Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleWChef

Bulk trays fruited without fruiting chamber
    #22400385 - 10/18/15 11:23 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

I've been colonizing some bulk trays for the standard ten days when I had to leave for the weekend, decided to allow consolidation instead of starting fruiting and left them in what was to become my monotub. However, at the time, the holes were covered with tyvek so there should've been only gas exchange going on. But when I came back today fruiting was in full swing. I also noticed a set of growing mushrooms is swept sharply to the side, as if it was growing to or away from the light. I didn't notice until after I moved the tub so now I have no way of knowing which it is, but I'm curious. I also got a lot of pins on the sides and bottom.

Hopefully no issues will arise out of this, but clearly I went wrong somewhere. Curious to hear your thoughts on what happened. Did my tyvek provide too much FAE? Should I have restricted light during colonization? Is my batch just an aggressive fruiter?

Edited by WChef (10/19/15 03:24 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: Away for the weekend, come back to fruits without fruiting chamber [Re: WChef]
    #22400443 - 10/18/15 11:39 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Lack of appropriate lighting and FAE (tyvek only provides GE) is what caused the mushies to grow to the side like that. I'm sure there's a ton of "fuzzy feet" at the base of those mushrooms, but you don't have any pics, so I can only make an educated guess. :smirk:

OfflineDesigner Drugs
Amateur Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
Re: Away for the weekend, come back to fruits without fruiting chamber [Re: WChef]
    #22400551 - 10/19/15 12:14 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like it may just be an aggressive fruiter, imo.

--------------------

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life, and realize there's nothing left." -Coolio

InvisibleWChef

Re: Away for the weekend, come back to fruits without fruiting chamber [Re: Designer Drugs]
    #22400965 - 10/19/15 03:27 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

The fact that its fruited without any FAE is unusual though isn't it?

I'll post some pics of my sideways shrooms maybe tomorrow unless they resolve themselves or something.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation