08:50 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#5929809 - 08/03/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
I saw the thread title and thought "I know I've answered this one before."  Then I opened it and realized I was right!

Thanks for the 2 1/2 year old thread revival Blissed! :tongue:

Methinks, "did i post a new thread in the pub today??" lol

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies