Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePandyCants
Doin' what I can

New to the boards, and questions
    #2240579 - 01/14/04 01:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself and then ask ya one or two questions. The effects hallucinagins have on the human mind, both physically (on a molecular level) and of course mentally has fascinated me which somewhat lead me here. Been reading many of the posts on here and for lack of anything better to post (that someone else already hasnt) I havent had anything to say. Anyways, Im in mid process of my first grow using the PF cakes with brf/verm. Seems to be going well so far at 86F, growth started 4 days after innoculation. Ive read over much of this site, plenty on erowid, but still 2 questions come to mind.

1. after reading the "cheap and easy way to dry mushrooms without desiccant" I got to thinking, would it be at all possible to dry the mushrooms with the reflector dish they talk about? Like just placing the 60watt bulb just high enough over the black tshirt to trap the heat under the shirt and in turn dry the mushrooms out?

2. Under some of the posts here I've seen people talking about using a fishtank pump to pump air through the terrarium to help with the gas build up. I know i could just fan it, but im pretty good with tinkering stuff together and wondered if anyone could fill me in on the setup, I cant seem to piece it together in my head (like with a steady airflow wouldnt the humidity level drop?) I'll be using perlite in the terrarium too if that helps.

Anyways, thanks for all the help, at the moment I'm in my second year of pharm school, not so much yet but in the near future i'll be learning many of the effects of pharmacuedicals, please feel free to ask, heh even though the internet and the people on this site are very knowledgable on their own, I have access to a library full of books documenting probably every pharmacuetic on the market today. Im sure I could find some fun stuff on pyscadelics in there too :smile:  So again please feel free to ask, and thanks for the help now and additional help I may need in the future, from the posts I've read everyone here seems like a fun, knowledgable, and certainly interesting group of people. :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: New to the boards, and questions [Re: PandyCants]
    #2240592 - 01/14/04 01:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

as far as number 1 goes that would likely work, but i would make sure they have a little air circulation because they will occasionally get moldy. so long as theres a small breeze or anything you'll be cool. as far as number 2 i wouldnt know. too poor! :-(

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2240726 - 01/14/04 03:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery!

1) Well, you do not want it to get too hot in there, because you have to remember that the active ingredients in mushrooms will break down in temperatures in the 100s...so, you would want to be careful.

Its best to just take a small rubbermaid, and set the mushrooms on the dri-rite. It should be air-tight. You'll want to fan dry them first as well. Its best to just set them on top of a box fan that has been elevated, and you get most of the water weight out in about a day. Then you move them to the chamber to get them fully crispy.

2) You could leave your pump on 24/7 if you wanted to. The positive pressure would be good, and shouldnt drop the humidity down too much. If it does, just put it on a timer when you aren't able to fan.

Anonymous

#2240786 - 01/14/04 04:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome, PandyCants.

Have a :spliff:. :grin:

OfflineKaLeS002
Shpongle
    #2240859 - 01/14/04 05:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

2. Yea you should fan... and the pump shouldn't drop humidity... but usually the pump is used to raise RH. You put the bubbler inside a dish filled with water in the terrarium, that water evaporates slowly making your pump a humidifier and it helps with the fresh air.

Here is a link describing what I'm talking about:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml#Terrarium

scroll down to: Method 2: Using a Fish Tank Bubblier.

--------------------
Kales002

OfflinePandyCants
Doin' what I can

Re: New to the boards, and questions [Re: KaLeS002]
    #2241138 - 01/14/04 11:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the help all, reading back on mine this morning (posted at like 3am last night and wasnt all there) I meant to say withOUT the reflecting mirror. but yea, I think I may do it with the fan and then the rubbermaid, havent quite decided. I thought psylocibin broke down at like 140 so I was thinking if I kept the digital thermometer underneath the black t-shirt where the mushrooms would be and ajusted the light fixture until the temp was right around 95ish? please tell me if i'm missing something with that, or if I could make the temp a little higher? thanks again

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation