Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Psiloman]
    #2234903 - 01/11/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, yes and no.

To me, fun is a part of spirituality insofar as there is a thing.

Hanging with my friends, cracking up because we're chasing each other with bubble-guns is communion. Dancing at a club is sacrament. Sex with the woman I love is the mandate of the Deity. And so on.

In this, I've gained incredible insight into my identity, my attitudes, my art, my beliefs and my interactions with others. I've seen how I relate with the universe, and understand it's just my perspective.

And I had a fkn good time doing it, too! Both in deep meditation and dancing with glowsticks.

You're both saying the same thing here. It's not even "agree to disagree" - it's bridging the gap. There's enough room, experience and freedom for it to expand all boundaries - whether you approach it like Terrence McKenna or Timothy Leary or someone "just" wanting to have a good time with his mates.

The hindrance comes with the irresponsible ones -- the ones that present a danger to themselves and others (physically, socially, emotionally) and end up on the news as "Another Teen Drug Abuser Gone Horribly Wrong." Apply the infighting between the various people who are using it for different reasons (but responsibly all the same). The government barely needs to anything at all, because drug users aren't going anywhere but in circles, apparently.

However...
The shroomerites, collectively, do more good for the "psychedelic scene" than harm, because maybe one in a hundred (more? less?) of the people here will do something positive in the world, and it's probably going to be better than a random sampling of the world at large. The difference I've encountered thanks to numerous people here and related communities has been amazing - amidst the rumors, bickering and so on, there are some very smart and some very compassionate and forward-thinking people -- sometimes the same people, even.

Trust me, psilo - I'm with you on your approach to mushrooms - sounds like we're in the same space there. The problem lies in assuming one way. Really.
It's like life -- person A will go to France, but never make it to Australia. Person B will never go to France, but will visit Australia. Which one is the lesser person?
One person makes random fingerpaintings while tripping - another figures out what has been keeping them caught in depression - both are valid, whole experiences.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Edited by valour (01/11/04 07:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: valour]
    #2236545 - 01/12/04 06:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well,this is what i call a true discussion,hearing all the sides so the observer can draw his/her own conclusions

First of all sorry if i was a bit "harsh" on my previous posts.Sometimes for a voice to be heard and taken into account it must bear the weight of a sword i think.

Basicly what comes out of the conversation is the following. Spirituality can be achieved in many ways not only by lotus position sitting "Aum" humming guys with a library full of weird new age books. What is more important is responsibility in use. Previously i have thought that recreational usage only carried a certain degree of responsibility with it.But irresponsible people are found everywhere (well,just check Homer Simpson,he is the safety guy in a nuclear plant!!!!).

So,th best thing that can be done is to teach responsible use to people that can be taught. Im ok with that :laugh:

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Psiloman]
    #2238065 - 01/12/04 10:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ha.. ya.. my post came off a bit harsh too.  partially intentionally, partially because I was about to go to sleep and had just finished off a mug of brandy, and went way out into left field on a tangent :wink:

Responsible use takes many forms, and may include making yourself look a fool, but it doesn't include endangering yourself or others.  And making yourself look a fool in public is not a good idea, because that may lead to cops, and that may lead to not only your arrest but also that of other people.  So don't, say, run around a mall throwing glitter at people squealing all day long.  Heh. 
And I'd say by and by large from what I've read most the people here probably fall on the 'responsible' side of the fence.. maybe not by far sometimes :wink: but more often than not. 
And really you can attribute something spiritual to almost anything, or you can not.  It's all about how you interprete it.  You can sit around laughing at cartoons and wind up deciding you had a spiritual experience, and hey, no one can really say you didn't.  And you could have incredible revelations and insights, and think it was all just your thinking and nothing spiritual.  Both equally valid.. it's all about how you interpret things.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2238089 - 01/12/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I always used to get pissed off when my friends tell me how "fucked up" they got off the shrooms I got them but then I realized, I still want to spread the wealth of the mushroom, as long as they use them safe, let them have the fun they are having, its their loss if they dont see as a window into another universe.

Besides, even if you are pissed off about the way your friends are using mushrooms, let them keep fucking around till they decide to down a bunch and have a really bad trip...... only then will they truly appreciate the power of the magical fungus

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: aguynameddan]
    #2238111 - 01/12/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i used to be atheist.. didnt beleive there was anything there. since ive started shrooming ive come to a deeper realization of myself and what the greater power may be.. its been a great help for a young man lost in a see of religion that just doesnt suit him.. they made me realize theres a greater good, but not necessarily what the institutions force on me. peace

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinegobecky
her, no not her!

Loc: San Francisco
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Yarry]
    #2239079 - 01/13/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think the conclusion is we all are responsible for our own actions, but we live with a government that punishes us all when only a few get out of control. Like the mean teacher that punishes the whole class when only one person acts up. The lesson is we all have to be really careful. There is a conspiracy, there are people out to stop you from doing your goddess given right, and there are people who will hurt you for things they don't understand. Remember PF, and he got off easy.

--------------------
-There he goes one of god's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never intended for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
---Hunter Thompson

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Wiener]
    #2239422 - 01/13/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms are like a nuclear weapon. People who take them to get fukt up dont detonate it right like a dirty bomb. So much potential but only slight and sometimes unpleasent effects. When u let them take over and have a truly enlightening experience then you go critical.
Everytime i take(enough) shrooms it is a life changing experience. Ive had the shit scared out of me a couple of times but other than that it has been fuking amazing and mind blowing.

OfflineJuanMatus
Stranger
Re: people who eat mushies to get fucked up [Re: Wiener]
    #2240234 - 01/13/04 08:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it is a shame that governments even regulates the use of drugs. in the usa the constitution should back the use under protection of individual freedoms. whether someone wishes to "get fucked up", or wishes to expand their mind should be a freedom of choice.
my friends cat uses mushrooms to treat depression, she says that it works on the same receptors that prozac does. I say to each his or her own.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract